• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gary Kelly's ATN Comments at Message To The Field

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Like the effect that Egypt and the Middle East coupled with potential $150 oil can have on a break even operation like AirTran. I don't think GK is going to risk SWA when he has options. He will ALWAYS keep his options open. A smooth SLI and labor peace will make this decision much easier for him.

If oil does get to that point and stays for awhile then not only with this deal probably not go thru but I can see some forloughs on the SWA side. As far as the Airtran side, who knows.

If oil does get to that point and stays for awhile then not only with this deal probably not go thru but I can see some forloughs on the SWA side. As far as the Airtran side, who knows.

We are hedged through 2014 with much better terms than last time. We are good, are you?

No, what will happen is that he will use the slots and gates of Guadalupe Holdings and slowly close the operation down. SWA pilots will never see a furlough, but Guadalupe Holding pilots will. in fact, every one of those pilots could eventually be furloughed permanently.

Take the staple.

You know, the more I read from GL the more I'm starting to think he is at AirTran. Welcome aboard General.

Have you noticed all the Delta guys try to sew as much discontent as possible? I would to if I were them. SWA isn't going to be the same competition in Atlanta they are used to.... I look forward to it. :beer:

Hey General, just think, if you were had gone to SWA, you could be making close to 3 bills like me...all going to Lubbock. God, that sucks for me. :laugh:

Last edited:
I thought I was on your ignore list?

Sorry bud, I'm just trying to talk some sense into you guys from a outsiders perspective.

Yes, we can see how well your own career advice has worked out for you. How is cargo corner in MIA these days? Still hoping to get to the left seat of a widebody for $85. an hour? :rolleyes:

At this rate, it looks like you're going to blow it.

News Flash . . . . Merger Committees haven't even begun to discuss SLI. If you are basing your opinion on what you read here, it's time for more EST.

Either you guys take a staple, or plan on never going over. JMHO.

Bobby, you're an idiot. Not even the most militant SWA guys think they are going to get a staple . . . but here's good ol' Bobby, looking about as "with it" as Dennis Kucinich.
:laugh:

I love how General Lee is now your ally and biggest cheerleader. He is steering you guys down the path of destruction

The General is . . . the General. He's not leading us anywhere, he's an outsider, voicing his opinion, just as you are. He's been through an SLI . . . howsaboutyerself?.
.....;):laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
.....;):laugh::laugh::laugh:

Fine man. I think you have the wrong idea about me. I'm NOT flaming and I'm just stating MY opinion as an outsider too. I'll even admit that in the past I was having a little fun with you because of some of the things you said about me.

In any case, as an OUTSIDER, I honestly think that SWA will protect their own employees, and in the end AT pilots will not join their seniority list unless they agree to being stapled to the bottom. This assumption is based on the fact that SWA values their corporate culture more than just about anything. Pissing off every SWA FO is not something that I see them doing. It will be bad for business.

I do see them taking what they want from AT (gates, routes and planes) and slowly closing down Guadalupe Holdings. Will they state that publically? Of course not, but that is probably the plan if you guys don't agree to a staple.

Jeez, you will have already gained massive pay increases and stability. You expect not to give something up for that? I guess you expect to get it ALL. Which is why I predict you will get NOTHING.

Good luck. You guys really need to pull your heads out of your asssses.

I don't know how it is going to go down, but I don't see any AT guy out of a job. What I do like is the potential this will have for both SWA/AT. I just dislike ALPA and how corrupt they are.

Bob, not that I think you bring any good discussion to the table, but I *HIGHLY* suggest editing your comment for profanity. CLR has been pretty aggressive in policing the board lately, and I don't want to see ANYONE get put in the penalty box.

Speaking strictly NOT as a mod, since I'm not moderating these threads, just trying to make sure you stick around to keep things amusing. :beer:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back