• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
phishn@daves said:
Fuel Flow,

"Stay on Target.............Stay on Target."

I love Star Wars. But I've always hated that guy

Earlier this week, I saw that the guy who played that character just passed away. "One with the force, he is." (sorry, always loved Yoda, and yes I am that big a dork)

fuelflow said:
It's higher than Mesa

Alright, the argument is completely over when you have to use that as your defense. Thank you for stopping yourself.

Go_Jets is a joke, its payscales and lack of block or better is a joke. It's hard to say, but G_J actually makes Mesa look like a good place to work.

Can't wait to have one of them ask for a ride. I don't really enjoy disliking other people, but you can't help but think that it's certain things that, if completely gone, would make this industry a better place to work. GJS is tops on that list.

Fuel Flow,
Look at my profile, do you really think I'm an FO? And I said nothing about the hourly rates, all I need to do is have 1 hour (or less) over per trip and I exceed your pay rate. And that is to fly a 50 seat jet! Do you really think Hulas is going to match our pre-concessionary pay rates when we win our greivance? I think not. But thanks for setting the precedent that might make it harder for us (or any other carrier) to negotiate a better scale when that time comes.

And really, CAL? Their FO's only make marginally better money (per hour) than our's do after year 1. To fly an MD-80 or larger.

It's people like you who continue to drag this industry down with your personal selfishness.

Scum.

Sincerely,
Rekks

So how do you propose to change this downward spiral?

It is a simple economic rule of supply and demand. Too many pilots willing to fly for $18,000 a year. If there were a need for pilots the salaries would go up.

So what is your plan? How do you propose to change it?

Rekks Inbound said:
Fuel Flow,
Look at my profile, do you really think I'm an FO? And I said nothing about the hourly rates, all I need to do is have 1 hour (or less) over per trip and I exceed your pay rate. And that is to fly a 50 seat jet! Do you really think Hulas is going to match our pre-concessionary pay rates when we win our greivance? I think not. But thanks for setting the precedent that might make it harder for us (or any other carrier) to negotiate a better scale when that time comes.

And really, CAL? Their FO's only make marginally better money (per hour) than our's do after year 1. To fly an MD-80 or larger.

It's people like you who continue to drag this industry down with your personal selfishness.

Scum.

Sincerely,
Rekks

quite the basic solution elcapitan,

It's two-fold. First, I know its a lot harder to say than do, but put an end to cheaper-than-driving airfares. It's a good indication that if your airline is an initiator of low fares (airspam, jetblue, and SW), then your labor groups need to get their contracts up, reap more of the benefits, and force their companies to charge more. Then all airlines out there will be financially happy. Once that happens, regionals can follow suit by raising their individual bars (Even mesa and TSA), and they CAN raise the bar because the companies they feed for will be able to pay them more.

It's all about the money, and when there isn't much, we start to skimp and buy the cheapest.

Rekks Inbound said:
Fuel Flow,

Scum.

Sincerely,
Rekks

So CAL pilots are the scum of the industry also? Coming from someone who drives an RJ around...nice! I guess you enjoy the big fish, little pond. Nice to be a regional lifer.

roughly the same as Skywest minus their work rules and soft credits.

According to airlinepilotcentral.com, skywest only has one payrate for CRJ pilots. That would be the 50 seat AND the 70 seat jet. This is still not a good comparison since ITS THE SAME!!! At least ASA is willing to pay more to fly the bigger jet, albeit, not much more.

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/content/view/49/17/

As far as Air Wiski? Are you really defending your pay rate that way? I would sure hope your 70 seat pay is more than AWiski's 50 SEAT PAY RATE. Next time take a look at the 146's pay, which is more comparable types of A/C.
Here is the link to that page.
http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/content/view/63/18/

UEJ500,
Good point! And a perfect example of what G*jets 'contract' is doing to us all. The 146 payscale at AWAC is a much closer analogy, and it is LIGHT YEARS better than that other airlines' rates. Yet UAL dropped us for the mountain flying after April(yes, I know, G*jet won't be doing that flying either). But here is the point: instead of 'settling' for an industry substandard wage, we as a whole should at least be trying to maintain a higher 'bar'(I know, an over used term). But by going to that other alter-ego carrier, you have undermined everything that pilot labor groups before you have fought for.

AWAC had the industry leading contract up until October 13, 2003. That was when concessions kicked in. Why? Because we were under the (missrepresented) impression that we needed them to keep our flying for UAL.
Because of pilots who refuse to see the big picture career wise, you have done irrepairable damage to both the Trans States and AWAC pilot groups.

I will throw a party when G*jets reaps what they have sown.

Rekks

flyer172r said:
Earlier this week, I saw that the guy who played that character just passed away. "One with the force, he is." (sorry, always loved Yoda, and yes I am that big a dork)

Yes.....you are.

Latest resources

Back