• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gemini Minimums

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you guys get all of the air-miles for all of the dead-heading you do? ...That would be a great way to offset the lack of non-revenue \ zed-fare travel. How does Gemini go about picking which airline to dead-head you on? ZP

1. Yes. My last rotation I got 9000 miles on Star Alliance. 6,000 miles on Skyteam. 3000 miles on One World.

2. No clue. To give you an idea of commercial travel here is how I got home. RUH-BAH-CDG (Gulf Air) (AA miles), CDG-IAD (Air France) (NWA miles). IAD-TYS (United)

1. Yes. My last rotation I got 9000 miles on Star Alliance. 6,000 miles on Skyteam. 3000 miles on One World.

2. No clue. To give you an idea of commercial travel here is how I got home. RUH-BAH-CDG (Gulf Air) (AA miles), CDG-IAD (Air France) (NWA miles). IAD-TYS (United)

Wow, I am sold. You must get several free tickets per year. ZP

Fog and I flew together last pairing. I elected for Delta miles for the Air France leg. It should put me into the Platinum range.
I don't know about fog, but the last thing I need is a free ticket to anywhere during my 11-12 days off.
Now upgrades to business class is another matter.
Gemini is a CASS participant and jumpseating is no problem.
We also have agreements with a few airlines, the latest being MaxJet, for low cost fares (like 25 dollars).
Again, most of us don't travel a lot when home. Some of the bachelors can live out of a suitcase close to 365 a year. Us married dudes figure more than 200 days is plenty, and look forward to our time at home.
I'm on vacation this month (7 days wrapped by 12 off days) and have a honey-do list as long as my arm!
I did get the clothes dryer fixed, make a dump run, and fish on the river tonight. One striper, one bluefish, and a few cervesas made for a good day. Working on the yard tomorrow, garage the next day, etc.
Looking forward to seeing my first NFL games this weekend. The word football has a different meaning overseas, so if you are into a lot of TV, kiss your shows goodbye for most of the month. There are a few online TV viewers, but they are poor at best.

Z-pilot:

I'm an ex-YV guy that was in DA-20's class, and I share his wait and see sentiments about the upcoming contract. If you come to GAC you will be treated alot better than you were at YV, but its definetly a different lifestyle. I'm enjoying it so far. I read alot the traffic on this board for months before making the jump to GAC and so far I have seen Fedora and Fogrunner have been provent to be spot on with their accounts of life on the line here. PM me if you want, heck we may have flown together at YV

J

More Q's

These are silly questions, so bear with me.

Do you all check your luggage or carry them on (roll-along & flight case) for the international dead heads?

(The reason I ask is because I doubt you deadhead in uniform, and I doubt the TSA liquid rule works while you're out for 2 to 3 weeks).

Do most of you have a 22" or a 26" roll-along?

Do you do laundry at layovers & subsequently just pack for one week?

At $2.35\hr per diem, how much are you typically seeing on your paystub per month?

When is the contract amendable?

Not silly at all.......

Do you all check your luggage or carry them on (roll-along & flight case) for the international dead heads?

I check mine. London Heathrow has strict one carry on policy even if in transit.

(The reason I ask is because I doubt you deadhead in uniform, and I doubt the TSA liquid rule works while you're out for 2 to 3 weeks).

Do most of you have a 22" or a 26" roll-along?

Varies, some have the standard 22", some the 26". Some guys carry three bags.

Do you do laundry at layovers & subsequently just pack for one week?

Yes. Laundry is cheap to do in India.

At $2.35\hr per diem, how much are you typically seeing on your paystub per month?

$800-$950.

When is the contract amendable?

09/09

Last edited:
...HAHA I am not done...

Thanks Fog-

Do you guys bring your laptops with you?

Which power-converters do you use?

Able to access internet at most places?

Which phone and phone carrier has the best international calling plan?

Or do you all do calling cards instead?

How do you all stay in contact with the company? Dispatch issues? Crew Scheduling?

...Thanks again!

Do you guys bring your laptops with you?

Yes

Which power-converters do you use?

I got my adapters at Walmart for $20.

Able to access internet at most places?

Yes. It was dial-up in Saudi Arabia.

Which phone and phone carrier has the best international calling plan?

The majority of us, use Skype.

How do you all stay in contact with the company? Dispatch issues? Crew Scheduling?

You wont really need to talk to dispatch. Crew scheduling every now and again through skype or an AT&T access number.

Fedora has the best deal on international cell phone that I have come across.. He can fill you in on that.

Latest resources

Back