• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

GIV vs. Falcon 900B

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is AARP membership required to attend GV school or does it just seem that way everytime I'm at FSI ILG?

Is AARP membership required to attend GV school or does it just seem that way everytime I'm at FSI ILG?

No, but having a rod up your ass seems to be de rigeur... ;) TC

I have great news for you .... NO MORE ILG ... GAWD did I hate that place!

Any flight school that has instructors by the name of Dick Washer and Dick Shaffer (say it fast) is a place that I prefer to avoid. ;)

Every time I would see Dick Washer on the 1st day of recurrent he would come up to me a say: "Hi, my name is Dick Washer," and stare at me to see if I would start to crack up. It was might difficult (notice how I did not say hard) to keep a straight face.

He was an excellent instructor, however. I will give the man his due.

Any flight school that has instructors by the name of Dick Washer and Dick Shaffer (say it fast) is a place that I prefer to avoid. ;)

Every time I would see Dick Washer on the 1st day of recurrent he would come up to me a say: "Hi, my name is Dick Washer," and stare at me to see if I would start to crack up. It was might difficult (notice how I did not say hard) to keep a straight face.

He was an excellent instructor, however. I will give the man his due.

I have had dick for a few classes, nice guy and good instructor!

but that name!!! what in the world were his folks thinking!

In general I think the instruction at ILG is pretty good.

Oh very funny, G100. Didn't you hear FSI is moving the FA50 sim from TEB to ILG?:bawling:

As for Dick Washer... The guy is a great instructor, but why not go by Richard, Rick, Ricardo, Inglebert... ANYTHING but Dick?:confused:

Oh very funny, G100. Didn't you hear FSI is moving the FA50 sim from TEB to ILG?:bawling:

As for Dick Washer... The guy is a great instructor, but why not go by Richard, Rick, Ricardo, Inglebert... ANYTHING but Dick?:confused:

Yea, I would go by my middle name! I really think he says it for affect or is just plain ignorant to modern slang.

I thought that they had a 50 sim in Dallas. Sure beats the balmy Delaware winters,

BBQ in SAV is pretty damn good! Try Sweet Leaf BBQ on Abercorn St.

It is a tough call which is better. I have flown GIV SP, the 900B and the 900EX. First off though, take the 900B out of the loop. If your boss is willing to spend the $$$ on a GIV make the decision between the EX and GIV.
The 900B is OLD technology(would love to have a fuel totalizer). The Falcon burns less fuel, flys slower app speeds and has 3 engines...oh, and hand flies better. The GIV is built like a brick, climbs to the 40's with a buttload of gas and the manuals are written in English by people who speak the English! But...WTF with having to turn on the stby hydro pump when setting the emer brake? i mean, i can understand having to do that in the GII but the GIV? come on. Oh yea....and you can drop a wing in the GIV in a crosswind where you would bang a wing in the Falcon. So...my personal fave is probably....hmm...toss up.
Good luck, both are top of the food chain. It really comes down to money and time off :)

First off though, take the 900B out of the loop. If your boss is willing to spend the $$$ on a GIV make the decision between the EX and GIV.
The 900B is OLD technology...:)

The G-IV is old technology, too.

The Gulfstream IV was introduced in 1985 and the Gulfstream IV-SP was introduced in 1993. It was the world’s best-selling, large-cabin business jet aircraft. It and it's derivatives enjoy an impressive record for technical performance, comfort, safety and reliability. There are 535 GIV/GIV-SP/G300/G400 aircraft in worldwide service. To date, the GIV/GIV-SP fleet has accumulated more than two million hours of flight time and boasts an impressive dispatch reliability rate of over 99.8 percent. The GIV and GIV-SP hold over 70 world and national records. On December 3, 2002, Gulfstream rolled out its 500th GIV aircraft officially ending the GIV-series.

A better comparison would be between the Falcon 900EX and a Gulfstream currently in production such as the G450.

Gulfstream G450 / Dassault Falcon 900EX

Cabin lenght: 40'4" / 33'2"

Height: 6'2" / 6'2"

Width: 7'4" / 7'8"

Cabin volume: 1,525 cu. ft. / 1,267 cu. ft.

Max Takeoff wt: 73,900 lb. / 49,000 lb.

Max Landing wt: 66,000 lb. / 44,000 lb.

Maximum Payload: 6,000 lb. / 4,615 lb

Engines: 2 RollsRoyce Tay Mark 611-8C / 3 Honeywell TFE 731-60 Carbon Seal Specials

Thrust (ea.): 13,850 lbs. / 5,000 lbs.

TBO: 12,000 hours / 6,000 hours

Normal Cruise: M 0.80 / M 0.80

Long Range Cruise: M 0.77 / M 0.77

Max Cruise: M 0.88 / M 0.84/M 0.87

Range @ Normal Cruise (8 pax): 4,350 nm. / 4,125 nm

Range @ LRC (8 pax): 4,450 nm. / 4,263 nm.

Takeoff Dist. (SL, MGTOW, ISA): 5,450 ft. / 5,370 ft.

Landing Dist. (SL, MLW, ISA): 3,260 / 3,670 ft.

Initial Altitude: FL410 / FL390

Direct Cost per Hour: $2,303 / $2,056

Price (millions): $34.17 / $36.15

GV

Latest resources

Back