• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

GJET PAY vs TSA...duh!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you talk of this one pilot going to CAL is if he was able to get there because of GJ......Part of his furlough alllowed for him to receive a garunteed interview at Southwest and CAL.
BINGO!

Thanks purduechi

T-MAC.

G0jet is a cancer for which there is no cure, only temporary remission with the possibility of rearing its ugly head again- in the future --with another pilot group and another airline to eventually kill in the longrun.

If you guys were worth a schit- you touched on the subject that you guys have the upper hand when negotiating with TSAH, so why dont you use that to your advantage and get an extra 600 pilots and alpa behind you and come together as opposed to divide the labor? All it takes is a few phone calls and we could set it all up thereby throwing a tremendous, unhittable, curve ball to TSAH. They would have to listen and listen quickly-- Both groups could inevitably get what they were wanting. They would never see that coming. If you dont think a deal is imminent, then you are a complete moron and yes you will still be junior to me.

SKIPPY, the OG since 1998
real men post with names

A quick reply to several posts -

JK - The TSA MEC has repeatedly misrepresented their legal position to their pilots, has no scope protection, and a contract extension which puts the threat of section 6 negotiations too late.

purdue - Regardless how he got the interview, he still passed an interview board with GJ on his resume and application. They still hired him, didn't care about the GJ issue. This will continue to happen. Until you understand how most majors hire pilots, I'm sure you can believe your union's rhetoric. AND fyi, he had less than 1 week of GS remaining, and he left for no other reason than to go to CAL. Other pilots have left for other carriers as well, and will continue to do so. There are actually more former mainline and military pilots (as a %) at GJ than any other regional, so I doubt anyone's career prospects will suffer.

Skippy - I thought the guys at GJ from TSA tried that early on

Last edited:
Skippy -

that is actually a very intelligent post the more I read it. But I doubt "skippy" is your real name.

I still have yet to hear FF answer to why it is ok to compare scabjets 70 seat pay to AWACs 50 seat and be sooo proud that it is $1 better. (on paper a dollar better, but at the end of the day block or better prevails and AWAC 50 seaters make more than GJ 70 seaters!)???

StarChk20 said:
I still have yet to hear FF answer to why it is ok to compare scabjets 70 seat pay to AWACs 50 seat and be sooo proud that it is $1 better. (on paper a dollar better, but at the end of the day block or better prevails and AWAC 50 seaters make more than GJ 70 seaters!)???

Spermflow???.............you there????

I think we should all get together and have a poker game and make sure spermflow is invited. Anyone else notice that he is fighting EVERYONE else on this board?

FuelFlow, i dont know who you are, but if you're EO, we had lunch back in feburary with POrter-- you drove an old yellow SUV.
I dont have to use my real name, because im the One and only Skippy -- same as on the lounge--- and not to be cocky, but everyone knows who i am.
I appreciate the fact that you thought the post was intelligent, but i dont know if what you say happened- it being tried in the beginning- but im sure it can be tried now--- im sure life isnt all that great there right now, but why not get meetings together and see what can come of them? Personally, i know i can make things like that happen in just 2 phone calls-- really.

I have gotten past being pissed off and really would like an amicable fiinish to the insanity-- im sick of pilots getting in trouble for doing stupid schit, im sick of all the freakin rumors that I have to disprove, I'm sick of all the animosity and anger. Now dont get me wrong, im disappointed in the direction in which we're both headed and would like nothing more than to shove it up mgmt's A$$, becuase they would never see it playing out like that. Do you realize that since you guys arent union right know you can technically just stop working and basically strike-- the railway labor act doesnt apply to until you have an official union. You guys can get what you want and we can get what we want, and TSAH and ALPA national is stuck with their diks in their hand--

I dont know who runs things over there( who is the "dario/MEC equivalent?), but you can pm me on the lounge and maybe we can get something going or put me in touch we the head honcho.

Let me know,
SKIPPY

fuelflow said:
A quick reply to several posts -

JK - The TSA MEC has repeatedly misrepresented their legal position to their pilots, has no scope protection, and a contract extension which puts the threat of section 6 negotiations too late.

How have we "repeatedly misrepresented our legal position to our pilots"? The current scope language was negotiated by the previous MEC, and our contract extension is the sole reason we have 25+ jets flying for United Express.

I think we have done a pretty good job.

Jason Kagan said:
How have we "repeatedly misrepresented our legal position to our pilots"? The current scope language was negotiated by the previous MEC, and our contract extension is the sole reason we have 25+ jets flying for United Express.

I think we have done a pretty good job.

Agreed, thanks for all your hard work, Captain Kagan. Hope to see you back on line soon.

Latest resources

Back