go! going on 5 years and not a peep from anyone

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's been very quiet lately.

The reason for the slow down in flying was they were looking for -100 engines and were having trouble finding them. With the direct flights offered to the islands from the mainline buy multiple carriers ( and the economy still in the toilet) I'm sure the inner island market isn't what it used to be. For what it is worth someone in the training department said that Mesa is in the running for 30 more -900's with Airways.

But that and $5 will get you a Starbucks.

It's been very quiet lately.

The reason for the slow down in flying was they were looking for -100 engines and were having trouble finding them. With the direct flights offered to the islands from the mainline buy multiple carriers ( and the economy still in the toilet) I'm sure the inner island market isn't what it used to be. For what it is worth someone in the training department said that Mesa is in the running for 30 more -900's with Airways.

But that and $5 will get you a Starbucks.

That rumor about 30 more 900s is just a negotiating ploy as Mesa is currenlty in contract negotiations with ALPA.

BTW the OAG shows no more caravan flights starting in August. Sounds like Mokulele will be spun back off to Republic or fizzle out. Intresting thing is that that operation actually makes money.

The other rumor is that all of Go! will be coming to an end sometime in the fall.

The other rumor is that all of Go! will be coming to an end sometime in the fall.

That rumor usually comes from someone at Hawaiian every once and a while.

On the other hand, go! is steadily shrinking and is probably at the point where even the savings in lease payments from the bankruptcy won't offset overhead costs.

Plus HA is buying 3 more 717's so I assume the market is growing for them.

Perhaps HA is getting ready to put Go! into check mate.

Could be, but I think Ornstein did it to himself on this one. Plus, go! serves a vital role for HA: it keeps out other competition which is great for HA, because it basically has none. HA will say they aren't afraid of competition and they have a great record, but on the other hand, they really don't have any competition either. In the next five years, that will change.

Latest resources

Back