• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Go to ATI or stay at the regionals?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think you know the answer to that question. Granted, you'll be flying steam gages again however you'll probably see more light at the end of the tunnel at ATI. Plus it's a change of venue, something new to wrap your head around.
Good Luck in whichever you chose.

Got to ATI or stay at a regional after 9 years as an FO an no upgrade anytime soon?

Were you offered the 11/30 class? I really hope you gave it a lot of thought already whether leaving Comair would be best for you. So you've been there 7 years and I see you flew the Dash for 2 years before that. (I'm guessing Piedmont??) So out of your 8000 hours, you are probably at 2000 PIC tops?

You may want to factor in some what-ifs into your thought process. If you go to ATI, more than likely you won't be a Captain for a long, long time. Lets say something happens with ATI and you are out of a job. You may find yourself at a huge disadvantage because you haven't been PIC on anything in 10-15 years. I've seen it before (hell its happened to me)

On the upside, if all goes well at ATI...you will be very happy.

Best of luck..I've heard nothing but good things about the people at ATI. But then again, ATA had a bunch of wonderful people, too!

Last edited:
Go to ATI dude. You'll get to fly a real airplane, keep your stick and rudder skills sharp and earn more money than you'll ever make at the commuters. Most of all, you'll have FUN.
More than likely the 767 will replace the 8's when they finally park them (nobody knows when). They do fly a little passenger work, but mostly cargo.
You're stress level will be cut in half when you stop flying passengers. Remember that!! Good luck in whatever you choose to do.

From a guy who is basically doing the same sort of flying as ATI, but in the PAX business. I highly recommend going there. I don't know much about the company, but the stuff you will learn flying worldwide will put your resume at the top when hiring starts back up.

Go to ATI and don't look back! You might be on the DC-8 for a bit, but they are going away soon, and its glass after that. You'll see the world, get some realy good experience, have a lot of fun; Or, you can stay at wherever and go back and forth to cleveland, then to harrisburg, then back to cleveland, ad nausuem

iF you have already been offered a job go to ATI, if not you will now be behind the furloughed ABX pilots per the new contract and SL.

Can you explain this one?

Can you explain this one?

Go to ATI... the Regionals suck!!! I did 8 years at one and was a Capt and leaving was a no brainer!!

Go to ATI... the Regionals suck!!! I did 8 years at one and was a Capt and leaving was a no brainer!!

No, I got that part! I totally understand that and would love to go to ATI. I just didn't understand the ABX comment. I'm patiently waiting for the window to reopen.

Latest resources

Back