• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Get ASA/XJT Combined Seniority List

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree. Let's grow internally without XJT. They want too much. Let's grow on our own.

If you freaking clowns had a clue you'd have gotten scope protection and stopped the whipsaw by combining your list with skywests student council. Theres a reason why xjt has the best contract in the industry. Your failure to obtain a better one will end up being our burden.

Agreed. We should just call off the purchase, and buy the aircraft from the lien holder in a year or so, and we can hire you all as new hires.

Sound good?

In 2014 you'll have your chance. Until then XJT has the CPA with CAL/United, not you. So go furlough some more while Skywest hires.

I agree. Let's grow internally without XJT. They want too much. Let's grow on our own.

I agree with you. You need to stop this merger and go it alone. I'm getting tired of your entitlement attitude and think it would be best if we went our own way.

You can fight it out alone and so will we.

Its too bad your ceo is more interested in us and the value we bring to his shareholders and rather violate our contract in order for him to continue his whipsaw game.

Explaining "relative seniority" to you clowns is like trying to explain indicated airspeed to a private pilot groundschool.

Explaining "relative seniority" to you clowns is like trying to explain indicated airspeed to a private pilot groundschool.

Classic!!

If you freaking clowns had a clue you'd have gotten scope protection and stopped the whipsaw by combining your list with skywests student council. Theres a reason why xjt has the best contract in the industry. Your failure to obtain a better one will end up being our burden.

Comair once had the best contract in the industry too. Hmmm.

Well, at least neither pilot group as represented on this message board can claim the class-act high ground.

My stance is that the aquisition would be a good thing for all three pilot groups, the Express contract should not be circumnavigated, but an ASA/Express merger is better than completely killing the deal. Unfortunately, any willingness to bend on the three-way will be exploited. It is enforceable only if the Express pilots are willing to kill the deal over it and live with the ramifications, be they good or bad.

So that's the choice the Express pilots must make. No matter which one is made, the ASA pilots should offer support, for there's not much else we can do anyway. It's the Express contract which we are being used to circumnavigate and it is the Express pilot's decision to make, as to what to do about it.

To make a bunch of noise about whom is aquiring whom and whose contract is better and who has taken what concessions and blah blah blah; all that just makes us at ASA sound like a bunch of opportunistic idiots.

How would the pilots at ASA feel if it was the scope clause of our contract was being circumnavigated?

And to the pilots of Express on this board I would say, get over yourselves a bit. Give this deal serious consideration-three way and two way. Skywest is a good place to be. There has been some whipsaw, but I don't want to think about where we would be without Skywest, aka Comair?

Jerry is known as a shrewed businessmen and I believe the rep is well and proudly earned, but he is not out to ruin anyone. I submit that the pilots of Transtates, Mesa and Comair would most likely love to be working for Jerry.

Classic!!

Obviously, you might need an explanation of relative seniority. It is not a percentage of the guys on the list. That is one way to discuss it. So is date of hire. But, much like if I have money invested in Google and Mesa and lose 2% on both, the impact is not the same. What is important in discussing relative seniority is not only the percentage but also the numerical rank on the list of pilots. Pretending that percentage is the only way to look at seniority is ignorant. When was the last time anyone upgraded because the percentage came down to your relative seniority. BS. We all know that the number on the list means everything, not percent.

Carry on.

I was hired in '04, the same date an xjt guy was hired over there. We have the exact same seniority number at our respective airline. If we merge doh, guess what, we are right beside each other!!!! That's where we should be!!! He shouldn't be 500 numbers ahead of me, we were hired on the same freakin day!!!! You're out of your freakin mind if you think that's fair!! Take your relative senority and shove it. Sorry if you don't like it, noone over here cares.

For fun let's just say that you guys are #800 on the list. That puts the xjet guy at a percentage of 29.6% and you at a percentage of 48.4% . You are a reserve captain and he holds a line in his base of choice. He made a better career choice at the time, whether he knew it or not. His QOL should not take a dive or yours should not get a windfall just because his airline had more attrition than yours.

Ask the DAL guy and Eastern guy who got hired on the same day in 1979 if it is fair that the DAL guy is retiring as a 777 capt and the Eastern guy is retiring as a 737 capt at Airtran. Sometimes life ain't fair, you better get used to it. A percentage based combination is the only thing that is fair.

Comair once had the best contract in the industry too. Hmmm.

Those were different times. Comair is wholly owned as well.

Well, at least neither pilot group as represented on this message board can claim the class-act high ground.

My stance is that the aquisition would be a good thing for all three pilot groups, the Express contract should not be circumnavigated, but an ASA/Express merger is better than completely killing the deal. Unfortunately, any willingness to bend on the three-way will be exploited. It is enforceable only if the Express pilots are willing to kill the deal over it and live with the ramifications, be they good or bad.

So that's the choice the Express pilots must make. No matter which one is made, the ASA pilots should offer support, for there's not much else we can do anyway. It's the Express contract which we are being used to circumnavigate and it is the Express pilot's decision to make, as to what to do about it.

To make a bunch of noise about whom is aquiring whom and whose contract is better and who has taken what concessions and blah blah blah; all that just makes us at ASA sound like a bunch of opportunistic idiots.

How would the pilots at ASA feel if it was the scope clause of our contract was being circumnavigated?

And to the pilots of Express on this board I would say, get over yourselves a bit. Give this deal serious consideration-three way and two way. Skywest is a good place to be. There has been some whipsaw, but I don't want to think about where we would be without Skywest, aka Comair?

Jerry is known as a shrewed businessmen and I believe the rep is well and proudly earned, but he is not out to ruin anyone. I submit that the pilots of Transtates, Mesa and Comair would most likely love to be working for Jerry.

I personally behemently disagree with you that an ASA/XJT merger is better than killing the deal. I am willing deal with the ramifications of killing the deal. CAL or someone else will find the same exact same value in us that the "shrewd" people at Inc have. Like I've said, we didn't ask for someone to come buy us or save us. It was Inc who seems like they desperately want to get in bed with CAL for the "incumbency" and possibility of larger aircraft. Honestly, I think this deal is done whatever happens of all this. Which takes away our having to answer the question on how hard we should push to enforce our contract. Anyways, we have nothing to lose either way. I rather not work for shrewd business people who disregard others in their business dealings while telling us with a smile that we should see them as our "life boat" and at the same time ask us to take 16% concessions to be cost competitive with Skywest pilots. All because he wants to keep separate lists to whipsaw us with. With JO and HK, at least they are up front with screwing you. Its so disingenuous its disgusting.

Latest resources

Back