• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Go to Jetblue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seriously why on earth would you want this. You don't see a conflict of interest there like there is with ALPA and many regionals. Ask dal dpa guys how they feel about everyone in one big happy union. I'm pro union where needed, but all employing the same union is plane stupid.

ask dal dpa guys how they feel about everyone in one big happy union. I'm pro union where needed, but all employing the same union is plane stupid.

None of them would go without ALPA and trust airline leadership.

You want Jetblue pilot to wait for something that has not been invented yet to become real and then vote for that?

Get real. ALPA may suck but the alternative is worse.

A few folks at F9 have been buried in labor issues for a number of years now. We are attempting to resurrect our in-house union from the dead after being raided by the IBT.

I am wondering out loud if we can, at a later date, create an LCC union with three or four Local unions. It would be a Joint Council of sorts, with one main legislative body from three for four LCC airbus operators. Each separate airline would maintain their own Local for the purposes of negotiating, collection of dues, CBA administration but the JC would have a Constitution including among other things a merger policy.

Why would this be beneficial? I think LCC consolidation is a given. Why not have an approved merger procedure and avoid the great unknown of SLI arbitration. I am sure Eischen and Nicolau and Bloch could use another $300-$500K at our expense but why not make an attempt to control the process?

Meanwhile, you keep your dues in-house and attempt to establish an industry wide, LCC narrow body benefit package.

Joint Council with reps from say...F9,Spirit,JB and Virgin. We could get JB and Virgin without a showing of interest, just a write-in. That may compel Spirit to join, who knows.

Why try to reinvent the wheel and scrape for funding, organization and legitimacy??

Go with ALPA and build one hard-core, kick A$$ local MEC using the tools ALPA National can provide. ALPA National doesn't dictate policy the pilots do.

Anyone who is up for making B6 a career, send in a card. Tell your friends to send in a card. Sadly, many yes voters have yet to send in a card. The clock is ticking. New health care plans are right around the corner. Think last year was bad? Send in a card!

"In business, you don't get what you deserve. You get what you negotiate."

New plans are out. Are they notably worse than last year?

You take issue with it? You wont even know the extent of the increase and/or reduction is benefit until you need a specific treatment that was covered in previous years and all of a sudden isnt.

It wont be disclosed or included in any of the presentations by johanna. Everything is ra ra free pizza here until you find yourself broke.

Wait until that simple biopsy on that freckle on your back ends up costing you $900 after insurance.. Ask me how i know

Plus that bill came yesterday and oh by the way I already spent $11,000 this year for my family NOT including the $3600 in yearly premiums.

Then again smartass you might take exception with his assumptions because afterall coverage couldnt get any worse !!!!

Wake up boy you might be 31 years old but you are not exempt from life

He doesn't care because he uses his wife's medical insurance. This koolaide cabbage patch is a putz.

He doesn't care because he uses his wife's medical insurance. This koolaide cabbage patch is a putz.

I still care Pinnacle pilot. Tell me, how would you characterize your overall compensation as a Pinnacle pilot relative to industry standard?

Last years plans are plenty bad enough. Just cause they kept them the same doesn't mean anything.

It is still going to cost me in the thousands of dollars to have a kid.

Agree that our medical is inexcusable. The relevance of my post is a reply to the post I quoted and the impression it gave about 2014 plan changes.

Latest resources

Back