GO Jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Palmtree Pilot said:
That jumpseat is mine when I sign for that aircraft. PERIOD. Not the companies.

The only people that I would give an explanation for not letting in the jumpseat, only if inquired about, would be the FAA or a company dispatcher doing their ride along.

PtP

Uh huh.

So you'd deny the jumpseat to YOUR chief pilot if you thought he was a prick?

It's "yours", right? Company has NO SAY in who sits in YOUR jumpseat, right? They aren't allowed to give you ANY guidance to whom you can deny at will. Oh no, not you, you big airline stud captain. You can deny based on race, creed, gender, or sexual preference, because you're on Planet Palmetree Pilot.

Just be sure to tell that denied chief pilot that it's nothing personal, but he won't be in the jumpseat because in your professional opinon, he's a pretensous prick who you didn't want in YOUR jumpseat. Oh wait, you don't have to give an explanation, because you're god of your little tin can.

Methinks you are a right seater who talks big but hasn't been in the big chair yet.

Last edited:
blackbox said:
You gotta be sh!tting me. I hope thats really not the case. I got a buddy at TSA and he is scared because he is hearing rumors that management might come after them for wage concessions due to GJ. I dont know where/who he heard it from, thats just what he told me.

Does GJ pilots have a different ID than TSA?

Yes, it really is the case. There are a growing number of pilots this has happened to. Deadhead home on the last leg and it is NOT positive space. Gotta really watch the lines your bidding for nowdays.

"Hey, thanks for flying for us and making us a lot of money, oh yeah, and good luck getting home!!!"

The ************************* pilot in question was not jumpseating. The captain apparently even told the gate agent to deny boarding to the pilot and the gate agent said they couldn't. The captain kicked the GJ pilot off after boarding. Good luck getting that job back.

FreedomAList said:
Uh huh.

So you'd deny the jumpseat to YOUR chief pilot if you thought he was a prick?

Of course the captain could deny the chief pilot. And of course, such an action would have consequences.

But the debate here isn't about denying someone who is, by definitions in your FOM and JS agreements, permitted to ride.

The debate here is about whether someone from an alter-ego carrier that lacks ANY js agreement with ANYONE and also lacks a 121 cert can ride. Not only should the captain deny the person, but I think the Fed could have a real issue with such a person in the js. Such a person would not be qualified as an ACM.

In your example, the consequences of denying the chief pilot would be rather unpleasant. The consequences of denying a miserable backstabbing Ho Jet pilot would be ... ZERO!

FreedomA your logic is backwards. You are arguing from the perspective that it is the pilots jumpseat to lose. When in actuallity it is the captains to give. Period. He can either choose to offer it or not. You do not have a right to it and the captain does not have to offer you an explanation on why he denied it to you. Allowing a pilot to jumpseat is only a courtesy.

I believe the argument is: "Should the captain be allowed to deny jumpseaters for any reason (to which I UNEQUIVOCALLY agree he can) WITHOUT any consequences (which he obviously can't)." Jumpseat authority is DELEGATED to the captain by the owner of the aircraft (re: the company), however, how he uses that authority is subject to the review by his supervisors.

99.9% of the time, the company couldn't give a rats a$$ what the captain does with the jumpseat, and this leads some pilots to develops a little tin god complex. In this GJs situation, IF TSA has made it clear that merely having a GJ's badge is NOT sufficient reason to deny an otherwise valid jumpseater, the captain had better be a man when he accepts the consequences for his actions (and not go crying home to daddy Dwane).

To reiterate my original argument, which is most effective because it's so ugly:

SCENARIO: After denying a jumpseat to an African-American United pilot, when the jumpseat candidate leaves the cockpit, the captain turns to the fo and says "It'll be a cold day in hell before a "N"-gger sits on my airplane". The United pilot hears this as he leaves. It's your contention that said pilot is merely exercising his COMPANY GIVEN authority to deny access to the COMPANY jumpseat, and should not be held to account?

You think this is a valid defense? ALPA should now defend this racist prick with all their $$$ to let him keep his job and do it again - - after all, in your world, he did nothing wrong, violated no company procedures, just used his unreviewable "best judgement".

Last edited:
Black Water Dog said:
The debate here is about whether someone from an alter-ego carrier that lacks ANY js agreement with ANYONE and also lacks a 121 cert can ride. Not only should the captain deny the person, but I think the Fed could have a real issue with such a person in the js. Such a person would not be qualified as an ACM.

I'll conceed you have a point regarding a valid 121 cert. They will have one soon enough, though.

As far as a "jumpseat agreement", at my carrier all you need is a 121 or 135 badge, and you can ride in the back. Most carriers, I believe, are like that. Even if it's a requirement at TSA, I can GUARANTEE TSA management and GJs can type something up ASAP if they want to.

And I can guarantee you, a TSA pilot will FLIP OUT if a GJs pilot denies THEM the jumpseat, or even looks at them the wrong way, without seeing the irony. Past experience talking :) (F8 denying a Mesa guy notorious for giving F8 guys crap)

Black Water Dog said:
Of course the captain could deny the chief pilot. And of course, such an action would have consequences.

But the debate here isn't about denying someone who is, by definitions in your FOM and JS agreements, permitted to ride.

In your example, the consequences of denying the chief pilot would be rather unpleasant. The consequences of denying a miserable backstabbing Ho Jet pilot would be ... ZERO!

How did this turn into a jumpseat arguement? The pilot in question, despite what they are telling the TSA guys, was a non-rev passenger. Period.

NO GJ PILOT HAS EVER ATTEMPTED TO JUMPSEAT ON ANY CARRIER.

If anyone has even a shred of proof that this has EVER happened, let me know. Again, this is more lies and propaganda spread by the TSA MEC.

Jumpseat agreements are made between Chief Pilots of airlines with approved Air Carrier Certificates. GJ pilots will only jumpseat after that criteria has been met.

Latest resources

Back