Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rekks Inbound said:
Fuelflow,
Yes, you are right on one point, and that is that we do have the most expensive contract.

But here is how you solve the issue. And this goes for ANY pilot group. Grow a backbone. When your next negotiations come up, the company will put some really low-ball bullsh!t piece of paper in front of you. And here is how you counter: When you stop laughing, then put AWAC's Contract 1999 down in front of them. And tell them that under no uncertain terms will you as a group accept anything less. They'll threaten that they can't afford it(don't worry, they CAN afford it, they just don't want to), and that other carriers will steal all of your flying. I know that some of your low-timer SJS types will buy into that but be strong, and hold your ground. We did, and they did sign.

That is how you bring this industry back up.

Not what you guys at GJ are doing.

Scum.

Sincerely,
Rekks

I heard what happened at negotiating time with AWAC......the MEC walks into the room.....MGT has a copy of the MESA contract sitting on the table........AWAC MEC chairman picks up the contract pauses...then chucks it into the can and the whole MEC walks out.............CLASSIC

THAT'S HOW YOU ROLL

Or just ignore the question all together, spermflow. Thats a new tactic. No more spouting off about how you're justified going to gayjets because of all the other problems in the industry. Whats one more little ole alter ego airline gonna hurt?

elcapitan said:
It is a simple economic rule of supply and demand. Too many pilots willing to fly for $18,000 a year. If there were a need for pilots the salaries would go up.

I will have to disagree with you on that one. Regionals have been short pilots this year and last. But instead of raising pay to attract better/experienced/qualified pilots, they just lowered their mins to 600. I.E. Expressjet, ASA, etc..

Fuel Flow,

you talk of this one pilot going to CAL is if he was able to get there because os GJ. That individual ran my old crashpad in STL. He was at ATA and was furloughed. Part of his furlough alllowed for him to receive a garunteed interview at Southwest and CAL. This was due to WN basically buying out/codesharing with ATA, and CAL buying 757's from ATA. This individual was in class for about a week I believe. He is a great guy...and while I don't agree with his decision, he walked out of GJ, and may have walked out anyway beacuse they were making them come to class 7 days a week, 10 hours a day. So please...once again...include all the facts, not just spinning it to fit your bill.

I'm still waiting for the schmuck to actually answer the question posed to him.

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE TO BE EMPLOYED AT HOJETS?

He still does not know. Probably at the Hojets training center finding is other 4 friends to come up with an answer.........

Latest resources

Back