GIV vs. Falcon 900B

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

falconpilot

Ok.. Lets here it.. Pros and Cons... I need to know some numbers as far as runway performance and range. Total operating cost for the GIV and fuel burns for the GIV. We are thinking of upgrading to either to a 900B or C, but the 900 market is pretty high right now.. Theres alot of GIVs out there so there prices are better. Just wondering how the GIV compares to the 900. Ive flown the 900 but never the GIV, so I know enough about the 900, I just need some Gulfstream info..

Last edited:
Ok.. Lets here it.. Pros and Cons... I need to know some numbers as far as runway performance and range. Total operating cost for the GIV and fuel burns for the GIV. We are thinking of upgrading to either to a 900B or C, but the 900 market is pretty high right now.. Theres alot of GIVs out there so there prices are better. Just wondering how the GIV compares to the 900. Ive flown the 900 but never the GIV, so I know enough about the 900, I just need some Gulfstream info..

I can help out a little with the market information, but it looks like you already have a pretty good idea of whats going on.

You are correct that there are more G-IVs available (29 G-IVs to 10 900Bs), but another thing to look at is the YTD sales and the annual sales over the past couple of years. The G-IV has averaged between 38 to 40 sales a year since 2002, but this year the market has really plummeted. So far this year there have only been 9 sales this year, and only 3 more are projected to sell this year. On the other hand, the Falcon 900B market has averaged about 24 annual sales. Already this year 24 900Bs have been sold (one of which we sold :D) and there are 8 more projected to sell this year.

I think they are all selling their 900s to buy G4s. What would be an average mission for you? You will not beat Gulfstreams customer service, even if it is a used G4. Hands down, the best service, but then again in 6 years, we had very few problems with our G4, magnificant airplane. It burns a lot of Jet A, but you have mission flexability that few planes can match. Built like a brick, easy to fly, many parts carried over from the G1, they got it right early on. just my 2 cents

Neither - you need a Legacy 600.

I know of one or two 900B's which may be available in the next few months or so. As far as I know niether of them are publicly listed as of now. Let me know if you want more info and I'll see what I can dig up.

Before you buy, talk with people who operate and especially maintain both. You will love the G4. Long legs, nice handling, very excellent support worldwide. The engines are horses. Start 'em up and go. Parts are readily available worldwide, which, in my experience, is not always the case with Falcon.

Get one with MSP on the APU and on the avionics. Both packages are well with the cost. Especially in peace of mind.

How tall are you? TC

I know that the G customer service is great... But heres what I need...
Max range on GIV
Runway numbers for MGTOW
Flight planning Fuel Burns
Direct Op cost
etc...

Latest resources

Back