• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gateway problems already lol......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WOW, after reading this thread, I am so glad that I am a corporate pilot and not with an airline. Using the word unprofessional is an understatement. You guys want the respect from your company's management but then you behave like this. No wonder why they treat you like they do.

You all should be ashamed of yourselves. (I am talking to those that commend this type of action).

I can be one of the meanest, most vindictive, militant, left-wing anti-management types you'll ever meet.

Isn't that SOP for all liberals???

I have to agree with the rest of your post. Looking at this practically, there is a safty issue (at the very least dinging an aircraft). Also you interupt non hojet pilots that are waiting for taxi instructions further congesting a busy freq. Third, you are making ATC's job tougher. Finally, if they find out who is disrupting transmissions who knows what the FAA would do. Is your ticket worth a minor inconvenience to hojets taxi instructions?

I say if you decide to block transmitions then block them on OPS freq also make rampers aware of what they are doing to our industry, maybe we will get first priority from the rampers. Poor(er) service from rampers/como leads to further delays. There are many other ways to make their life harder, any other suggestions? Lets not stoop to their level, lets defeat them in an extremely agressive yet professional fight!

Should you tell it to the American rampers who got fired and then re-hired as Eagle for Eagle pay and benefits, or the other myriad of other rampers that were mainline and got the same treatment? Did we do anything to help them? I'd tell it to the United Express guys, but after two weeks, you'll have 100% turnover and just have to re-tell it.

labbats said:
Should you tell it to the American rampers who got fired and then re-hired as Eagle for Eagle pay and benefits, or the other myriad of other rampers that were mainline and got the same treatment? Did we do anything to help them? I'd tell it to the United Express guys, but after two weeks, you'll have 100% turnover and just have to re-tell it.

Don't know what AA or Eagle has to do with United Express flights. Anyway as of a few days ago Mainline is handling all SKW flights, I'd presume they also handle Hojets. Maybe they won't give us any sympathy, but it's worth a try. Any constructive suggestions of your own?

PCL_128 said:
Apparently you weren't paying attention. I already said that I'm not defending the actions of pilots that are blocking transmissions. I'm merely pointing out that the HoJets pilots are not innocent victims that we should feel sorry for. Of course pilots shouldn't be blocking radio transmissions. I agree with you on that.

They need to be given a blanket party. Each and every one of them.

Bandit60 said:
WOW, after reading this thread, I am so glad that I am a corporate pilot and not with an airline. Using the word unprofessional is an understatement. You guys want the respect from your company's management but then you behave like this. No wonder why they treat you like they do.

You all should be ashamed of yourselves. (I am talking to those that commend this type of action).
While I have my own reasons for being glad that I am no longer a corporate pilot, I still agree with your view on this matter. As much as I resent G0Jet pilots, I hope that no one from my airline was participating in such childish behavior. It is an embarassment to all regional pilots.

SkyBoy1981 said:
While I have my own reasons for being glad that I am no longer a corporate pilot, I still agree with your view on this matter. As much as I resent G0Jet pilots, I hope that no one from my airline was participating in such childish behavior. It is an embarassment to all regional pilots.

No, *************************S and other airlines alike are an embarassment to the regional industry:smash: !!!!
It's not just regional pilots acting like this, it's ALL pilots. I remember this happening to MESA, CHQ, AirTran, etc.

say again said:
No, *************************S and other airlines alike are an embarassment to the regional industry:smash: !!!!
It's not just regional pilots acting like this, it's ALL pilots. I remember this happening to MESA, CHQ, AirTran, etc.
You remember people blocking AirTran on the radio? Or do you remember AirTran blocking others on the radio? Either way, please explain...I have no idea what you're talking about. As for Mesa and CHQ, they are regionals. I don't recall any instances where major airline pilots were blocking each other on ATC frequencies because of a labor dispute. We're not in college anymore folks. Grow up. You're making all of us 20 something year old regional pilots look like idiots.

Last edited:
SkyBoy1981 said:
You remember people blocking AirTran on the radio? Or do you remember AirTran blocking others on the radio? Either way, please explain...I have no idea what you're talking about. As for Mesa and CHQ, they are regionals. I don't recall any instances where major airline pilots were blocking each other on ATC frequencies because of a labor dispute. We're not in college anymore folks. Grow up. You're making all of us 20 something year old regional pilots look like idiots.

I wouldnt be too sure of that. I met a Republic Airlines FO last week. I guess RP got a lot of the Mid-Atlantic flying. He says when they are in Philly they get dirty looks in the terminals, spoken to innappropriately and they get their transmissions blocked constantly. If i am correct isnt Mid-Atlantic mostly furloughed US Airways pilots?

I thought it was funny when i first read this post, though I dont condone or encourage this type of stuiff, I do find it amusing. I am fairly new to the insdustry, but like some of the others mentioned this stuff has been happening for awhile and not at just the regional level.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back