• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Get ASA/XJT Combined Seniority List

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Really? It is fair to be equal to that 1984 hire if you're relatively in the same place. How is that a windfall? What is that 1996 XJT pilot gaining? Both pilots are 1% before the merger and 1% after the merger, everything is the same. Nothing really changes as far as bidding anything.

Also, ASA isn't buying anything, it's Skywest, they are putting XJT with ASA, could have just as well put it with SKYW. And XJT is a larger company than ASA, so what? XJT is not in bankruptcy (yet) and XJT has contracts to continue flying for CAL and UAL for at least the next several years. There are benefits for both groups, aside from the ego part of seeing your seniority number next to someone hired years after you, what's the problem with relative seniority?

Actually this is ASA doing the buying. And this is as what was already stated an aquisition.

I personally think that the seniority list should be zippered. ASA's number 1 then Express Jet. Continue to the end.

that story is pure fiction. I don't know where you heard it, but it happened in lft.....not mob. You didn't even have the right state. And you wouldn't be laughing if there really had been an intruder. You would be on your knees thanking me for saving everyone's life and i would be on the front page of the usa today....again.

hahahahah!!!!!!!

Actually this is ASA doing the buying. And this is as what was already stated an aquisition.

I personally think that the seniority list should be zippered. ASA's number 1 then Express Jet. Continue to the end.

Unfortunately for all of us, JA put us in the position that its up to the lawyers to figure out his shenanigan's to get around his problem two years ago and clearly try to circumnavigate the intent and letter of our federal legally binding contract.

I like the zipper analogy.

Looking forward to working with XJET guys, let's make this one great airline to work for and stop the fighting. Personally I don't care if I'm going to be junior to a guy hired after me, I will be ok with relative seniority plus we don't even know how we are going to be integrated, so stop worrying about it. Just my 2 cents

looking forward to working with xjet guys, let's make this one great airline to work for and stop the fighting. Personally i don't care if i'm going to be junior to a guy hired after me, i will be ok with relative seniority plus we don't even know how we are going to be integrated, so stop worrying about it. Just my 2 cents

agreed!!

Agreed. We should just call off the purchase, and buy the aircraft from the lien holder in a year or so, and we can hire you all as new hires.

Sound good?

If JA thought that was a possibility, he would have just done that. Sounds good to me. Fact of the matter is that we are a good deal and bring great value to whoever wants to buy us. I'll take my chances then to go down the path your ceo insists on taking XJT on.

Until he calls it off, I stand by what I said, we didn't ask for this to begin with so don't tell us to shove anything!

Last edited:
If JA thought that was a possibility, he would have just done that. Sounds good to me. Fact of the matter is that we are a good deal and bring great value to whoever wants to buy us. I'll take my chances then to go down the path your ceo insists on taking XJT on.

Until he calls it off, I stand by what I said, we didn't ask for this to begin with so don't tell us to shove anything!

I agree with you. You need to stop this merger and go it alone. I'm getting tired of your entitlement attitude and think it would be best if we went our own way.

You can fight it out alone and so will we.

Latest resources

Back