• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

GJET PAY vs TSA...duh!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rekks Inbound vbmenu_register("postmenu_797586", true); -------when that happens let me be the first in line to buy you your first Jack and Coke at a place near you. We at TSA defenitely appreciate all that AWAC has done to help our effort. It will NOT be forgotten.

fuelflow said:
You must be a First Officer, because the GJ Captain scale is higher than AWAC. Yes, there is no block or better. This is the company's INITIAL OFFER. It's higher than Mesa and roughly the same as Skywest minus their work rules and soft credits. I'm sure that BOB will be negotiated into the contract when all is said and done. And we have already agreed to 11-12 days off per month (persuant to the CBA passage).

As far as being blacklisted - we have had pilots already leave to go to the best airlines hiring now, including CAL. Considering the number of furloughed mainline pilots at GJ, I think it can only help your career prospects.

AWAC has trip and duty rigs so that beats your CA's pay. And does your CBA include an agreement from managment that they will not impliment concessions without a vote from the pilot group?

I just don't get why you guys agreed to lower the standard for the industry.

Unfortunately, the reality of the situation is AWAC lost the flying because they were just too expensive. And they not only lost the flying to one specific airline but skywest, mesa and even transstates because they can fly the routes for less. Just look at the statistics. And now transstates is losing flying to awac because they bought into usair. You can blame everything on one airline but it just doesn't make any sense. It is airline management who is pushing for cheaper and cheaper regionals. Every regional is fighting for that business. You talk about holding the line well which pilot group is going to do that? Even if you push airline management to the limit you will be replaced by another airline. So go ahead and blame everything on one airline but that solves nothing. It is the whole situation you have to look at not just one scenario. You could blame yourselves for taking a concession, you could blame skywest for having one pay scale for the crj, you could blame transstates for signing a two year extension, you could blame mesa for taking a concessionary contract, and you could blame the majors for refusing to purchase regional jets, you could blame the major airline pilots for refusing to fly Rj's and again this solves nothing..........Labor is in a full scale run backwards, and I don't hear anyone proposing any solutions. The only thing I hear is the pilots fighting amongst themselves.

Rekks Inbound said:
UEJ500,
Good point! And a perfect example of what G*jets 'contract' is doing to us all. The 146 payscale at AWAC is a much closer analogy, and it is LIGHT YEARS better than that other airlines' rates. Yet UAL dropped us for the mountain flying after April(yes, I know, G*jet won't be doing that flying either). But here is the point: instead of 'settling' for an industry substandard wage, we as a whole should at least be trying to maintain a higher 'bar'(I know, an over used term). But by going to that other alter-ego carrier, you have undermined everything that pilot labor groups before you have fought for.

AWAC had the industry leading contract up until October 13, 2003. That was when concessions kicked in. Why? Because we were under the (missrepresented) impression that we needed them to keep our flying for UAL.
Because of pilots who refuse to see the big picture career wise, you have done irrepairable damage to both the Trans States and AWAC pilot groups.

I will throw a party when G*jets reaps what they have sown.

Rekks

We haven't agreed to anything yet. Any contract changes will have to be ratified by the pilots, including concessions. Keep in mind that TSA's 2000 contract and their 2003 contract extension (which was used to capture UA flying from ACA) were NOT ratified by the pilot group, but by the MEC.

Look, I understand the position you guys are in. Just realize that the UA flying was going to TSAH whether it is being done by TSA or GJ.And the majority of your flying was given to Skywest and Mesa prior to us flying any of our 10 aircraft.

And I've yet to hide in my aircraft or walk through the terminal with my ID hidden. I'll gladly discuss our issues with anyone and won't make any effort to hide my identity.

fuelflow said:
And I've yet to hide in my aircraft or walk through the terminal with my ID hidden. I'll gladly discuss our issues with anyone and won't make any effort to hide my identity.

Then tell us who you are. You can even send me a PM if you like.

won't make any effort to hide my identity.

I guess that he is the company lawyer, D.H. aka "FatBoy" since his philosophical and rhetorical style so closely matches that of also seen by one former poster on TSALounge known to be him. If he is not DH the he is surely a common bedfellow with him.

tj

"Labor is in a full scale run backwards, and I don't hear anyone proposing any solutions. "

That is PRECISELY why the TSA pilots are fighting this alter-ego BS G j operation.

So WHO are you FUEL FLOW........you will never let us know......coward

fuelflow said:
We haven't agreed to anything yet. Any contract changes will have to be ratified by the pilots, including concessions. Keep in mind that TSA's 2000 contract and their 2003 contract extension (which was used to capture UA flying from ACA) were NOT ratified by the pilot group, but by the MEC.

Look, I understand the position you guys are in. Just realize that the UA flying was going to TSAH whether it is being done by TSA or GJ.And the majority of your flying was given to Skywest and Mesa prior to us flying any of our 10 aircraft.

O.K. How about this idea. You tell managment in your negociations that you want the exact same pay scale and work rules as Trans States and insist there's no reason why you should be paid any less than your counter parts. Can you do that?

panamclipper said:
Unfortunately, the reality of the situation is AWAC lost the flying because they were just too expensive. And they not only lost the flying to one specific airline but skywest, mesa and even transstates because they can fly the routes for less. Just look at the statistics. And now transstates is losing flying to awac because they bought into usair. You can blame everything on one airline but it just doesn't make any sense. It is airline management who is pushing for cheaper and cheaper regionals. Every regional is fighting for that business. You talk about holding the line well which pilot group is going to do that? Even if you push airline management to the limit you will be replaced by another airline. So go ahead and blame everything on one airline but that solves nothing. It is the whole situation you have to look at not just one scenario. You could blame yourselves for taking a concession, you could blame skywest for having one pay scale for the crj, you could blame transstates for signing a two year extension, you could blame mesa for taking a concessionary contract, and you could blame the majors for refusing to purchase regional jets, you could blame the major airline pilots for refusing to fly Rj's and again this solves nothing..........Labor is in a full scale run backwards, and I don't hear anyone proposing any solutions. The only thing I hear is the pilots fighting amongst themselves.

So you're saying we lost the UAL contract because we have good pay and work rules. We're not going to fly for minimum wage. If people continue to sell themselves out then this trend will continue until we all make $7.00 per flight our only and 8 days off per month. Airlines bully express carriers as long as the express carriers let themselves get bullied. We pulled out of United because they tried to bully us into MESA type pay scales so we told them to go fark themselves and found another operation that allowed us to keep the same pay sclaes and work rules as we had with United before we left them. Now see was that so hard. If we could do it anyone can do it. The only ones who don't are the airlines and pilots who want to sell themselves out and lower the standard for everyone else in the industry.

So yes. I do blame GJ's and I do blame MESA. We're experienced pilots. Earn your pay.

tjsatter said:
I guess that he is the company lawyer, D.H. aka "FatBoy" since his philosophical and rhetorical style so closely matches that of also seen by one former poster on TSALounge known to be him. If he is not DH the he is surely a common bedfellow with him.

tj

Hey, TJ it's not "Fatboy" it's "FAT BASTARD" :cartman:

Latest resources

Back