Gateway problems already lol......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SkyBoy1981 said:
You remember people blocking AirTran on the radio? Or do you remember AirTran blocking others on the radio? Either way, please explain...I have no idea what you're talking about. As for Mesa and CHQ, they are regionals. I don't recall any instances where major airline pilots were blocking each other on ATC frequencies because of a labor dispute. We're not in college anymore folks. Grow up. You're making all of us 20 something year old regional pilots look like idiots.

Yes I do remember instances were as AirTran pilots were getting "stepped" on, not to this extent, but it happened. I also remember America West,Southwest, amongst many others having the same doings back when Freedom was starting up!!! I think that you need to get yourself more informed and stop being so naive and ignorant to the situation. I don't understand why people think it's only the 20 regional pilots doing this. It's ALL pilots.

I do not work for the airlines anymore. If you guys want to "step" on each other, so be it, it really does not concen me. It's one of the ways pilots show their "appreciation" tko these fools. Childish, immature, unprofessional-gimme a break. You should really see what's happening behind closed doors!!!:laugh:

Well, regardless, that doesn't make it any less childish. On the ops frequency I could understand, but not on an ATC frequency. There's no reason that the controller and everyone else on the frequency should have to suffer because of people acting like 12 year olds. Especially at the busiest airport in the world. Like I said, those of you who participate in this sort of stuff, grow up already.

Stifler's Mom said:
I fly out of ATL and I haven't heard this happen. :beer:
Is ATL on top again? I know it fluctuates from year to year...haven't heard recently.

first of of all flywrite you're a moron and i feel sorry for the guys that have to fly with you. second of all it's ohare. it's real hard to hit somebody or a cross an active runway. it's two circles. *************************s is a cancer and i wish them the worst.

I have to say that I heard lots of hissing on ramp tower, but once on with ATC, I didn't hear much of anything. Mostly because we could only hear ATC and not Gateway. Apparently ORD has been giving them different frequencies so that they can get through. While I don't agree with blocking radios, these guys do suck. Most of us have taken to carrying cameras with us and making sure we get a good shot of those guys at the gate. They are too scared to leave the aircraft. Not that I blame them though. The last guy I flew with was in the builder's union in NYC and he just wants to break some legs like in the old days!

jpeace02 said:
first of of all flywrite you're a moron and i feel sorry for the guys that have to fly with you. second of all it's ohare. it's real hard to hit somebody or a cross an active runway. it's two circles. *************************s is a cancer and i wish them the worst.

I agree with your assessment of of hojets being a cancer. With all due respect, when you upgrade and become responsible for an aircraft at ORD you will not feel the same way about taxiing. Not too difficult but very busy as I'm sure you have seen.

B-J-J Fighter said:
Whats upgrade time at GJs?

Quick hiring Captians. These detials from another post:

Currently operating as United Express with 3 CRJ-700's, 6 by the end of OCT, and 10 by Jan 2006. ALPA just wants them to be ALPA to get their 2%. Currently assigned to Local 618 with the IBT:
http://www.teamster.org/divisions/airline/airlineorganizing.htm
http://www.teamsterslocal618.org/news-and-events.html

ALPA has filed a single carrier petition, so whether it be the IBT or ALPA, they will be union. If ALPA wins single carrier, “high unlikely” in ALPA's own words, GJ would still have its own MEC, SEN LIST, and CBA.

Currently 60 pilots. 20 more in 1 week. The TSA pilot's had their 3rd opportunity to control the GJ flying, with an LOA, that they voted down 2 weeks ago. The company has said there will be no more offers and began to hire again. More TSA pilots are coming over with each class. They will hire 20 per month for till 1st quarter. They have options on 40 more CRJ 700/900's

Background of the pilots is wide, mostly high time, people that left other regionals (ASA, AE, SKYWAYS, ACA, CorpEX), furloughed Major Pilots, some freight, retired MIL, very very wide backgrounds, but mostly prior 121 background. Several in the 1st 2 classes have been hired already at other ALPA carries. (1 CAL and 2 to World Airways).

Most the bad mouth on here is from TSA guys. Other is from pissed off AirWis guys. Why the AirWI guys are angry at GJ I don't know? Most of AirWI flying has NOT been lost to GJ but to MESA and SKYWEST(Non-Union). I guess ALPA has made an easy target out of GJ, but MESA and SKYWEST have hurt AirWI MUCH MUCH MORE. GJ just started to flying into O’Hare 2 days ago. MESA and SKYWEST have been there for months.

Anyway, they will have about 100 pilots at years end, and if they take their other 40 options they will add about 400 more. More info: http://g*jetairlines.com You will have to replace the * with an o.

Latest resources

Back