• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

GO Jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard their delivery slots were going to SkyWest because they didn't get up to speed fast enough. Anyone know about this?

girlsandbeer said:
So I gotta ask, Ive been in the 135/corp world for a while and I have no idea who Go-Jet is and what they did to make everyone so pissed off at them... what was it?
Quick and dirty version: management wants to outsource TSA's flying to different pilots, rather than deal with the existing union, so they created an "alter-ego" carrier, G0Jets, and are trying to bring it up to speed using Trans State Airline's training department, instructors, etc.

Basically, taking jobs and outsourcing them to cheaper labor (the rumor is that pay rates will be "close to or better" than existing TSA book, but I'm betting the rest of the contract, when taken as a whole, is less expensive than TSA's).

The evil of this, of course, is that there a pilots out there who are ready, willing, and able to undercut the TSA pilots just to get a flying job, KNOWING FULL WELL that they are undercutting another pilot group. About as close to being a scab as you can get without an actual picket line existing. Basically Mesa / Freedom Air all over again.

I'm still not quite understanding why management doesn't barter more with the TSA pilots, but I haven't followed it as closely as I probably should.

I am betting that they will furlough the new guys like me and then offer the oppurtunity to go to work at G0 Jets. Bunch of new crap just come down today and it stinks.
Told the whole new hire class that we where going to be in STL instead of RIC now and advised the CA upgrades to bid STL for a better deal. I'll be surprised if in December I still have a job with Ttrans States. All this today and they want me study tonight?

Remember guys, it is easy to disallow a jumpseater. Technically GJ doesn't exist so obviously they have no jumpseat agreement with ANY airline, TSA included. As far as kicking off a positive space passenger, good luck with that. We did remove one of them from our flight. Luckily when we did it, both crew members were short-timers so we didn't care. If you want to keep your job, I would be very careful before you go down this road. People have been fired for less. Its funny how GJ (aka TSA holdings) will positive space GJ pilots back and forth between home and training but leave TSA crews stranded on the road without a positive space dead head back home from a trip. Nice!!

Last edited:
gobigred said:
Remember guys, it is easy to disallow a jumpseater. Technically GJ doesn't exist so obviously they have no jumpseat agreement with ANY airline, TSA included. As far as kicking off a positive space passenger, good luck with that. We did remove one of them from our flight. Luckily when we did it, both crew members were short-timers so we didn't care. If you want to keep your job, I would be very careful before you go down this road. People have been fired for less. Its funny how GJ (aka TSA holdings) will positive space GJ pilots back and forth between home and training but leave TSA crews stranded on the road without a positive space dead head back home from a trip. Nice!!

Frank Lorenzo Has lifetime benefits on CAL. He has a home in ACK. Of course is only boarded after revenue pax. However I do believe a weight restriction would take care of that problem:D I never got the chance to do it to him as a captain, but when I was an ATR FO I knew Captains that did. An ATR weight restricted.......Imagine that :D

gobigred said:
Its funny how GJ (aka TSA holdings) will positive space GJ pilots back and forth between home and training but leave TSA crews stranded on the road without a positive space dead head back home from a trip. Nice!!

You gotta be sh!tting me. I hope thats really not the case. I got a buddy at TSA and he is scared because he is hearing rumors that management might come after them for wage concessions due to GJ. I dont know where/who he heard it from, thats just what he told me.

Does GJ pilots have a different ID than TSA?

410dude said:
Look at my avatar and see what good union people they really are before you go threatening them.
Oh God... is THAT flamebait if I've ever seen it.

Fact is, they willingly took a job undercutting other pilots who should rightfully have had that flying. Makes them pure sh*t in my book, and a lot of other's... end of story, as there is NO way they will ever redeem themselves from such an action.

Latest resources

Back