• Start date
  • Watchers 16

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Quit being so hateful and jealous Pave, and you can still apply for lav dumper at UAL or DL. You suck!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Ahh yes, knew it wouldn't take long for Ms Jenny to bring it down to silly comments. See that Heavyload? :rolleyes:

I wish only the best for any new prospective pilot searching for their final destination. I have great mates at United and Delta and the truth is all of the big 3 labor contracts are subpar compared to compensation decades ago. The landscape has changed and I believe the new contracts will get us closer to where we should be. There is obviously more to compensation than just hourly rates. There are just too many details that effect a pilot's quality of life and total pay - they are too numerous to list.

I would like to see a JCBA that contains nothing of the past bankruptcy contracts. Profit sharing was created out of bankruptcies due to low compensation. What would be best, in the long run, is a total contract for APA that exceeds the total of United and Delta. This is not to say simply we are the greatest but to build upon the current foundations and then pass the torch to Delta then United pilots to keep building. If total pay does not have current profit sharing "built in", when times get tough again, and they will, you can kiss the Valentine's Day check good bye. When that happens, and rest assured it will, the other guys will look to the APA contract and will then need to reassess how to negotiate for more.

Will United and Delta negotiate a 16.7% pay increase to "capture" profit sharing compensation? It is unlikely. If you are of the mindset that these profit checks will be sustainable for 10,20,30 years, there would be no need to capture that pay within a pilot contract. I have faith that my union, APA will capture this "profit pay" in our new contract, especially in this brief snapshot in time of high profits so we sustain it when the bad times come yet again. The APA in these final days of building the proposal has an important decision to make - profit check or add it to total compensation. I hope we DO NOT have a separate profit sharing check that can be taken away (and taxed at 42%!) and we have it built in making it very difficult for AAG to take it back down the road. We shall see in the near future what path the APA takes. They know my opinion.

I wish only the best for any new prospective pilot searching for their final destination. I have great mates at United and Delta and the truth is all of the big 3 labor contracts are subpar compared to compensation decades ago. The landscape has changed and I believe the new contracts will get us closer to where we should be. There is obviously more to compensation than just hourly rates. There are just too many details that effect a pilot's quality of life and total pay - they are too numerous to list.

I would like to see a JCBA that contains nothing of the past bankruptcy contracts. Profit sharing was created out of bankruptcies due to low compensation. What would be best, in the long run, is a total contract for APA that exceeds the total of United and Delta. This is not to say simply we are the greatest but to build upon the current foundations and then pass the torch to Delta then United pilots to keep building. If total pay does not have current profit sharing "built in", when times get tough again, and they will, you can kiss the Valentine's Day check good bye. When that happens, and rest assured it will, the other guys will look to the APA contract and will then need to reassess how to negotiate for more.

Will United and Delta negotiate a 16.7% pay increase to "capture" profit sharing compensation? It is unlikely. If you are of the mindset that these profit checks will be sustainable for 10,20,30 years, there would be no need to capture that pay within a pilot contract. I have faith that my union, APA will capture this "profit pay" in our new contract, especially in this brief snapshot in time of high profits so we sustain it when the bad times come yet again. The APA in these final days of building the proposal has an important decision to make - profit check or add it to total compensation. I hope we DO NOT have a separate profit sharing check that can be taken away (and taxed at 42%!) and we have it built in making it very difficult for AAG to take it back down the road. We shall see in the near future what path the APA takes. They know my opinion.

Uhhhhh, Doug just offered you DL plus 5% with no profit sharing. The APA has not taken the deal. The likely scenario (watching how Doug has done NOTHING with regards to pay for the East and West when they didn't play ball) is Doug will just wait until 2016 when your "me too" clause goes into affect, matching DL's. That's great, but still no profit sharing. So, by 2016 you may have DL's rates, but that's it. Parker doesn't want to give you profit sharing, and RA doesn't like it either, but it's in the contract for the pilots and the other employees. But for some reason you think that's bad..... 20% total for this year, and most likely 25% for next if oil stays low. And.....you think that's a bad thing. Btw, DL's contract is up in 2015, and RA hasn't missed an amendable date yet. How about Parker? Ooooops, never mind.... It's called higher base rates PLUS profit sharing.

You saw what RA did with your FA pay negotiations, right? He announced on the day of the vote that the DL FA's would get an extra 4% raise, and your FAs went to Parker and demanded 4% more, and he gave in. Why didn't Parker go higher BEFORE RA announced that? Your FA leader was quoted in an article stating "I think RA is screwing with us." (In a good way for the FAs). That just cost Parker an extra $11 million a year. Your leader doesn't want to give an extra dime, and especially no profit sharing.

