go! going on 5 years and not a peep from anyone

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Go is alive and kickin in Hawaii.
Go! is like the old relative hanging on in the nursing home for years with everyone wondering when they'll die.

As far as I'm concerned, I hope they continue on life support forever. They are just enough competition that they keep a stronger carrier from entering the interisland market yet little enough competition that they don't really matter to Hawaiian. Perfect!

Chicks in flightsuits. :eek:

Last edited:
Yep. Pretty difficult.

5 destinations. Horrible VMC every day. A little breezy and bumpy in OGG. No speed rules. Local ATC who turns a blind eye.

Not sure what you've heard, but, it's not exactly rocket science in HI.

You have to know to maintain 320 to the marker.

Go! employee moral has never been as low as it is now in HI. Apparently only 2 or 3 pilots went to the "party", one of them being the local Check Airman / #1 CA and sorta obligated...

Check out this email they got out there before the party:
Dear Crew Members,
I hope those of you who are available and do not have to work on June 8th will be able to make it. I know many of you have inquired if you may bring your family member, spouse or plus one. Unfortunately this party is only extended to you as the employee. We do apologize we can’t extend this to your family and friends. This decision was made due to budget restraints. We want to see you there and show you our appreciation for the hard work and effort you put forth into this operation.

Thank you again for your understanding,
#####

It's true that Hawaiian has offered many of the go! FO's interviews (although the pool of qualified & current 121 pilots with an HI address is pretty small).

Actually, the five year anniversary party is tonight, under the banyon tree at the Sheraton - ala moana surfrider hotel, should be a good time. Go is alive and kickin in Hawaii.

go! is down to 3 lines of flying, is that right?

What Jim said. Go carries less than 10% of the inter-island traffic. Hawaiian inter-island yield is way higher than when we competed with AQ and both carriers fought back and forth over who had more than 50%. There is no prejudice against Go pilots who apply to Hawaiian.
Go will never overcome their reputation and local bias against them, I can't see how they could ever be any larger than they are now, too much against them.

Last edited:
Its kinda like the 5th anniversary of the drunken weekend you got herpes from the hot slut, you remember the smoking hot sex, and can't forget the sores that pop up now and again.
PBR

Go will never overcome their reputation and local bias against them, I can't see how they could ever be any larger than they are now, too much against them.

I would hope you are right Dan but aviation never follows a linear path, JO exists specifically because of this fact. I assure you the predator is just going to bide his time and wait for the next "opportunity" in Hawaii. Earthquake, tsunami, terrorist attack, open warfare, ebola outbreak, whatever the rest of the world finds horrifying and parks airplanes will be opportune enough for the dirt bag to make a shot as his revenge against Dunkerly and HAL's employees.

Mark my words.

The thought of revenge is the only thing that keeps this dirtbag alive and breathing. He knows no other way.

Latest resources

Back