Gateway problems already lol......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nindiri said:
It's not that hard, really, to pinpoint transmissions if they want to. Just a few years ago they caught a few idiots at ATL that thought they were anonymous.

Wrong. It's not that hard, really, to get close, but to actually pinpoint a moving transmission? Triangulation don't cut it. There is other technology, such as specific tx characteristics of a particular radio brand, but: 1. This isn't technology the FCC is using, and 2. How many crj's are running around in cose proximity to each other at ORD, with identical radios?

I mention that because I don't like scare tactics that rely on ignorance. HOWEVER, you guys intentionally blocking ATC calls at an airport like ORD are the real scumbags, dou*hebags, non-professionals, whatever else you've called the *************************s guys, and worse. Yes, they might have interfered with your mgmt / labor relations, but you're interfering with the safety of my family, whenever they fly out of ORD. Intentionally screwing with radio calls like that is reckless to the point of criminal endangerment.

I'm one of the most laid-back guys you'd ever fly with, but safety is never compromised in my cockpit. If I were riding your jumpseat and witnessed behavior like this, I wouldn't think twice before reporting it to the FAA. It goes far beyond "unprofessionalism". It is UNSAFE. Not just for the offenders, or the intended target, but for every crewmember and passenger at the airport that day. If you really think your silly little vendetta is worth risking someone else's life for, then frankly you're a waste of a valuable human existence.

To be honest, I care not one bit about the future of the airline business, as I've already made up my mind that it is not MY future. So I couldn't care less that actions like this erode the public's confidence in the airlines (though they do). I couldn't care less that this kind of thing further detracts from the "respect" you think you're owed because you wear that uniform (though it does). But you're going to get somebody hurt, possibly yourself. I mean, do you really have any idea at all what you do for a living??? :confused:

Plus, when I'm stuck in the gridlock you've caused and all I want to do is get to the gate so I can enjoy a rare overnight at home with my family, it pisses me off.:mad:

Wow, you've censored the name of the airline on this board? American "liberty" at its finest..."freedom of speech? You bet... till you say something I don't like." :rolleyes:

Stearmandriver said:
Intentionally screwing with radio calls like that is reckless to the point of criminal endangerment.

I'm one of the most laid-back guys you'd ever fly with, but safety is never compromised in my cockpit. If I were riding your jumpseat and witnessed behavior like this, I wouldn't think twice before reporting it to the FAA. It goes far beyond "unprofessionalism". It is UNSAFE. Not just for the offenders, or the intended target, but for every crewmember and passenger at the airport that day. If you really think your silly little vendetta is worth risking someone else's life for, then frankly you're a waste of a valuable human existence.

Just imagine how fast the swarm of lawyers would be all over an offender if the lawyers found out that a given accident or incident, which caused injury or death, had as a contributing factor, an intentionally blocked radio call.
You, your family, your airline, and your union (if the offender is union), couldnt afford a pot to pi$$ in, and Bubba would get a new bitch in prison.

I have heard that on several of the occasions, that there have been FAA inspectors on the flight decks of their flights, that those FAA inspectors witnessed the blocked and jammed comms, and that FAA HQ in Washington is looking into the matter.

Does ALPA Loss of License insurance cover losing your certificate over something infantile and stupid? I didnt know PROFESSIONALS would stoop to be lower than whale excrement at the bottom of the sea, but I mustve been wrong.

Last edited:
Yawn................................................................................................

MEMO came out at TSA this week.... Here is the sum of it:

"ORD/STL ATC have filed formal complaints against TSA regarding alleged interference with GJet communications. The FAA, FCC, FBI, Homeland Security and other agencies have been notified. Any TSA pilot caught interfereing with radio communications will be subject to immediate and severe discipline up to and including Death. Yes, the death penalty under law is explicitly mentioned in the M.W. memo. An amazing document."

Wow, they've really stepped the rhetoric up a notch. They used to merely threaten us with measures "up to and including termination" in every memo. Now they are threatening us with death. I guess somebody struck a nerve. You know, every now and then you have to step back and shake your head. Did my employer really just threaten me with DEATH???????

You guys at GJs might be able to cry momy to your management and have some control over the actions of TSA pilots. You will not however, have ANY control over the rest of the industry and those that disapprove of your self-fulfilling choices and tactics. I'm not condonig radio interference in no way shape or form. However, it's funny to read some of the excuses you have for your existance at such a cancer of an airline.

I can assure you with great certainty, that when the facts are layed out, most who know and understand what you stand for will in no way shape or form ever approve of you. In the future or even the not so distant future, bars will be lowered, jobs will be lost, lives will be ruined and this industry will be brought even further to its knees because of your actions. Know that and understand that if you don't already.

FmrFreightDog said:
As I recall, the Feds went after people doing this when Freedom first started flying. Something about FCC trucks set up around the airport??? I can't rememeber the details.

True stories from the Freedom days. (I'm PHX based)

One America West crew got ordered back to the gate (presumably to have their CVR pulled). Random guess? Triangulation? The unmarked van next to the runway? Who knows?

And the Freedom Jets went to the front of the line for a week after controlers got tired of all TOWER transmissions to their jets holding in position ON AN ACTIVE RUNWAYS were being blocked.

Plus, the FBI automatically steps up airline surveillance anytime labor groups get feisty.

They'll get over it. After a couple guys get their FCC licenses pulled and FAA certs suspended.

GJ's haters . . . IF BLOCKING RADIO XMISSIONS IS THE BEST YOU CAN DO, YOU'RE PATHETIC, ALPA IS PATHETIC, AN UNIONS ARE PATHETIC. And this is not an endorsement of GJ's, but a statement of how truly powerless you really are.

Why don't you try dirty looks? THAT should stop em cold! Oh, wait, how about "the finger!" Yeah, that will definitely make them all cry and quit. Or (bush pilots only) tell them you think they're hot, then give them a wrong telephone number . . . Yeah! No, no .. . I'll COMPLAIN annonomously on a chat board! Problem SOLVED.

Last edited:
Simon Says said:
Are you even a regional guy? If not go get a life and let us fight out battles how we like. If so then, I am so tired of hearing....oh, be professional. Don't block transmissions.....whatever. I absolutely hate everything Freedom and Blow Jets stand for. The pilots flying for them are scumbags and no one will ever change my mind. I have been in the Union/Company game too long to have anything but contempt for anybody wishing to fly for a union busting airline.

Not a regional guy any more, thank goodness. I'd hate to share the cockpit with anyone who would behave like this in an airplane. I've moved on to a better position. I'm all for fun and games on the internet, but anyone who takes this into real life needs a reality check.

You think that management doesn't find out about this stuff? And then you get mad because you 'get no respect'? You probably do not deserve any. You think that your certificates alone elevates you to some sort of nobility? Any you rationalize unsafe behavior by saying that "they started it"?

What a bunch of simpering momma's boys. Fight your fights using all legal and professional means at your disposal. But this type of action brings down the profession as well.

The union pilot position as a place of prosperity and respect is being destroyed. Perhaps it is for the best. There are too many in the field who are apparently unworthy of it.

Latest resources

Back