Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Go Jet Airlines, a reasonable option or a way to the blacklist?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know another airline that got around "the strangle-hold of american airlines" as you put it. They kept their seniority list intact. Look it up.

TSA could have done the same. BUT THEY DIDN"T. What, you think, RAH pilots would have made it all better if they voted NO as well? Management would have started the airlines anyways with or without their help. It's the regionals!!!! Same goes for every other airline management out there if they had to get around scope. Well I guess not Skywest... those guys would give into 737 flying. You're going to argue that the terms weren't right but TSA could have gotten more like GJs have. RAH said yes to a single seniority(because they didn't hate their management) but with $23(same as GJ) for FOs and $69 for 70 seaters(66 for 66 seaters at GJ). It's all relative. So if you look at the big picture does this all really matter? I guess if we don't have each other to bash, how would we go on? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
BRAVO!! Glad to see people with brains on this board still!

Heh, that's right.

Nobody would reply with a rational answer. Truth is, they can't.

This once-proud profession is doomed. I mean, seriously... need you look further than this thread to see that?

By reading this thread, you would think that GoJet pilots shattered the last bastion of high-paying wages, that TSA pilots had great career jobs with TSA, all until GoJet showed up and screwed it all up for them. You would think that these TSA/XJT/Mesaba/Mesa pilots are battling Frank Lorenzo and trying to truly defend this profession.

What you children fail to realize is that you are all fighting over $23/hour job vs. $22/hour job. You own no flying - it is all subcontracted to the rock bottom lowest bidder, and your job exists because your company put in a rock-bottom priced bid that ultimately cost mainline pilots their jobs, all in the interest of big management lining up their pockets with bonuses while you are now flying for government cheese wages.

Oh, and the jumpseat denial thing? Children... settle down. Hasn't anyone taught you that jumpseat wars produce no winners? Hasn't anyone told you about the tremendous negotiating capital spent on getting that privilege for EVERY pilot? I can understand not allowing scabs in the jumpseat. Hell, I carried a scablist too when I was a captain. But... which picket line did GoJet pilots cross? Whose strike did GoJet pilots cause to fail? Remember now... $23/hour vs. $22/hour!

If you are going to engage in being "righteous" about your jumpseat denials, you should immediately notify your mainline "partner" to remove your airline from being on their list because you grossly underbid their flying so you can work for government cheese wages and build that jet time. Let's call spade a spade. No? Don't wanna do that? It's the same damn thing. Frankly, you children should not bring jumpseats into this as it sets a really bad precedent.

Now, for the sakes of entertainment and possibly some education, maybe some passionate soul here can answer these questions for me:

1) If courts really screwed up and made such a lousy ruling with respect to TSA/GJ, why isn't there any effort to appeal and overturn that ruling?

2) If GoJet is such an abortion of an airline that screws union pilots out of work, why is there no ALPA recruitment ban?

3) If a pilot who lost his/her ALPA job with a mainline carrier goes to ALPA National for a legal opinion on whether or not to accept a position with GoJet, what will ALPA National say? Now, let's say that ALPA National says - go for it. Now what?

4) What exactly would you want GoJet pilots to do right now to "make things right in your eyes?" I'd like specific actions. How can they force one list with TSA? I'd really like to know.

Please, I'd like a normal answer, not a teenage drama queen answer.

Blabala, are you done with the desperate lies? Yea bout 10% of all that is true. I can't speak for others but at the end of my 4 day the last thing I want to do is a pilot relations tour around the terminal. You may be one of those guys that will go out of their way to smile at other pilots but not everyone is like you. The van issue is total BS, like the van drivers care about a pathetic little airline's fewd with their holding company, get a fukking clue. And the bag issue, I'm sure you're taking the TSA BS crewlounge story, have you thought about the fact that since some crews put their overnights in the cargo, the ramp agents forget and they put all of the bags into the ramp on accident?? Yes, because the contract workers care about TSA and GJ, assuming they even know the airlines. You're pathetic and by the way, I would look at you straight in the eye in ORD. I'm picturing a pimpled ass faced 25 year old kid. We don't have to feel sorry for anything and most out there know it, don't blame us for your fukkups. Give it up ***********************************.

The mighty rationalization card being played very well by you!!!:rolleyes:

You're calling it BS because you don't want to believe it. I'm sorry, but it does happen. When I was at ACA and Mesa was looking to buy us, van driver's from many hotels would do the same thing. They do know what is going on, well sh!t, they hear us b!tch daily.

Seems to be a lot of those there at GJ (at least it sounds that way over ATC). Why is that? Do they not know any better or what? Not trying to flame, just curious.

5% of the pilot group isn't a lot. Besides, Mesa has a lot of foreign sounding pilots over the ATC, what's your point?

5% of the pilot group isn't a lot. Besides, Mesa has a lot of foreign sounding pilots over the ATC, what's your point?

That answers my question then. Just sounded like there was more than 5%. As I said, I was just asking.

CX I'm out Im not going to GJ no more I found a better place that can work around school a lot better. Sry bro..

CX I'm out Im not going to GJ no more I found a better place that can work around school a lot better. Sry bro..

Finish school, it's for the better. GJ won't be hiring low timers anyways soon, classes are being reserved by pt121 out on the street and will probably be so until next year.

Latest resources

Back