Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Diesel

TEB Hilton resident
I thought since we have 3 threads about g4dude not understanding union negotiations and how it all works we could merge it all into "let's help g4dude understand contact negotiations and why scabing is wrong."

G4dude thinks it's wrong that if he crosses a union picket line as a scab that he should be then treated different from all the pilots that walked the line. What he doesn't understand is that crossing the line is the act of him stepping on the necks of his brother and sisters.

So let's all help educate and answer g4dude's union questions to make him a better union member. Hopefully this thread will keep him from being a scab and throwing his career away.

Jack London's description of a scab.

?After God had finished the rattlesnake, the toad, the vampire, He had some awful substance left with which He made a scab.

A scab is a two-legged animal with a cork-screw soul, a water-logged brain, a combination backbone of jelly and glue. Where others have hearts, he carries a tumor of rotten principles.

When a scab comes down the street, men turn their backs and angels weep in heaven, and the Devil shuts the gates of Hell to keep him out.

No man has a right to scab so long as there is a pool of water to drown his carcass in, or a rope long enough to hang his body with. Judas Iscariot was a gentleman compared with a scab. For betraying his master, he had character enough to hang himself. A scab has not.

Esau sold his birthright for a mess of pottage. Judas Iscariot sold his Savior for thirty pieces of silver. Benedict Arnold sold his country for a promise of a commission in the British Army. The modern strikebreaker sells his birthright, his country, his wife, his children and his fellow men for an unfulfilled promise from his employer, trust or corporation.

Esau was a traitor to himself: Judas Iscariot was a traitor to his God; Benedict Arnold was a traitor to his country; a strikebreaker is a traitor to his God, his country, his wife, his family and his class.?

I'm beginning to think he's some management tool, that just wishes to stir the pot. No one in this industry can claim to be as ignorant as he seems to be about the choice, which he claims to want to do, of being a scab.

He claims he shall remain friends with those that choose not to scab, he mentions gutshaw continuing to be his friend. I suggest if gutshaw is actually his friend, he should vehemently tell him to shut the hell up. Because I know for a fact, first hand, of relationships completely destroyed due to a scab being just that, a scab.

I wish my fathers generation could still fly the line, they fought hard, and now scab want to bees are publicly claiming it's their right destroy what THEY built? It's clearly true, my fathers generation was ten thousand times ours, and indeed the greatest generation.

G4 is not a management pilot or management plant. Just a pilot who likes to stir the pot a bit and, for some inexplicable reason, enjoys being able to spool up other posters on this board.

Nevertheless, when it comes to our current contract negotiations, I find his positions to be naive, misguided, and self-destructive. I've done my best to educate, persuade, and "suggest" that he re-evaluate his mindset. And I hope, if and when the time comes, he'll make the right choice.

G4, sorry to say, BUT, if you choose poorly:

http://youtu.be/P5y6C-v5-j0

Choose wisely.

I don't believe he is naive or that anti union. I believe he is terrified of stiring the pot and totally unwilling to make a stand, while enjoying the benefits of a hard fought victory. I just hope he's like that guy in Saving Private Ryan, who was so terrified he let the bad guy pass. He finally grew some stones, albeit a little late. Hopefully G will see the light sooner.

Gutshot, thanks for posting. That he fails to even accept advice from his declared friend says it all. Unfortunately his "G4" continual defense of the defenseless act, bodes poorly for the "image" of Netjets pilots. This is where I and most others feel he's already crossed the line. He tarnishes us all.

At this point I'm hoping that everyone from now on, simply responds to his posts, like "crickets". Generally that's the only way to "honorably" respond to a scab, or scab sympathizer, render him inconsequential by not recognizing their existence.

Actually, in several ways you all have informed me about the good things ASAP has done. For which I am grateful. However, if you think I am the only free marketeer at NJA, guess again. Diesel would be a pariah in the Five. Just remember, I have not decided to cross. Only 2 things bother me about this.
1) the "embarrass Warren" campaign which I worry will backfire.
2) that you see nothing wrong with mistreating a sincere pilot, who doesn't agree with a strike, for the rest of his career.
Why in the world do these opinions inspire such anger and vitriol? The completion of my Union education is that seemingly decent people see nothing wrong with hooliganism is a revelation to me. I thought such detestable actions were only practiced by the extremists. I was wrong, apparently.

G4 is not a management pilot or management plant. Just a pilot who likes to stir the pot a bit and, for some inexplicable reason, enjoys being able to spool up other posters on this board.

Nevertheless, when it comes to our current contract negotiations, I find his positions to be naive, misguided, and self-destructive. I've done my best to educate, persuade, and "suggest" that he re-evaluate his mindset. And I hope, if and when the time comes, he'll make the right choice.

G4, sorry to say, BUT, if you choose poorly:

http://youtu.be/P5y6C-v5-j0

Choose wisely.

I'm still pondering.

Latest resources

Back