Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

go! New Mesa Hawaii airline gets a name!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flights from HNL to LAS are empty on who? Last time I was commuting, flights to and from Vegas were packed to the seams. Check HAL's loads anywhere on the mainland, and you'll see that you will never get out on a travel pass. Ask the AWA guys about loads to PHX and LAS. I have to commute to the mainland every two weeks for work, and can tell you that PHX, LAS, and LAX are the hardest cities to get to. If you have to get to PHX try ATA, as they usually have the most seats.

Yes, but . . .

HNL to PHX . . . packed to the gills, no doubt.

But I guess I meant Hawaii (the state) .. . . and USAirways LAS-Maui is a pretty easy bet. And Mesa employees have first dibs on GO! flight for inter-island stuff.

That said . . . I was mostly refering to the occasional vist to the mainland. Anyone who works a Mesa schedule of 6 on 2/3 off and commutes home is a glutton for punishment anyway, and add an uncertain 7 hr flight/commute to Hawaii would be INSANE.

Add sitting in a jumpseat on a regular basis to that . . . ugh. Just kill me now.

go! back to Arizona

This mornings Honolulu Advertiser and Star Bulletin are announcing Mesa's new airline name is "go!" This big announcement was supposed to include details of a new codeshare with mesa and USAir or United. This big announcement was also supposed to detail mesa's new local Hawaiian investors. Are we supposed to be still holding our breath or was all the drama for the months leading up to this big announcement just more fear mongering from mesa's ceo? The fear mongering continues with this quote from the mesa ceo. "Even if we fly empty, we could fly five years on the profits the rest of our company makes in one year." Lets see you go! empty for 6 months JO. ("JO", Jonathan Ornstiens initials, is how mesa employees associate their ceo's sociopathic ways to the murderous celebrity OJ Simpson.)
I still dont think mesa will start up in June. There are too many hurdles still for them to overcome. The least of which is what gates they will use? Mesa is still "negotiating with the state Department of Transportation for office space and terminal facilities at the Honolulu and Neighbor Island airports". Our two local airlines better not count on anything. It's time for both our local airlines to get with the program and hit mesa hard.
Also of particular interest is the fact that go! is a complete rip off of European carrier "Easy Jet's" old logo and advertising campaign. Click Here for a photo of one of the original "GO" airplanes on airliners.net

Mesa couldn't have ripped off Go airlines anymore without actually stealing their aircraft! Ripping off the name GO is bad enough but mesa also now rips off how they use their name to make a bunch of mottos ("go and say hi" "go have fun", "go explore", "were going your way", "ready set go", "go anywhere", etc)

FURTHERMORE, The go! mesa website is also a complete rip off of Spirit Airlines website. Right down to the html codes.
http://www.spiritair.com/welcome.aspx
http://www.iflygo.com/

Look, I have no beef with any of you folks who seem to dislike the business that Mesa is doing with "Go". Some of the speculations and comments don't seem to be very well thought through. Stealing the web layout, come on, it is so yesterday to pick such stuff and rag about it. Ever heard of web templates? Thousands of sites are structured similar...even down to the html. There really isn't anything new in business today...rehash, refry, redo. Acting like the island life is so much different than anywhere else...it's not, believe me. Same s_ _ _ - different place. Trying to incite the locals to reject Mesa is a waste of effort.

Look, I don't care what website layout they use, what paint scheme they use, etc. Where are you from? Were you born and raised in Hawaii?
Airgod said:
Acting like the island life is so much different than anywhere else...it's not, believe me. Same s_ _ _ - different place. Trying to incite the locals to reject Mesa is a waste of effort.

Planes used by Mesa Air target of fire warning

Star-Bulletin news services
[email protected]

Bombardier Inc. and airlines should be required to modify CRJ-200 aircraft to prevent onboard fires, a U.S. safety board told aviation regulators.
The 50-seat CRJ-200s are the jets that will be used for Hawaii interisland service by go!, the startup airline operated by Mesa Air Group Inc. Mesa said last week it plans to begin flying on June 9.
Of the 1,000 CRJ-200s in service worldwide, the biggest operators of the aircraft are Delta Connection, with 230 aircraft, and Lufthansa CityLine of Germany, with 65 jets, according to Bombardier's Web site. Besides Mesa, which operates as Delta Connection, other airlines that fly them are Air Wisconsin, Air Canada, Atlantic Coast Airlines, Air Nostrum, Horizon Air and Northwest Airlink.
The National Transportation Safety Board's recommendations to the Federal Aviation Administration follow seven fires aboard the Bombardier aircraft, six in the last six months, the board said in an e-mailed statement. The board classified four of its seven recommendations as "urgent."
"The potential consequen-ces of these fires can be catastrophic," NTSB Acting Chair- man Mark Rosenker said in the statement yesterday. All the fires involved a switching device for electrical power generated aboard the plane, the NTSB said. There have been no fatalities from the fires.
One incident happened Dec. 8 as pilots for Delta Air Lines Inc.'s Comair unit climbed through 23,000 feet after departing Cincinnati. They smelled smoke in the cockpit and declared an emergency.
Six days later, pilots for SkyWest Inc.'s Atlantic Southeast unit declared an emergency while descending through 24,000 feet into Atlanta. The crew "was confronted with a cascade of failure events," including loss of electrical power, the smell of smoke, the loss of displays and a hot cabin temperature.
Bombardier, the world's third-largest commercial-aircraft maker, issued a bulletin in December advising CRJ-200 operators of an interim fix to prevent power loss to cockpit displays, said Marc Halloran, a company spokesman. "We have assisted and cooperated fully" with authorities investigating the incidents, he said.
FAA spokeswoman Laura Brown said the agency has been aware of the problem and is working on a solution.

Hmm. Nice little article to put up at Aloha's ticket counter?

mdanno808 said:
Planes used by Mesa Air target of fire warning

Star-Bulletin news services
[email protected]

Hah! I'm thinking Star-bulletin doesn't like Mesa starting up in Hawaii. Several hundred of these fly daily in the mainland, but the headline is screaming the "the sky is falling", pointing at a couple of potential planes (max planes 9, tops) that Mesa MIGHT fly in the islands.

This is so transparent it's pretty funny.

Still though, maybe Mesa will quit screwing around and just start flying 737's from the get go. Pretty obvious that's the long term plan anyway.

Man, the payscales at Mesa suck on small airplanes. Imagine what a 737 driver would make. Sheesh.

Island Air will destroy Go! Dash 8 is a whole lot better airplane for the mission, there is the whole Aloha tie in and better schedules.

Fly I proved that a CRJ200 makes a lousy $39 each way airplane.

mdanno808 said:
Man, the payscales at Mesa suck on small airplanes. Imagine what a 737 driver would make. Sheesh.
Lets see....small airplane ..small paycheck...Big airplane ...Big paycheck... as for a proposed pay rate for the 737 was going to be 20% above CRJ 900 CA pay and F/O pay the same as a 50 seater...it was proposed and was laughed at by the pilots and ALPA

Latest resources

Back