• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

go! going on 5 years and not a peep from anyone

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would hope you are right Dan but aviation never follows a linear path, JO exists specifically because of this fact. I assure you the predator is just going to bide his time and wait for the next "opportunity" in Hawaii. Earthquake, tsunami, terrorist attack, open warfare, ebola outbreak, whatever the rest of the world finds horrifying and parks airplanes will be opportune enough for the dirt bag to make a shot as his revenge against Dunkerly and HAL's employees.

Mark my words.

The thought of revenge is the only thing that keeps this dirtbag alive and breathing. He knows no other way.

I think you both miss the point. The reason most local people don't fly go! has little to do with Aloha any more. That was 5 years ago. Most people don't' fly go because of the aircraft and the schedule. And tourists do not care about a 5 year old debate about who pushed who. That doesn't diminish what happened, but to most travelers, it's not as personal as it is for employees of both carriers.

go! has been steadily losing market share because of the maintenance reliability of the old CRJ's and because the schedule can't compete with HA. Had go! brought new aircraft to Hawaii, it might have been a different story, but after a $55 Million slap from Hawaiian and near liquidation, Mesa is weak and feeble. Some say Mesa is bracing for the loss of another contract. Ornstein's power has been greatly diminished and he works for his creditors now. With only 3 lines of flying, I can't see how go! can continue in a couple of years. Hawaiian seems perfectly happy with that.

I think you both miss the point. The reason most local people don't fly go! has little to do with Aloha any more. That was 5 years ago. Most people don't' fly go because of the aircraft and the schedule. And tourists do not care about a 5 year old debate about who pushed who. That doesn't diminish what happened, but to most travelers, it's not as personal as it is for employees of both carriers.

go! has been steadily losing market share because of the maintenance reliability of the old CRJ's and because the schedule can't compete with HA. Had go! brought new aircraft to Hawaii, it might have been a different story, but after a $55 Million slap from Hawaiian and near liquidation, Mesa is weak and feeble. Some say Mesa is bracing for the loss of another contract. Ornstein's power has been greatly diminished and he works for his creditors now. With only 3 lines of flying, I can't see how go! can continue in a couple of years. Hawaiian seems perfectly happy with that.

Good points and all good reasons for the d-bag to leave Hawaii or even put a gun in his mouth and squeeze the trigger but what is the only reason he has stayed in Hawaii through BK? There is no other reason except he is waiting for his revenge. Whether he will ever get the shot (ah ha pun) or find some other more pathetic way to just drop dead one day is yet to be seen but the arrogance and egos involved by all parties from the beginning until this day just never ceases to amaze me.

i cant believe almost to page 3 and nobody has said it yet...

Vermin.....

Good points and all good reasons for the d-bag to leave Hawaii or even put a gun in his mouth and squeeze the trigger but what is the only reason he has stayed in Hawaii through BK? There is no other reason except he is waiting for his revenge. Whether he will ever get the shot (ah ha pun) or find some other more pathetic way to just drop dead one day is yet to be seen but the arrogance and egos involved by all parties from the beginning until this day just never ceases to amaze me.

JO and the Short Man Clown show.....what to say? A weasel and convicted felon hanging on??? to what?? To Make Hawaii a better place? Spin BS to anyone who will listen? Disgraced by the SEC, disgraced by anyone who understands the Aloha Spirit, Anti-employee, Drove Mesa into BK, A delusional Dimwit who needs just a few people to make him think he is none of the above....No one left to lie to......Good Lord, I despise him and all he "stands" for...Froggy, you are an festering, oozing, syphilitic zoster in the foul, rancid lower colon of Satan himself.....

JO and the Short Man Clown show.....what to say? A weasel and convicted felon hanging on??? to what?? To Make Hawaii a better place? Spin BS to anyone who will listen? Disgraced by the SEC, disgraced by anyone who understands the Aloha Spirit, Anti-employee, Drove Mesa into BK, A delusional Dimwit who needs just a few people to make him think he is none of the above....No one left to lie to......Good Lord, I despise him and all he "stands" for...Froggy, you are an festering, oozing, syphilitic zoster in the foul, rancid lower colon of Satan himself.....

Well I do hope the above assessments are correct but the festering zoster still walks the earth. An unacceptable oversight IMHO. Aloha failed big time by selling off the lawsuit. That should have been the end of Mesa right then and there, three - four years ago. FINISHED. Stupid CEO's epic fail. And now the drunk hasn't been seen outside of Jamaica in the past three years. FAIL FAIL FAIL There is no reason JO shouldn't be in Jail right now, and the rest of Mesa airlines put out of its misery and the sorry employees sent on their way to better lives elsewhere.

I just did some inter-island hopping this last week. I bought ZEDs on Go and HA. I was bound and determined to only use GO as a last resort. As it turned out, I missed two flights back to the mainland because I didn't use go. I just didnt want to give them my money. It was my first time to HI but I know what happened to Aloha and Island Air.

Just my $.02 and its worth exactly what you paid for it.

X

Bless you my son....

I just did some inter-island hopping this last week. I bought ZEDs on Go and HA. I was bound and determined to only use GO as a last resort. As it turned out, I missed two flights back to the mainland because I didn't use go. I just didnt want to give them my money. It was my first time to HI but I know what happened to Aloha and Island Air.

Just my $.02 and its worth exactly what you paid for it.

X

I wish more locals would do the same.

I wish more locals would do the same.

I would not fly on Go! or Mesa for any reason, ever. I don't care if I am at the Kona airport and Hualalai explodes and go! is the only airplane that will get me off the island i'd rather jump in the water and get rescued by a fishing boat.

Fly Hawaiian! or anybody else, just dont fly go!

just my $.02

Heard gO did not renew some HI, paperwork?
Deets?
pBR

Latest resources

Back