• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

G4dude wants to scab thread.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
G4Dude are you reading any of these threads?

Have you figured out the deal yet? Have you joined the fight or will you continue to watch from the sidelines? Hoping that someone else will make it better for you?

It isn't the pilots talking about how screwed up this place has gotten. It's the mechanics, it's the FA's and it's the people upstairs.

Noe is gone. Shizzle is about to get real pretty soon. Omaha is coming up. When will the south rise up and fight to make this place a better place for us?

Lets go!! My offer still stands you and your wife can have an all expense paid trip to Omaha to support the pilots of this company.

Let's go buddy you just logged on yesterday and aren't jumping in the post?

Last Activity: Yesterday 09:28

Are you going to take me up on my offer to head to omaha?

Diesel:

Why do you care what his opinion and options are? If you are correct in your assumptions, his mediocre voice and vote should not count in the overall scheme of things.

The important question is simple ... Are you afraid of his opinion or of your position?

If, as you postulate, unions solve employment situations, you should prevail absent his opinion. My opinion is equally simple ...Drop it and move on. If you don't you will continue to be perceived as defending the indefensible.

Bob

Diesel:

Why do you care what his opinion and options are? If you are correct in your assumptions, his mediocre voice and vote should not count in the overall scheme of things.

The important question is simple ... Are you afraid of his opinion or of your position?

If, as you postulate, unions solve employment situations, you should prevail absent his opinion. My opinion is equally simple ...Drop it and move on. If you don't you will continue to be perceived as defending the indefensible.

Bob

I care because I hate seeing people make the wrong choice based of lack of knowledge and understanding. Especially when that bad choice will haunt the, for the rest of their careers while hurting their fellow pilots.

We are only as strong as our weakest link and this is even more true in union negotiations. The company is looking for 50% +1 that's all they need and that's all they are aiming for.

I flew with a pilot that thought we should all pay for our healthcare. When I picked my mouth up off the floor I asked him how long before he was retiring. He said within a year. I asked him if he would be thinking the same thing if he still had 20 years to go in his career. To his credit he said no he didn't think he would. He was just hoping for a bonus before he retired and didn't think about the long term affects.

The next morning over the typical embassy suites breakfast he told me he thought a lot about what we talked about and that his short term thinking would hurt a lot of friends in the long term.

I agreed.

Hey g4dude there is a no confidence vote coming up. All you have to do is click a button. Will you be doing that?

Don't worry my offer still stands for Omaha but I'm going to bump it to first class, hotel, and per diem.

A very senior PIC friend of mine cast his no confidence vote yesterday. If you know what I mean.

Let's hope he at least clicked on the email and voted to support the union.

Latest resources

Back