GO Jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mckpickle said:
Frank Lorenzo Has lifetime benefits on CAL. He has a home in ACK. Of course is only boarded after revenue pax. However I do believe a weight restriction would take care of that problem:D I never got the chance to do it to him as a captain, but when I was an ATR FO I knew Captains that did. An ATR weight restricted.......Imagine that :D

He's actually made his face seen in public? Wonder if the "hitmen" who were after would like to hear this.

TiredOfTeaching said:
I am betting that they will furlough the new guys like me and then offer the oppurtunity to go to work at G0 Jets. Bunch of new crap just come down today and it stinks.
Told the whole new hire class that we where going to be in STL instead of RIC now and advised the CA upgrades to bid STL for a better deal. I'll be surprised if in December I still have a job with Ttrans States. All this today and they want me study tonight?

Maybe losing the Airways flying? It's all out of RIC. Sorry.

Former WS'er

DX Rick said:
He's actually made his face seen in public? Wonder if the "hitmen" who were after would like to hear this.

He certainly looks like a squirely little basted. Tries to hide behind his newspaper when he sees a pilots uniform. CorkSucker

TiredOfTeaching said:
I'll be surprised if in December I still have a job with Ttrans States. All this today and they want me study tonight?

Trust me Tired ... not having a job at Trans States is a GOOD thing.

Lear70 said:
Quick and dirty version: management wants to outsource TSA's flying to different pilots, rather than deal with the existing union, so they created a NON-ALPA "alter-ego" carrier (NOTE: NOT non-union -- company could care less if pilots are union or not), G0Jets, and are trying to bring it up to speed using Trans State Airline's training department, instructors, etc.

Basically, taking jobs and outsourcing them to cheaper labor (the rumor is that pay rates will be "close to or better" than existing TSA book, but I'm betting the rest of the contract, when taken as a whole, is less expensive than TSA's).

The evil of this, of course, is that there a pilots out there who are ready, willing, and able to undercut the TSA pilots just to get a flying job, KNOWING FULL WELL that they are undercutting another pilot group. About as close to being a scab as you can get without an actual picket line existing. Basically Mesa / Freedom Air all over again.

I'm still not quite understanding why management doesn't barter more with the TSA pilots, but I haven't followed it as closely as I probably should.

All more or less true, BUT YOU FORGOT ONE THING!

ALPA gave TSA the excuse it needed to do this by having competing scope at ANOTHER ALPA CARRIER that prohibited TSA from operating CRJ700's on it. So to fly the planes, TSA had to create an alter-ego (GJs). TSA could care less if the pilots want a union or not (they went with teamsters). Same thing happened at Mesa/Freedom (Usair ALPA wouldn't let Mesa ALPA fly >50 seats for America West).

ALPA f-ing another ALPA group, if you ask me. But at least they can point the finger at a ready made scape-goat, and get away with it because 99.9% pilots just don't give a rats.

Last edited:
FreedomAList said:
All more or less true, BUT YOU FORGOT ONE THING!

ALPA gave TSA the excuse it needed to do this by having competing scope at ANOTHER ALPA CARRIER that prohibited TSA from operating CRJ700's on it. So to fly the planes, TSA had to create an alter-ego (GJs). TSA could care less if the pilots want a union or not (they went with teamsters). Same thing happened at Mesa/Freedom (Usair ALPA wouldn't let Mesa ALPA fly >50 seats for America West).

ALPA f-ing another ALPA group, if you ask me. But at least they can point the finger at a ready made scape-goat, and get away with it because 99.9% pilots just don't give a rats.

American isn't ALPA, they're APA. And yes, GJ has a different ID than TSA.

The word is that a Trans States crew- CA and FO- were fired for denying GJ flight crew from IND to STL. I don't know if GJ was positive space or jumpseating, but either way a crew has now been fired. That is the sorry state we are working in. I guess PIC really isn't PIC at Trans States. I wonder how low SIC is now. While I'm sure they will win the grievance to get their jobs back with full back pay, they will still be gone for quite a while since this company loves to take as long as possible with any and all grievances. I guess it might be for the best to ditch this sinking ship.

I have not heard if they lost their jobs. The rumor that I heard was the GJer was denied boarding becouse of the Nonrev dress code.

You guys need to relax and see what's going to happen at GJ. Maybe everything will turn out alright. You have just seen what will happen to you when you make rash decisions.

Latest resources

Back