G0JETS Blows

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PCL_128 said:
Although I can't stand the BloJets pilots, I've gotta agree with Yank on this. A SCAB is a special class of dirtbag. Throwing that word around when there's no strike going on isn't something we should be doing. The BloJets pilots are almost as bad as SCABs, but they aren't SCABs. Let's try to leave that word for when it really does fit.

Gotcha. I stand corrected.

-Goose

PCL_128 said:
Although I can't stand the BloJets pilots, I've gotta agree with Yank on this. A SCAB is a special class of dirtbag. Throwing that word around when there's no strike going on isn't something we should be doing. Let's try to leave that word for when it really does fit.

WOW, I am impressed PCL_128! You are right. The real SCAB's right are the Walgreen Phramicists that have crossed the line.

boxjockey said:
Perhaps these folks are using the wrong terminology, but do you think what is happening with G@Jets isn't as bad as flying struck work? I think it should face exactly the same ridicule from pilots.

box

Exactly. Alter Egos should be considered the same. Ho Jet pilots are taking the steak right off the plates of the Trans States guys.

Black Water Dog said:
Ho Jet pilots are taking the steak right off the plates of the Trans States guys.

Steak? Don't you mean Ramen noodles? ;)

PCL_128 said:
Steak? Don't you mean Ramen noodles? ;)

Hey give us a little credit. He meant chicken noodle soup and wonder bread

True the ************************* guys are not SCABS....but they are in the same family so let them be SORES.

Last edited:
Yank McCobb said:
Once again, the brilliant minds of flightinfo posters seem to have forgotten just what a scab is.

You keep throwing that word about whenever you feel upset about something or someone, then it dilutes the true meaning and the true actions of someone crossing a line to fly struck work.

Who exactly is on strike? I must have missed that press release.

I was just about to ask the question....."I thought a scab was someone who crosses the picket line?"......I get confused everytime someone says "scab" and noone is on strike:rolleyes:

Who can strike? There's no leverage anymore. These guys G0JETS, TranStates, Mesa, CHQ (sorry CHQ guys) will come in and underbid each other (read ALG, Mesaba, Comair (how the world changed), PDT, CCAir)

It's management's wet dream. Contracts? Who needs to negotiate a good contract when I can-

a. Go operate a new certificate with what I want and what I want to pay.
b. Ship it out to contract carrier.

No negotiating, no headaches, no extra money. F&CK #M, "We'll just start another airline..."

That's why these people need to be educated on why it's just as bad as being a SC*B.

Last edited:
The good news is the FAA is giving companies a hard time when they want to do this. Take republic for instance 2+ yrs and counting. And it has cost the company millions in costs associated to violating scopes and having to buy Shuttle America to avoid more payments. THey are still on the hook for $35000 a day until they can get the last of the 170's off CHQ's certificate.If they would have just bought them 2 years ago the problem would have been solved and we could have gotten rid of those whiny Saab drivers by now.

Latest resources

Back