GJET PAY vs TSA...duh!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fuelflow,
Yes, you are right on one point, and that is that we do have the most expensive contract.

But here is how you solve the issue. And this goes for ANY pilot group. Grow a backbone. When your next negotiations come up, the company will put some really low-ball bullsh!t piece of paper in front of you. And here is how you counter: When you stop laughing, then put AWAC's Contract 1999 down in front of them. And tell them that under no uncertain terms will you as a group accept anything less. They'll threaten that they can't afford it(don't worry, they CAN afford it, they just don't want to), and that other carriers will steal all of your flying. I know that some of your low-timer SJS types will buy into that but be strong, and hold your ground. We did, and they did sign.

That is how you bring this industry back up.

Not what you guys at GJ are doing.

Scum.

Sincerely,
Rekks

tjsatter said:
I guess that he is the company lawyer, D.H. aka "FatBoy" since his philosophical and rhetorical style so closely matches that of also seen by one former poster on TSALounge known to be him. If he is not DH the he is surely a common bedfellow with him.

tj

there are basically a few g0jet scumbags who post on here, and a few morons who want to stir the pot; otherwise overwhelmingly this board reflects the rest of the industry's distaste of dirtbag jet. King Kong 2 is one of the morons that went over; Dan is panicking. Fuelflow, I have to disagree, TJ, is not Fat Bastard. The rhetorical style is MUCH different. His first name is probably Dave though, but not Dave H, but Dave T. Trying to sound moderate and thoughtful but saying idiotic, contradictory things, like " I don't care who does the flying, I just want it done at a fair payscale".
This from a guy who is quoted in the newspaper as saying that Alpa is driving down G0jet wages!!The whole world knows that g0jet was created to drive down the wages and work rules at tsa. Just like the his buddy fat bastard, Dave T will tell you black is white and white is black. Dave, you are just as screwed as your buddy Dan K, and this why nobody wanted you to be MEC chairman. Since you couldn't become MEC chairmen you decided to become a flight manager; then that wasn't enough, so you decided to screw your fellow pilots over and become one of the first four pilots at G0jet. You are an idiot, a hypocrite, and a liar. I don't think you want to show your face in a bar in STL.

Nice tj and redbook -

Nice try on both counts. If anyone disagrees with your status quo they MUST be management. And don't make any industry assumptions, as most pilots don't wish to partake in your civil war. DK doesn't even work at GJ anymore. I don't speak for GJ, the IBT, King Kong or anyone else posting here. If you have problems with any of my posts, address them specifically.

fuelflow said:
Nice tj and redbook -

Nice try on both counts. If anyone disagrees with your status quo they MUST be management. And don't make any industry assumptions, as most pilots don't wish to partake in your civil war. DK doesn't even work at GJ anymore. I don't speak for GJ, the IBT, King Kong or anyone else posting here. If you have problems with any of my posts, address them specifically.

Fine spermflow, answer this one question and DON'T DODGE IT. How can you justify flying a 70 seater for a dollar more an hour than TSA and AWAC 50 SEAT PAY and deny that you are dragging down the whole industry? Your a cancer on 3 levels.

You've taken money out of my pocket, ditto any pilot at Trans States airlines who is a fairly senior FO waiting for their RIGHTFUL time to upgrade, and you've taken money out of the pocket of every regional airline pilot who will be negotiating a contract in the next decade by bringing down the industry average for everyone.

fuelflow said:
And don't make any industry assumptions, as most pilots don't wish to partake in your civil war.

I wouldn't make comments like that either except if it makes you feel better. It appears that more pilots do support TSA and have a certain disdain for G0Jets. But hey, it's okay though. It's all about that quick upgrade even if you have to crawl over your buddy's paycheck to do it. I don't care for it but I don't hate any of you guys either. There are always circumstances that I don't see, but I still can't excuse it either.

Heres what should worry you though. If the company had offered a staple and no furlough protection, they probably could have gotten that four year or even a five year extention. There are some fairly upset folks that will hose themselves just to hose you guys worse. That would be my biggest concern right now. And if you really think the company wouldn't do it because they promised.... It wouldn't be the first any company has renigged on a promise to workers to better their position economically.

logolight said:
O.K. How about this idea. You tell managment in your negociations that you want the exact same pay scale and work rules as Trans States and insist there's no reason why you should be paid any less than your counter parts. Can you do that?

fuelflow, I'm still waiting for you to answer my above question. Can you tell your managment that you will work for no less than your counter parts at Trans States?

fuelflow said:
Nice tj and redbook -

We have been over this a thousand times in the last year with you. We make a point about tsa having a normal growth opportunity, and then it being yanked away and staffed with turncoats and opportunist scumbags like yourself; you respond with attacking the mec, alpa national, eagle pilots, twa vs amr, chq vs cmr, and any other issue in aviation. Our points are clear; the industry knows who is who. You are the enemy of every professional pilot trying to make a career in this industry. Keep it up, we will be here to engage you for as long as it takes.

Absolutely. My feeling is that GJ will accept no less, if not more. Our committee said the company already offered us the proposal given to the TSA pilots (plus our scheduling enhancements), and was rejected out of hand.

I don't see us keeping TSA's 1% matching and $400+ med/dental plan, to name a few. Considering the number of furloughed mainline and retired military pilots here, I doubt anyone will have trouble walking away from this job if we don't get what we want. We have the leverage to negotiate, and are not hampered by the APA scope and a compromised MEC.

So, to answer your question Rekks, the answer is yes. And I think our pilots and our union think likewise.

Absolutely. My feeling is that GJ will accept no less, if not more. Our committee said the company already offered us the proposal given to the TSA pilots (plus our scheduling enhancements), and was rejected out of hand.

I don't see us keeping TSA's 1% matching and $400+ med/dental plan, to name a few. Considering the number of furloughed mainline and retired military pilots here, I doubt anyone will have trouble walking away from this job if we don't get what we want. We have the leverage to negotiate, and are not hampered by the APA scope and a compromised MEC.

So, to answer your question Rekks, the answer is yes. And I think our pilots and our union think likewise.

Latest resources

Back