General Lee

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
AH Ha! I knew people would quote me and Dave would still see it. Hilarious.

Dave,

We all have threats made toward us, but some of us have more leverage. Bankruptcy hinders your leverage somewhat. SkyWest at the time was full of people at the bottom that wanted to upgrade, and junior captains that wanted better QOL. That was a recipe for disaster, and only the senior Captains and management knew that. Now, everyone at SkyWest will have that agreement for a long time, and only Ron Reber and Jerry Atkin are jumping up and down for joy. Comair's pilots were put into a corner that you were not. Your company was not going to stop if you voted no. What would have happened had you voted no? United would not have just ftopped all of their West Coast feed, DEN feed, and some ORD feed immediately. What about a $5 an hour difference for the CR7? The reason I harp on this is because this agreement got the ball rolling to send this industry downhill. The Major side isn't doing much better, but we are in a corner and have to fight our way out. We actually brought the wage bar up to the highest it had ever been. That inturn helped Southwest and Fedex bring their wages up, and someday we hope to go back that way. What kind of negotiating ability do you guys have right now with your management? You don't even really have a union. How do you get on that union MEC anyway? Are you appointed by management? Are you? I am not saying our poop don't stink over here, but you can't overlook your problems and then cheer when you here a rumor about getting CR9s to cover mainline flying. That will set back this industry again.

Bye Bye--General Lee

:eek:

ERJFO said:
I have nothing agianst you as well as nothing mean to say but...

Why would a 75/76 guy at Delta browse the "regionals" forum? I always see your posts that sometimes border on the "rude" side geared to small jet pilots and I am just currious what your motivation and reasoning is to be involved in the "regionals" forum much less argue with those that frequent it.

Thank's for your response.

...;Why is it such a big deal to you?

Don't you browse the Major forums, or others?

Many pilot types on here came from regionals/civillian areas, and still keep a pulse on whats going on, knowlege is good,...for all of us!

So, lighten up and enjoy....

And the idiot spoke.....

"SkyWest at the time was full of people at the bottom that wanted to upgrade, and junior captains that wanted better QOL. That was a recipe for disaster"

Fools!!! They should have desired to remain FO's forever and to have crappy QOL.

And the idiot, uhhh Private Lee spoke.....

"SkyWest at the time was full of people at the bottom that wanted to upgrade, and junior captains that wanted better QOL. That was a recipe for disaster"

Fools!!! They should have desired to remain FO's forever and to have crappy QOL.

Dave Benjamin said:

You're describing QX reserve FO's, aren't you? 10.4 days off/mo. (75 hrs./mo. guarantee); 6 year upgrade.

Hey, but at least we're coming into happy, happy, joy, joy contract talk season! And all the free turkey wedges and tuna packs you can eat. :D

Dave Benjamin said:
And the idiot, uhhh Private Lee spoke.....

Dave,

I thought you had me on IGNORE? Keep it there. And, your reasoning for bringing the rest of the regional industry down doesn't help your cause. Maybe we at Delta could fly for Brasilia wages and maybe we will get some used Concordes? You still set a precident---flying any jet under 99 seats for the same wage---and you weren't facing bankruptcy. And, to top it off, you really have no union (except the one that has leaders appointed by management) to put up a fight. And, you lost your 1.2% raise, and the next one is nowhere to be seen. Ron and Jerry are leaping up for joy, high fiving each other right now. But, atleast you got a bunch of upgrades out of it. How many reserve lines are there now in SLC on the jet? You can try to compare it to Comair or Delta and our problems, but you can't prove it, since you were not facing a bankruptcy judge, and even the senior pilots at SkyWest saw it wasn't a good deal. It still passed. Goodnight Dave.

Bye Bye----General Lee

Last edited:
jaymacker said:
Hey General Lee...

What was with the cowboy in Wyoming comment???

---Bye Bye

Are you one? The weather must make it a rough life up there. Have fun.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General, I for one appreciate your point of view. I also believe that the RJ is the downfall of this industry. On Thursday when I made my weekly run to CID the shuttle van driver was excited to tell me that his son was finally flying a CRJ for a whopping 20 bucks an hour. He couldn't understand why I wasn't happy for him. I didn't have the heart to tell him that his son and every other sucker that takes a job flying sophisticated jets for that amount of dough is the very reason that the entire industry is such a mess.

Keep up the good work General

inthewind said:
General, I for one appreciate your point of view. I also believe that the RJ is the downfall of this industry. On Thursday when I made my weekly run to CID the shuttle van driver was excited to tell me that his son was finally flying a CRJ for a whopping 20 bucks an hour. He couldn't understand why I wasn't happy for him. I didn't have the heart to tell him that his son and every other sucker that takes a job flying sophisticated jets for that amount of dough is the very reason that the entire industry is such a mess.

Keep up the good work General

How did you get your start in the industry????? I'm sure your first job was a cushy, $100,000/year flying heavy job ---- A$$WAD!

Sorry, but $20/hr is how you must start if you aspire to make more money later in life. Its a tradeoff one must make, except for you, I'm sure!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back