General Lee

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
inthewind said:
I didn't have the heart to tell him that his son and every other sucker that takes a job flying sophisticated jets for that amount of dough is the very reason that the entire industry is such a mess.

I disagree. I blame the pilots/union at the carrier he got hired at. When I was hired at Mesaba, starting pay was $17.50 for a 69 seat jet. Comair and Express I (now Pinnacle) were pay-for-training.

Aspiring airline pilots need jobs. It's our job as airline pilots to set the pay and work rules for our profession. For the most part, we haven't done a very good job of it at the regional level. And now, we're starting to fail again.

79%N1 said:
How did you get your start in the industry????? I'm sure your first job was a cushy, $100,000/year flying heavy job ---- A$$WAD!

Sorry, but $20/hr is how you must start if you aspire to make more money later in life. Its a tradeoff one must make, except for you, I'm sure!

A$$wad? Really cool dumba$$. I got my start hazegrey and underway on an amphib. Flying 300' and below on the darkest nights your ever saw and getting shot at over downtown Mogadishu. So take your high and mighty BS and shove it loser

inthewind said:
A$$wad? Really cool dumba$$. I got my start hazegrey and underway on an amphib. Flying 300' and below on the darkest nights your ever saw and getting shot at over downtown Mogadishu. So take your high and mighty BS and shove it loser

Inthewind,

Don't mind 79%N1, he is a very confused person who is upset with his own situation. You have every right to express your opinion here, and we should welcome good debate. Some people try to debate calling people names, and that just shows they are unhappy.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
Inthewind,

Don't mind 79%N1, he is a very confused person who is upset with his own situation. You have every right to express your opinion here, and we should welcome good debate. Some people try to debate calling people names, and that just shows they are unhappy.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General, once again you are pointing the finger right back at yourself. You are a very unhappy guy always in a panic.

FUNNY

Mercyful Fate said:
General, once again you are pointing the finger right back at yourself. You are a very unhappy guy always in a panic.

FUNNY

I am? I love my job. And, I try not to panic too much---unless Wendy's late night window is closed!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Well, if what you say is true about people say mean things and call names when they get into a panic, then yes that statement rings true; You are always in a panic.

Mercyful Fate said:
Well, if what you say is true about people say mean things and call names when they get into a panic, then yes that statement rings true; You are always in a panic.

Riiiiight. Well, some people do say mean things when they panic. Some people hate their lives. Some people dislike everything when they have a small pay check. Some people only get into flying for the money. That is why they are unhappy. I have watched this industry (the lagacy side) tank since 9-11, and it has made me uneasy. But, I still enjoy the job, and I try to avoid calling people names unless they start it. I don't think that is panic.
But, you may think otherwise. That is fine.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General, I think its great you still love your job considering what the industry and Delta is going through right now...

Same goes for others though, if they throw out names and what not does not mean they dont know what they are talking about like you stated. And you cannot tell me you havent "started" issues with other people on this board first...

When you have your 6000+ posts you boast about, you have to be realllly careful about things you post, because its obvious you can contradict yourself very very easily when jumping from topic to topic...

Thats all I am simply pointing out....

Mercyful Fate said:
General, I think its great you still love your job considering what the industry and Delta is going through right now...

Same goes for others though, if they throw out names and what not does not mean they dont know what they are talking about like you stated. And you cannot tell me you havent "started" issues with other people on this board first...

When you have your 6000+ posts you boast about, you have to be realllly careful about things you post, because its obvious you can contradict yourself very very easily when jumping from topic to topic...

Thats all I am simply pointing out....

Hey, I am not trying to contradict anything. This industry is a fluid thing, which changes daily. I comment on what I see, and it is strictly my opinion. I have been on this board for maybe 5 years now, and I do have the most posts. Most of them come from responding to comments I made and good debate over industry topics. I am not ashamed of my post total, and I am not posting just for the high number. I enjoy this board, and that is good enough for me. If others do not like my posts, then they can put me on ignore.

Bye Bye--General Lee

There are some regional pilots out there that would giggle with joy if mainline fired ALL their pilots and assigned all routes to Regional pilots. They would do it for the same pay and crappy work rules they currently have, while taking jobs from other pilots.

Hey!! Look at that upgrade time!! lots of opportunity here!! I'll just get my 1000 hours of PIC and I'm outta here !!........

Wait......Where am I gonna go now????

I think THAT is the attitude GL is attacking. And I think he is right!!

When regionals/feeders comprised only 10% of the flying, they presented an opportunity to gain experience and someday move on to the other 90% known as "majors"

As the regionals take an increasingly larger share of the flying in this country, the regional pilot's dream is to get a job with 300 hours, fly a jet, upgrade in less than a year, and hopefully be at a major at the ripe old age of 23.

But for what? If the trend continues, there will be no place to go with your vast experience. If we fly 90% of the routes, and majors only fly transcon and overseas, there will be NO place to go. So why is this concept SO hard for some regional pilots to understand?

I'll tell you why. Because as pilots, we are confident and sometimes cocky. We think we are the cream of the crop and that "I" will be one of the 100 pilots hired by major airlines 5 years from now.

Growth is great, new routes/aircraft are great. But be careful what you wish for. You may not have a job to go to.

Yes, I'm sure I'll get flamed for some of these comments, but only by the ones who think THEY are IMMUNE to this phenomenon, they think that THEY will be the special one selected for that "dream" job at a major.

General Lee, you are correct.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back