• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Getting fired for not wearing a hat?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
speaking of which what is the correct answer in the interview " you see a fellow pilot not wearing his hat.." ?
"I will take mine off as well so as to not make him feel alone. Dignity and respect and all that."

Last edited:
I've had issues with other pilots not wearing the hat at work and prefer to talk to the individual on the side without anyone looking. If they get an attitude or tell me they don't have to wear it then the situation will be elevated to the chief pilot level.
IT IS ALL OF OUR JOBS TO MONITOR OUR FELLOW CREW MEMBERS COMPLIANCE WITH UNIFORM STANDARDS.

i've had issues with other pilots not wearing the hat at work and prefer to talk to the individual on the side without anyone looking. If they get an attitude or tell me they don't have to wear it then the situation will be elevated to the chief pilot level.
It is all of our jobs to monitor our fellow crew members compliance with uniform standards.
it's apparently a job you've taken on yourself in order to impress your management handlers.

Last edited:
it's apparently a job you've taken on yourself in order to impress your management handlers.

Everyone of us is a leader in the terminal. The public look at us for leadership. Take some pride in yourself.

Last edited:
Everyone of us is a leader in the terminal. The public look at us for leadership. Take some pride in yourself.
I'll give it a shot next time the traveling public, from first class customer to children, see me in uniform with my hands raised above my head as I either get shot by radiation or am aggressively patted down until they've "met resistance" in my groin.

I'm sure their logic, as yours, will be along the lines of "I have so much respect for this pilot because, although he has allowed himself to be humiliated in public, he stills has my respect--because he wears a hat."

I've had issues with other pilots not wearing the hat at work and prefer to talk to the individual on the side without anyone looking. If they get an attitude or tell me they don't have to wear it then the situation will be elevated to the chief pilot level.
IT IS ALL OF OUR JOBS TO MONITOR OUR FELLOW CREW MEMBERS COMPLIANCE WITH UNIFORM STANDARDS.

Please don't ever leave this website. I get a kick out of some of the things you write.

Few pilots get fired for a single event that doesn't involve bent metal or spilled blood. If he had been previously warned and even given time off, it sounds like he was sacked for insubordination. I'd bet there's even more to it...

You hit the nail on the head.

This was a classic response. Thank you.

really? somehow I have a feeling that isn't how it would really go down

Latest resources

Back