Getting fired for not wearing a hat?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is this a joke?

Check all of Instructor Dude's previous posts. He is a professional flame baiter.....and a great one at that.

Instructor Dude, keep up the great work! You're quite funny.....especially when people take you seriously!

I really don't like the hat either. Think it looks goofy, it's bulky and uncomfortable, and when I take it off to eat, I get goofy hat hair. Not to mention, it's easy to lose.

That said, it recently started being heavily enforced at my company after Colgan flipped one over in Buffalo (company thinks hats will prevent similar accidents). Now I just wear it all the time because I don't ever need to have a CP ask me "where's your hat." Don't want to deal with it. Better to just wear the damn thing because it's better than getting on someone's "list" for something that trivial.

And to lose a dreamshot like Hawaiian over it? Gimme a break.

Last edited:
There's a story that I heard about one of our F/O's that walked up to Bryan Bedford in the terminal to give him a piece of his mind. Just about the time he was opening his mouth, BB asked him where his hat was. The F/O stormed away to the crew room to get it from his bag and when he returned, BB was gone. Gotta hand it to the guy for trying. Haha! I guess the moral of the story is, if you're going to yell at the boss, wear your hat.

Remember there's three sides to a coin. He said, he said and this thin truth around the middle.

Unless you are a CP... mind your own business.

Dang it, stop quoting I.D.

There's a reason he's on the ignore list.....

I agree with everything but your comments on I.d. He is correct about us being leaders in the concourse. Someone asked me where baggage claim was awhile ago and stepped up to the leadership role and told them. Heck, with your uniforms I know you get mistaken for TSA all the time and in the American terminal at JFK you look like the baggage people. People must ask you questions all the time! "Where are my bags?" and "Where is the airplane at and why is it late?" Tons of leadership opportunities!

Latest resources

Back