• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Getting fired for not wearing a hat?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I highly doubt anyone would be fired for not wearing a hat....probably several other things as well. However I would guess that he was on probation? If someone is a real tool and you wait till he is off probation now you are stuck with him. Im sure there is more to the story.

Pilot was walking down the concourse without his hat. 3rd Assistant Supernumary Deputy Chief Pilot walks up and asks him "where is your hat?"

Pilot replies "Its in my bag...it's too small to wear"

Chief asks "Why don't you get a bigger hat?"

Pilot replies "Then it wouldn't fit in my bag!"

Nu

I've had issues with other pilots not wearing the hat at work and prefer to talk to the individual on the side without anyone looking. If they get an attitude or tell me they don't have to wear it then the situation will be elevated to the chief pilot level.
IT IS ALL OF OUR JOBS TO MONITOR OUR FELLOW CREW MEMBERS COMPLIANCE WITH UNIFORM STANDARDS.

Is this a joke?

Remember there's three sides to a coin. He said, he said and this thin truth around the middle.

Unless you are a CP... mind your own business.

Dang it, stop quoting I.D.

There's a reason he's on the ignore list.....

I've had issues with other pilots not wearing the hat at work and prefer to talk to the individual on the side without anyone looking. If they get an attitude or tell me they don't have to wear it then the situation will be elevated to the chief pilot level.
IT IS ALL OF OUR JOBS TO MONITOR OUR FELLOW CREW MEMBERS COMPLIANCE WITH UNIFORM STANDARDS.

:laugh::laugh:

speaking of which what is the correct answer in the interview " you see a fellow pilot not wearing his hat.." ?

That's easy.

First, pull said pilot aside and ask him to call in sick.
Second, counsel the pilot about his hat non-wearing problem.
If that doesn't work, talk to Pro Stans.
If all else fails, file an ASAP report.

:beer:

I heard Gen Lee got fired from Arby's for not wearing his hat!

You must get kicked in the privates very often by fellow pilots. That seems like the only logical outcome of what could happen to someone like yourself.

Pilot was walking down the concourse without his hat. 3rd Assistant Supernumary Deputy Chief Pilot walks up and asks him "where is your hat?"

Pilot replies "Its in my bag...it's too small to wear"

Chief asks "Why don't you get a bigger hat?"

Pilot replies "Then it wouldn't fit in my bag!"

Nu

Hahaa, I remember hearing about that exchange from J.K. (the CP who supposedly flew the line in a polo and Khakis).

Latest resources

Back