• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gateway problems already lol......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Allright for those of you all flamed up over this. What if I was riding the jumpseat, transmitting on COMM3 while the crew was doing whatever on their radios. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

frankly, if I found out you were doing that, you'd be in jail after you got out of the hospital.

For now, you can spend the next 3 days in the penalty box for the removed content in this post.

Last edited by a moderator:
SkyBoy1981 said:
Hey FuelFlow,

Why no response to the comment about you all doing 5 day trips for credit time? Is it true? Come on....you're always defending that wonderful airline of yours...lets hear it.

Our tentative agreement does not allow for 5 day trips, although they can be approved on a month by month basis by the scheduling committe if they meet certain parameters. Some of our commuting pilots have specifically asked for them, but we will not give a blanket approval without a trip rig or some control over building pairings, which I don't see happening. You guys have 5 day trips too for your commuting pilots - It's a 2 day and a 3 day trip back-to-back.

Until the CBA is signed, realistically the company can do what they want, although right now most guys are getting 3-4 days off at a time. That includes pay, and right now CrewTrac shows our credit time equal to actual block, although I'm sure the company will pay scheduled block as long as they have to negotiate with us. That I just don't know yet.

Last edited:
smokey999 said:
Simply not true. It is impossible to "pinpoint" which aircraft a transmission is coming from, using that technique. There are ways to figure out where transmissions are coming from, but I highly doubt the FCC has the manpower and technology to do it. Nice scare tactic though.
This is not a scare tactic. Why dont you test it and tell me how it works. The tower supervisor told all the controllers to mind their language as well.

Please tell me why you think I would be using this as a scare tactic?

PS. I was just giving a friendly warning.

fuelflow said:
Our tentative agreement does not allow for 5 day trips, although they can be approved on a month by month basis by the scheduling committe if they meet certain parameters. Some of our commuting pilots have specifically asked for them, but we will not give a blanket approval without a trip rig or some control over building pairings, which I don't see happening. You guys have 5 day trips too for your commuting pilots - It's a 2 day and a 3 day trip back-to-back.

Until the CBA is signed, realistically the company can do what they want, although right now most guys are getting 3-4 days off at a time. That includes pay, and right now CrewTrac shows our credit time equal to actual block, although I'm sure the company will pay scheduled block as long as they have to negotiate with us. That I just don't know yet.
CrewTrac shows your credit time equal to block time because IT'S THE SAME PROGRAM TSA USES. The lines between these companies are so blurred, they cannot even change the parameters of Sabre's CrewTrac.

You have a TA? Whatever . . .

low-key:

Allright for those of you all flamed up over this. What if I was riding the jumpseat, transmitting on COMM3 while the crew was doing whatever on their radios.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I suggest you try that.......that way the Captain of the flight you are getting a free ride on could pay the price for YOUR actions.

You all need to grow up and knock this crap off. I have no dog in the fight, but would suggest the following.

Try to be a professional.....fly the jet the way you are supposed to......keep your passengers safe and happy......wear your uniform with pride....(In other words, no more blue dockers and black tennis shoes.) and for goodness sakes.....

Stop blaming other pilots for your "problems". I wish the airline that I flew for had the problems the regional pilots have. (growing by a factor of three and flying jets they couldn't dream of flying in the past and making more money than ever before.)

And before you flame me, did you really think you were going to make $100K for flying a 50 seat jet?

A350

Last edited by a moderator:
If I ever witnessed somebody doing that, I would turn them in in a heartbeat. Not because I care anything about *************************s but because these idiots screwing around on the radio are making life more difficult for the rest of us. You actually think management cares if you annoy a few of their pilots? They'll just use it to their own advantage. You think the ************************* pilots really care that much?

Who does care is the public. If you don't think the public's opinion matters then you better think again. When they read some goofy newspaper articles about unprofessional pilots putting "safety" at risk, they are going to put a stop to it, even if that means letting in foreign carriers to fly domestically.

A350 said:
And before you flame me, did you really think you were going to make $100K for flying a 50 seat jet?

A350

Actually, I'm making close to that now flying an RJ, and these idiots are trying to screw it up.

Bandit60 said:
This is not a scare tactic. Why dont you test it and tell me how it works. The tower supervisor told all the controllers to mind their language as well.

Please tell me why you think I would be using this as a scare tactic?

PS. I was just giving a friendly warning.

I'm just stating the facts. Your "buddy" at ATC is lying or misinformed. That's all.

It's not that hard, really, to pinpoint transmissions if they want to. Just a few years ago they caught a few idiots at ATL that thought they were anonymous.

I recall a joke many years old in which, upon receiving a clearance that was mucked up in some manner, one pilot said to the other "that controller is a fu$king idiot" without realizing he was transmitting. ATC, having heard the profanity replied "Aircraft transmitting the obscenity, read back your ID".

To which the offending pilot replied, "I said you were the fu$king idiot, not me!".

Latest resources

Back