Gemini Minimums

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lots of uncovered flying?

Does junior-manning (overtime) pay 150% ?

What about the associated DH for such an assignment?

Thanks

ZP

I think it is over simplification to say "12 days off".
Depends on whether it is a 17, 18 or 19 day line. Take September, a 30 day month. If you have a 18 day line you would have 12 days off, if it was August, 13 days off etc. etc.. The contract stipulates a minimum of 11 days off.

There is no junior manning. You can be extended for two days beyond your pairing for certain reasons.

You work on a day off you get time and half.

Lots of uncovered flying?
Gemini (and most ACMI cargo airlines) is a non-scheduled airline. Which means there are no "scheduled" flights to go uncovered. We don't have any daily nonstops from EWR to MIA. We have some "hard" lines of flying for certain customers, but in reality what you are awarded and what you wind up flying may be completely different.
All our Saudi lines were hard lines last month, some with more than a 65 hour guarantee, and the pilots who were awarded those lines flew other trips for Cargo Italia and never got back into rotation on their assigned lines. It happens all the time. October's bid package for the 11 had 12 hard lines out of 20, but essentially you are bidding either first half or second half (18 days).
If you get caught "back-to-back" , you can be gone for 36 days. On the other hand, if you are off at the end of one month and the first part of the next, you can be home for 24 in a row.
BTW, UPS is saying they won't be hiring in 2008, so those looking to use Gemini for a short step up may be disapointed.

Being Jr at Gemini can lead to even less time off than the guaranteed 11 days. This is because of carry in and carry out lines. They do pay you overtime for those 2 days however.
I was the low man on the 10 for the couple of years I was there and often times had 9 or 10 days off in a month.

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=103296&page=2

It's addressed on the other Gemini thread on page three of the cargo threads. Basically, the upgrade picture is not a pretty one based on past performance.
We are hiring replacement pilots for those that we are losing to other airlines. If you got on the bottom of the list next month, you'd have 75-80 guys above you. If we buy 10 more aircraft, no problems. Right now we can't seem to buy one. This was a great company 10 years ago when I signed on. I upgraded in just 14 months. We still have guys in the right seat that hired on in 2000. Some of the last of the 99 guys are upgrading now. They are long overdue. Hopefully Fogrunner will get his chance soon.
Not trying to bum you out on upgrades, and who knows? If we announce growth, then the recent new hires will be the lucky ones like I was in 98.

What's your realistic assesment on aircraft orders and growth? I have seen the other threads and I have seen which aircraft are being discussed, but then again it is all the same stuff that wa being discussed in 2004...

MD-11's are quickly snatched up by FedEx & UPS.
Availability is an issue.

New 777F are probably too exspensive...
There is no established conversion program\company for the 777pax that I know of.

A330F too exspensive.

B767's might be the most realistic option....

ZP

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back