Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

go! New Mesa Hawaii airline gets a name!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BlackPilot628 said:
How the hell are they going to get a CRJ2 over there. Tear it apart and ship it.

Probably the same way they get 172's, Navajo's and 737-200's over to the islands ....

Think about it ...

I never thought they would get this think up and running. They're already booking flights.

$$$4nothin said:
Hireing req.

Mommy and Daddy willing to keep supporting your dumb A$$ after you have already spent $100,000 of there money going to college. You know, how do these kids have so little sense of pride to have this conversation with there parents.
Kid: Mom, Dad, I know I have blown $100,000 of your money living on the beach for the last 4 years. I understand you didn't plan on spending that much, and I am destroying your retirement accounts. I am really selfish and have SJS so I am going to go live in Hawaii makeing $18,000 a year. As we both know it will cost at least $40,000 a year to live there so if you could just send me a check for $2,000 on the first of every month that would be great.
What the parents should say: GO! to hell

If more parents would say no, the industry would be a lot different.

I don't mean to rip on you twice in one day, but this is a quote of one of your recent posts:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
$$$4nothin vbmenu_register("postmenu_926828", true);
http://forums.flightinfo.com/member.php?u=12495
Civ/Mil: Civ
A/C Flown: enough, PA-31, BE-58, EMB-145
Ratings: CFI CFII MEI
Curr Position: Under Paid
Total Time: 3000

Taxes
I made about $25,000 last year, had the normal deduction amount, and had $2800 taken from me over the year. Turbo Tax is saying that I am only getting $350 back. That seems pretty low to me. Does this sound normal to everyone.
Thanks for the feedback

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ummm.... A whopping whole $25 grand! wow! I'm glad to see you are doing SOOOOO much better than the Mesa pilots..

For the Mesa guys: WTF? Mesa is advertising that they are hiring pilots for the Hawaii operation. I thought you guys had made sure it was going to be staffed with Mesa pilots, and that there were enough volunteers to staff "GO Airlines"?​

Mesa plans to 'Go' the distance

Pacific Business News (Honolulu) - March 27, 2006
by Howard Dicus

The head of the Mainland company launching an interisland airline called "Go" says he's here to stay but the introductory fares aren't.
Jonathan Ornstein, CEO of Mesa Air Group, says the $39 one-way fares he chose for the opening of service in June -- fares which Hawaiian Airlines and Aloha Airlines are matching -- are designed to entice people to try the service. Eventually, fares will be higher.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MON/go/bzjrmmec0160000084mon/direct/01/
But Ornstein did raise the possibility that the fares will last longer than the summer period, through Sept. 30, which have so far been announced.
"When you plug fares into the computer," he explained, "you have to put some kind of stop date. But what we're really planning is to keep the fares until we've gotten a sufficient number of people to try the product."
Sources at Aloha Airlines have told Pacific Business News that Ornstein has got to be selling seats at a loss because his jets seat only 50 passengers, less than half as many as they do.
Ornstein did not dispute that but said his cost structure was favorably affected by fact that he got the four regional jets with which he will launch the service on favorable terms. Part of the cost of flying anywhere is the cost of payments on the planes that execute the service, he said.
Hawaiian Airlines CEO Mark Dunkerley said he thought Ornstein's foray into Hawaii was probably driven in part by a desire not to create ill will with the Mainland carriers United Airlines, Delta Air Lines and US Airways, for which Mesa Air Group acts as a subcontractor flying regional feeder service. In Hawaii, Dunkerley said, Ornstein would be competing with carriers none of which uses Mesa as a vendor.
Ornstein confirmed that was indeed a factor but did not rule out using the "Go" name on the Mainland later on.
Hawaiian's Dunkerley and Aloha Airlines Vice President for Marketing Thom Nulty each said their carriers are in the interisland business permanently no matter what "Go" does.
"Go" launches June 9 with two regional jets. One will be based in Kahului and will fly to Honolulu, then alternate round trips to Kona and Kahului for the rest of the day. The second plane will be based at Lihue and will fly to Honolulu, then alternate round trips to Kahului and Lihue for the rest of the day.
On June 20, two more jets will join the service. One will be based at Kona, flying to Honolulu and then alternating round trips to Lihue and Kona for the rest of the day. The other will be based at Hilo, flying to Honolulu and then alternating round trips to Kahului and Hilo for the rest of the day.
In all four cases the first departure will be in the 6 a.m. hour and the last arrival will be in the 9 p.m. hour.

mdanno808 said:
For the Mesa guys: WTF? Mesa is advertising that they are hiring pilots for the Hawaii operation. I thought you guys had made sure it was going to be staffed with Mesa pilots, and that there were enough volunteers to staff "GO Airlines"?​

they are staffed by mesa pilots and FA's all who are going over there have been awarded there bases and they are effective june 4th. probably just an EOE thing.

Hey OTTO.
I DONT LIVE IN HAWAII EITHER. I also don't have any parental support. Ya I made 1st year FO pay last year, but I flew frieght before that so I had some money saved up. What does what I made have anything to do with these kids asking mommy and daddy for money. Don't be pissed at me because you work for freedom and live off mom and dad.

mdanno808 said:

It is to be staffed by Mesa pilots......but no one is bidding it!!

ReverseSensing said:
dang, that must be the Mesa-sized packaging. I've never seen it in boxes.
Hey,
It is like box wine, its the only way to get the volume of a$$ lube needed to prevent the sphincter from bursting into flames from the friction.
BAAAHAAA
PBR

Latest resources

Back