GO Jet Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
purduedchi said:
[FONT=&quot]The did not want to have to pay the 10 or 15 year captain when they could hire brand new street captains at 1st year rates...a difference of 20-30 dollars an hour, or roughly 20-30K a year. [/FONT]

I have no idea what they are currently doing as to new hire pay, but within the initial cadre of new hires the Captains were given DOH from their previous carrier and thus earning wages in to the 5+ yr. marks. So your above statement is at least somewhat false...

Someone please tell me why i should have gone to g0jet and taken a pay cut.
I just dont understand. Why would a company invite me and others over , yet only give us 5 years credit and less vacation with less than TSA workrules? Excuse me if i say, I'd have to be committed to an institutions to accept a paycut and work for less than amicable work rules that i've been used to for 6 years. I mean seriously how can i respect someone who wants to work for less thatn what they were making? Do you just wake up one morning saying, " you know , I just feel like giving back to the company." all i can say is WOW.

Other than that i have an issue of the following: You guys all think your equal in pay etc. I'm a betting man , bu tsomething tells me that someone who gives up 15-28 years at TSA is only making 5th year pay. IM going to call BS on that. So you see, TSH has already created inequality amongst it's own pilots. Hmmmmm we'll give so and so 5 years credit while we secretly give SO and SO a different and higher amount.

I really just dont care anymore, if you work there i'd at least have a smidgeon of respect if you could wear you id proudly, but most of you cant. that's so bush league. You may think it's over, but it's not.

but then again children...your big union forgave thousands of scabs that crossed at Continental..not siding with the real scabs...but the gentleman is right no strike, no scab...just a bunch of whining barbie-jet pilots

purduedchi said:
[FONT=&quot] You cannot demand respect in this industry, especially when you are currently lowering the bar for all regionals. [/FONT]

lowering the bar?? you guys keep talking about GJ lowering the bar with low pay rates.. how about the TSA 50 seat rates??? if you really look at it TSA guys have been lowering the bar way before GJ.

purduedchi said:
[FONT=&quot]
Oh...and by the way...whichever one of you pilots had the nerve to grab one of our flight attendants ID in the Training center elevator with 2 of your buddies and then proceed to tell her "Oh, you work for Trans States...We hate you!", real classy move. This is a battle between managment and the pilots...Do not go after an innocent group. Not to mention, 3 bad a$$ pilots trying to intimidate one flight attendant; obviously real men right there. Grow up![/FONT]

i love to read these stories.. well if it is on flightinfo.com it must be true.

come on guys grow up, you guys are getting desperate with your mudslinging.

Golden Falcon said:
but then again children...your big union forgave thousands of scabs that crossed at Continental..not siding with the real scabs...but the gentleman is right no strike, no scab...just a bunch of whining barbie-jet pilots

One of my favorite arguments, by this moron summed up as:

because in the past a few lowlifes have scabbed and managed to stay in their seat and careers well then, anyone should be an alter ego pilot.

You are scum.

Turbosnake03 said:
lowering the bar?? you guys keep talking about GJ lowering the bar with low pay rates.. how about the TSA 50 seat rates??? if you really look at it TSA guys have been lowering the bar way before GJ.

Nice try our 50 seat rates were above industry average for a good portion of the time they were in effect, and we are working on a new contract. Only with the advent of an alter ego carrier, aided by lowlifes like YOU, allowed tsh to whipsaw the TSA pilots.

And we still didn't lower the bar. WE VOTED NO.

You, the alter ego pilots, bear the responsibility for the problems at TSH. You and you alone.

I_Love_Lamp said:
Okay, how about NWA hiring at Pinnacle and furloughing at mainline?

Furlough off the DC9 and hire onto the CRJ.

Where's your defense to that? I'm not a moron, just calling bullcrap whiny entitlement when I see it.

Not similar in the slightest.

All flying that Pinnacle currently does and has ever done was willingly given away by the NWA pilots by making concessions in their scope language over and over again. They had the opportunity to keep the flying, but they decided that they didn't want it.

By contrast, the TSA pilots' contract has always said that all flying must be done by pilots on the TSA seniority list. The intent of the language is very clear. Anyone that accepts a job at HoJets is willfully participating in circumventing the TSA pilots' CBA. No contract language was ever violated or circumvented when Pinnacle started flying NWA routes. The same can not be said in the TSA/HoJet situation.

Latest resources

Back