Pave, it's not even close. Your arguments are very weak, and profit sharing, on top of high pay rates, are good. And it's tough to negotiate "significantly" higher when DL already is the highest paid legacy, and you guys just went through BK. Hopefully the APA does get a HUGE increase, which would help DL and UAL pilot, but I don't think Doug wants to play along.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Parker now must negotiate and deal with the APA. This is in stark contrast to the last USAPA bafoons and there is not one iota of similarity. I hope we don't have profit sharing and it's built into our pay for the long haul. We have so many short timers here that may cause them to act for their own best interests and just ask to take what they can get now without looking down the road for the young pilots.

I hope the BOD will not send this out to vote as the old guys will not look down the road very far. Either way, it will get very interesting in the near future. Parker is set on world domination and wants this behind us. What's the best way to shut up a pilot group? Throw a bunch of money our way. Will it be enough?

He didn't need the call because he's a US pilot that is now working for the LARGEST MOST PROFITABLE AIRLINE!!!!

Let me fix that for you....

LARGEST DEBT LOAD AIRLINE.....

You are like the Bush economy...taking credit for war time purchases. All you have done is paint a few jets and switch some gates around. Not much else....anybody can be the LARGEST when you combine results without doing much else.

St. Nic, you and pave can let us know how big your weiners are when the economy turns and you are right in the middle of trying to mash your two airlines together.

I wish your airline the best...I really do....very happy being a more profitable little small airline.

Let me fix that for you....

LARGEST DEBT LOAD AIRLINE.....

You are like the Bush economy...taking credit for war time purchases. All you have done is paint a few jets and switch some gates around. Not much else....anybody can be the LARGEST when you combine results without doing much else.

St. Nic, you and pave can let us know how big your weiners are when the economy turns and you are right in the middle of trying to mash your two airlines together.

I wish your airline the best...I really do....very happy being a more profitable little small airline.

We are at the same position in the process of merging in a short 2 years as Delta was 5 1/2 years after merging with Northwest. It is a ginormous benefit to be the last of the big 3 megamergers. Soon we will surpass every Delta metric including employee compensation. This will help Delta employees raise their game and employee compensation. Competition is good for all big 3 employee groups.

Uhhhhh, Doug just offered you DL plus 5% with no profit sharing. The APA has not taken the deal. The likely scenario (watching how Doug has done NOTHING with regards to pay for the East and West when they didn't play ball) is Doug will just wait until 2016 when your "me too" clause goes into affect, matching DL's. That's great, but still no profit sharing. So, by 2016 you may have DL's rates, but that's it. Parker doesn't want to give you profit sharing, and RA doesn't like it either, but it's in the contract for the pilots and the other employees. But for some reason you think that's bad..... 20% total for this year, and most likely 25% for next if oil stays low. And.....you think that's a bad thing. Btw, DL's contract is up in 2015, and RA hasn't missed an amendable date yet. How about Parker? Ooooops, never mind.... It's called higher base rates PLUS profit sharing.

You saw what RA did with your FA pay negotiations, right? He announced on the day of the vote that the DL FA's would get an extra 4% raise, and your FAs went to Parker and demanded 4% more, and he gave in. Why didn't Parker go higher BEFORE RA announced that? Your FA leader was quoted in an article stating "I think RA is screwing with us." (In a good way for the FAs). That just cost Parker an extra $11 million a year. Your leader doesn't want to give an extra dime, and especially no profit sharing.

Pave, it's not even close. Your arguments are very weak, and profit sharing, on top of high pay rates, are good. And it's tough to negotiate "significantly" higher when DL already is the highest paid legacy, and you guys just went through BK. Hopefully the APA does get a HUGE increase, which would help DL and UAL pilot, but I don't think Doug wants to play along.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Actually it was 18 million more in compensation for our FAs with just one phone call from Ms. Glading. It was not, as you have stated, "on the day of the vote". Please do a little more research before posting. Your credibility in stating false "facts" are tiresome. The current proposal from AAG to APA is Delta plus 12% now. I hope APA turns it down - it's not enough. We'll see in the near future where this goes.

We are at the same position in the process of merging in a short 2 years as Delta was 5 1/2 years after merging with Northwest. It is a ginormous benefit to be the last of the big 3 megamergers. Soon we will surpass every Delta metric including employee compensation. This will help Delta employees raise their game and employee compensation. Competition is good for all big 3 employee groups.

Amen my APA brother!!! Well said! Delta is a distant third and ATL is under attck by SWA. They are getting squeezed hard and once we get full senergies we will set the course for the rest of the industry. Can you say parity +1%?!?!?!

Amen my APA brother!!! Well said! Delta is a distant third and ATL is under attck by SWA. They are getting squeezed hard and once we get full senergies we will set the course for the rest of the industry. Can you say parity +1%?!?!?!

Correct again! Very soon, AAG will unleash on Delta's main hub, Atlanta. American is going to start flying from all 10 hubs into Atlanta on a daily basis at a high frequency. Mmmm...it's gonna get good my brotha.

Latest resources

Back