• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gary Kelly's ATN Comments at Message To The Field

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How is that some of you will say senoirity is everything, but hey you AAI guys should give up ALL of yours for a big paycheck.

...as opposed to SWA guys, who should presumably give up our seniority for nada? :rolleyes:

Actually, you gain a delayed upgrade. SWA F/Os will lose career earnings due to this. My loss is about 5% over my career for total earnings. Seeing that every AT pilot gains no less than 30% in career earnings my vote is against relative seniority.

Last edited:
If you "gave" the AirTran pilot staight relative seniority you still have lost nothing as AirTran pilots are bring a 140 aircraft with them.

After more than a dozen threads and hundreds of posts on the subject, if you still can't (or won't) see the windfall a straight relative seniority integration would be for the AirTran pilots, I'm not going to try and educate you.

Actually, you gain a delayed upgrade. SWA F/Os will lose career earnings due to this. My loss is about 5% over my career for total earnings. Seeing that every AT pilot gains no less than 30% in career earnings my vote is against relative seniority.

That didn't seem to matter in any of the recent arbitration hearings. Each losing side had that defense.

OYS

Last edited:
That didn't seem to matter in any of the recent arbitration hearings. Each losing side had that defense.

Really, did the US pilots show that they'd have better career earnings than the AWA pilots--especially the furloughed US Air pilots? The US pilots' main point was that they'd put more years into the airline/their careers. Career expectations was a big factor. US pilots on the street stayed on the street, pilots getting high paying positions kept their high paying positions.

Bobby, you're an idiot. Not even the most militant SWA guys think they are going to get a staple . . . but here's good ol' Bobby, looking about as "with it" as Dennis Kucinich.

Ty, I think you'd be surprised at how many SWA FOs are demanding a staple. Thankfully, they're polite enough to not rub it into others faces on a public forum. Those espousing relative seniority, keep pushing the rest of us towards the "Swingline" position.

Que sera, sera. It's all just a forum. Still, both sides will vote on the SLI if something happens before arbitration and then public opinion will be important. Hopefully, both sides won't be so poisoned that the USAPA fracture is guaranteed. That seems to be the goal of the outsiders.

After more than a dozen threads and hundreds of posts on the subject, if you still can't (or won't) see the windfall a straight relative seniority integration would be for the AirTran pilots, I'm not going to try and educate you.
Try this again. What has a Southwest pilot lost, not what an AirTran pilot has gained.

I would bet there is a way to do a fair integration where every SW pilot increases their relative seniority by a little and every Airtran pilot loses a little relative seniority. That is better than DOH and less than straight relative. That is my guess on where the arbitrators may rule. I'm probably totally wrong, but..........sounds kinda fair to me.

Latest resources

Back