• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gary Kelly's ATN Comments at Message To The Field

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee, those guys will never see anything but hatred at their combined airline. What a nightmare.

General Lee, on the other hand, continually asks himself why he went with DAL, when he could have been a Captain at SWA. Instead, now, his envy of SWA turns into continuous rants about LBB overnights, and wishing death and destruction towards all SWA pilots...that's the nightmare he has to wrestle with every night. What a nightmare.

Just like all ALPA carriers operate under the same contract? You obviously don't understand how this works.
What he's talking about is a Single Carrier Filing for Collective Bargaining purposes.

There are varying results from a Single Carrier Filing, some have met with limited success and some have been more successful. The one thing that seems to be the delineating factor in whether a SCF is successful is how management is structured and whether the company really IS operated separately (separate management, separate scheduling and operations control centers, separate certificate, and separate offices).

This is all just speculation, as I still have no doubt of GK's desire to achieve the savings from fully integrating operations in a quick and efficient manner (I don't see any hostility in an SLI, from all reports, both Merger Committees are still working together, and every group has their 2%'ers). Therefore, I highly doubt a Single Carrier Filing will be required.

Seriously, if I were an AT pilot, I would agree to a staple. Not flaming here at all. AT guys just hit the lottery with SWA buying them out.

Culture is number one priority at SWA. If you guys think that GK is going to screw over and piss off his junior FOs, you're nuts. Take a staple and count your lucky stars. Otherwise, you'll likely get nothing and never be integrated. 2015 for an SLI is very telling. A lot can happen by then.

What he's talking about is a Single Carrier Filing for Collective Bargaining purposes.

I think the point Roughneck was making is even if Swapa is the representative group, it doesn't mean they will work under the current Swapa contract. ALPA represents many different groups under the same umbrella but with different CBA's. Swapa would probably do the same if ALPA dumped the AirTran pilots and Swapa was the representative group before the operations are combined.

Last edited:
2015 for an SLI is very telling. A lot can happen by then.

Like the effect that Egypt and the Middle East coupled with potential $150 oil can have on a break even operation like AirTran. I don't think GK is going to risk SWA when he has options. He will ALWAYS keep his options open. A smooth SLI and labor peace will make this decision much easier for him.

Seriously, if I were an AT pilot, I would agree to a staple. Not flaming here at all. AT guys just hit the lottery with SWA buying them out.

Culture is number one priority at SWA. If you guys think that GK is going to screw over and piss off his junior FOs, you're nuts. Take a staple and count your lucky stars. Otherwise, you'll likely get nothing and never be integrated. 2015 for an SLI is very telling. A lot can happen by then.

Hey! Look who just finished his latest round of electro-shock therapy! Welcome back, Bobby!

Unfortunately, now when a FA puts something in the microwave, Bob soils himself, froths at the mouth, and starts stapling his own genitals with a little, bitty Swingline stapler he carries for just this purpose.

Hey! Look who just finished his latest round of electro-shock therapy! Welcome back, Bobby!

Unfortunately, now when a FA puts something in the microwave, Bob soils himself, froths at the mouth, and starts stapling his own genitals with a little, bitty Swingline stapler he carries for just this purpose.

I thought I was on your ignore list?

Sorry bud, I'm just trying to talk some sense into you guys from a outsiders perspective. At this rate, it looks like you're going to blow it. Southwest will not destroy their company culture. If they do, they know that will be the beginning of the end. The will protect their own. It is practically written in their business plan. Either you guys take a staple, or plan on never going over. JMHO.

I love how General Lee is now your ally and biggest cheerleader. He is steering you guys down the path of destruction.

You know, the more I read from GL the more I'm starting to think he is at AirTran. Welcome aboard General.

Latest resources

Back