• Start date
  • Watchers 16

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's an anonymous board. Easy for a Skywest dispatcher to pretend he's a Delta pilot, while remaining "anonymous."
When will you people stop feeding this troll. He is getting his information from some flight attendant who he's blowing or from "web news articles."
Stop feeding this loser dispatcher from Skywest, and he'll just keep posting to himself. Much like how he plays!

In my years at Delta, I've never flown with anyone who put down other pilots at other airlines.

This strikes me as a remarkable statement. Your co-stars may not do it in the cockpit, but plenty of them do it on the forums. Especially towards those cowboys over at SWA. :laugh:

It's an anonymous board. Easy for a Skywest dispatcher to pretend he's a Delta pilot, while remaining "anonymous."
When will you people stop feeding this troll. He is getting his information from some flight attendant who he's blowing or from "web news articles."
Stop feeding this loser dispatcher from Skywest, and he'll just keep posting to himself. Much like how he plays!

Oh Scoot, get on your overcoat and lav dump the next Alegiant MD80. And wear your face guard this time you idiot! Nice blue teeth....

Bye Bye---General Lee

This strikes me as a remarkable statement. Your co-stars may not do it in the cockpit, but plenty of them do it on the forums. Especially towards those cowboys over at SWA. :laugh:

Talk about emotional.... Wow....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Genny,

I was looking at some 767 lines for November that credit 70-78 for the month. That would equal around $12-13 grand for the month. Is that the norm for a maxed out widebody FO at Delta?

Genny,

I was looking at some 767 lines for November that credit 70-78 for the month. That would equal around $12-13 grand for the month. Is that the norm for a maxed out widebody FO at Delta?

There are no "lines" to bid. Do you mean "awards?" DL has PBS, so you're trying to bid different trips and add them up to equal a certain number. There is an average line value, but then there is a max, and that is different for every plane, depending on what each fleet needs for that month. Then, you can pick up (White slip) 15 hours above that average line value on the company pick up board. Or, you can swap trips, all the way up to the max (100 hours in 28 days). Many guys bid for a one or two day trip, and swap them for a 3-4 day trip. Pilots on longer trips, like 12 day trips you make fun of, can get 25 hours of credit on those trips (there has to be 30 hour plus layovers built in due to 30 hours off in 7 days), and on those trips the long layovers are often 48 hours, in Honolulu, or Narita, or Amsterdam, etc. Those give you credit time, and you can pick up extra trips if you want due to that credit time not being counted in the 100/28 rule.

So, if you saw "awards", and they were worth 75 hours, and the average line value was 78, then they could pick up an extra 15 hours on the company board, or they can pick up all the way to the max on the pilot to pilot swap board.

Then there are greenslips. Living at a hub allows guys to pick up trips due to delays, mechanicals, sick outs, etc. That's double pay, and some get 21 hours of pay for one leg out and layover, and then one leg back the next day. It could be a turn to JAX from ATL and back, and get paid an extra 21 hours (10:30x2) for less than 2 hours of total flying.

So yeah, your numbers are low for a "maxed out Widebody FO." If they know what they are doing, they make more than reserve Captains. During the Summer, many FOs make 150 hours plus (via greenslips or credit and then pick up) per month. I talked to a 777 FO in ATL that got a 10 day greenslip to Narita and then did Singapore turns. It overlapped between months, had some dead heads, and was worth 60 hours times two ($189 with intl override times 120) plus INTL per diem for 10 days. He seemed happy, and now that is included in his profit sharing and DC fund too. It all adds up.

But of course, you think I'm a dispatcher....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Genny,

I'm near the plug line holder in NYC and on year 5 pay. I have averaged more than what you suggested. If I was maxed out I easily would break $200K this year. As GL corrected you on, we don't bid lines. At Delta you can work as much or as little as you want. Very easy to drop and swap trips and pick up open time. If you want to work part time you can do it. If you want to credit 110 hours a month you can do that too. Things are great at both airlines and no need for all the back and forth bashing.

Last edited:
Yea, I used the word 'lines', but what I saw were awards. So maybe some guys are coasting at 70-75 because they want to. If you wanted more hours I guess you could adjust your PBS input.

Yea, I used the word 'lines', but what I saw were awards. So maybe some guys are coasting at 70-75 because they want to. If you wanted more hours I guess you could adjust your PBS input.

I bid min credit so I can "coast" and maximize my days off to green slip and work open time. This month is 65 hours of block and 93 hours of pay with 16 days off and I still have a week off to score a green slip or another swap board pick up if I want. The awarded lines you are looking at don't reflect the end result for many Delta pilots.

Some of the FOs are really old, especially on that A330. They probably want a 12 day trip, then 30 days off, then another 12 day. That is their pre retirement.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back