• Watchers 16

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GL,

All your posts regarding increased profit sharing due to a decrease in fuel costs are erroneous. Delta loses money with current fuel hedges. Surely you don't just post opinions as facts - do you?

Delta - "Galactically stupid on fuel hedging!"

http://fortune.com/2014/06/02/secret-club-kate-kelly/

"Delta earlier in October, the carrier indicated that it will incur another $350 million in special charges in the third quarter due to a negative impact from fuel hedge settlements."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspe...g-performance/

One-time items for Delta Airlines - Bad fuel hedges costs DAL 1/3 of a billion dollars in the 3rd quarter on 2014.

http://hosted2.ap.org/APDEFAULT/f704...b4225c91e9ea1b

When fuel costs drop, Delta Airlines and United Airlines lose millions!!! AAG does NOT hedge.

Why the f#ck do you care? Delta appears to be very profitable overall. And who cares about their fuel hedges if the ultimate result leads to big profit sharing among the pilots? Most of my buddies at Delta are VERY happy with their profit sharing - and that's what counts.

Another wind-up thread trying to provoke GL. Thanks for wasting our time!

Why the f#ck do you care? Delta appears to be very profitable overall. And who cares about their fuel hedges if the ultimate result leads to big profit sharing among the pilots? Most of my buddies at Delta are VERY happy with their profit sharing - and that's what counts.

Another wind-up thread trying to provoke GL. Thanks for wasting our time!

Negative Kimosabe. GL has repeatedly stated decreased fuel costs increase profit sharing. This is blatantly false! I am simply pointing out that this is false. I realize facts are hard for you Delta boys to swallow, but the fact is, Delta has peaked and prospective pilots need to have all facts. You need thicker skin when someone points out obvious flaws to your bride, errr... Delta.

Negative Kimosabe. GL has repeatedly stated decreased fuel costs increase profit sharing. This is blatantly false! I am simply pointing out that this is false.

I absolutely can't believe I'm defending Glee here, but you do realize that if fuel prices fall enough the savings in reduced fuel expense can actually outweigh the losses from unsuccessful hedge positions therefore increasing profit sharing, correct?

Negative Kimosabe. GL has repeatedly stated decreased fuel costs increase profit sharing. This is blatantly false! I am simply pointing out that this is false.

Hmmm. I wouldn't be so confident in that statement, but you're obviously cocksure. I don't believe DAL has hedged all of their fuel expenses - I forget the percentage basis off hand but recall it was a minority of the total fuel bill. So, it is still possible to have lost money on a hedge and still increases one's profitability through a fuel price decrease as the bulk of your fuel is purchased at spot price.

I absolutely can't believe I'm defending Glee here, but you do realize that if fuel prices fall enough the savings in reduced fuel expense can actually outweigh the losses from unsuccessful hedge positions therefore increasing profit sharing, correct?

This is not true.

One time charges are excluded from our profit sharing formula. In fact, our ps is more correctly called pre-tax income sharing. Looks like we may break 15% of w-2 for this year, which means I'm effectively getting paid 177.67 per hour for 2014, not to mention another 15% to my 401k, no match required. Not sure why you think we've peaked. Our debt is way down and going lower, and our retirements are really just getting started. You AA guys really should look into the profit sharing thing.

Of course you aren't really interested in facts that don't fit your "delta sucks" opinion, so enjoy yourself.

Hmmm. I wouldn't be so confident in that statement, but you're obviously cocksure. I don't believe DAL has hedged all of their fuel expenses - I forget the percentage basis off hand but recall it was a minority of the total fuel bill. So, it is still possible to have lost money on a hedge and still increases one's profitability through a fuel price decrease as the bulk of your fuel is purchased at spot price.

Please define "cocksure" as I can't find it anywhere in any dictionary or in a Google search. Did you make that term up? Oh, I think you did. What other fabrications can you state here on this web board - we are all so anxiously waiting to see what new English words you can come up with. So, loosing $350 million on 3rd quarter fuel hedging is....hmmm... not a significant percentage as you state? So, you don't "think Delta has hedged all of their fuel expenses." Oh, goood lord, you are lost and just another sheeple to be toyed with. Hey bud, I have a bridge to sell you. Are you game?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back