G0-Jet Pay Scales

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
People considering g0jets,

You would be WELL advised NOT to go there. You will not get my jumpseat while you work there, nor will you get a nod or a smile or a nice conversation out of me. I know of far too many others who also share the same strong feelings about the legal maneuvering around TSA pilots and the artificial (and temporary) leg up GJ pilots are getting at their direct expense - Many other pilots will also make your life very difficult should you ever need a ride or a helping hand.

Read up on the industry a little - it's your career... have a little pride in it and don't put it at risk by working at GJ. There are MANY other more honest companies looking for pilots.

Honestly, nobody should go to work for any Trans States Holdings company if they can avoid it. Glad to see GJ is getting CRJ700 wages that are pretty much equal to TSA's wages for the 145. Way to stop the race to the bottom (dang, I swore I'd never use that phrase). And I don't know why you think that for your first contract you'll get many improvements over what you're already working for. Not very realistic when you consider who you're negotiating with.

PilotSkydiver said:
I'll let you guys know what the reply is...

Dear Mr. P#######,

My name is ##########, a UND Graduate and a former member of SAMA. It has come to my attention that you have invited Go-Jet Airlines, (A Division of Trans-States Holdings) to this years SAMA conference. I would like to inform you of some details about this airline of which you may not be aware.

In 2003-2004 the Trans-States airlines MEC was in negotiations with management over possible new flying with EMB-170 aircraft for the United Airlines codeshare, which ultimately fell through and the aircraft went to Chautauqua Airlines. Chautauqua and Trans-States both fly for American Airlines as American Connection. After Chautauqua started receiving aircraft it was brought to their attention they were in violation of the American Pilots (APA) scope clause of their contract, which states (paraphrasing) no subsidiary of AA or codeshare Partner of AA shall operate aircraft larger than 50 seats. After they were made aware of this they decided to create another airline for the EMB-170's and Republic Airlines was born. Chautauqua worked closely with their pilot group and through tough but fair negotiations they were successful in reaching a deal which would allow the pilot seniority list to be integrated with this new airline (and also subsequent airlines such as Shuttle America and Mid Atlantic). Having seen the problems at Chautauqua the Management at Trans-States Airlines decided to be proactive and Go-Jet Airlines was born.

Instead of working with the pilot group at Trans-States Airlines to come to a mutual agreement over seniority rights at this new airline the management team at Trans-States airlines decided that since this was a "totally separate" airline it did not have any obligation to honor our contract. (Our Contract Says in Section 1 in the section on scope "The Company shall not create an Alter-Ego to circumvent any section of this contract.") I am not a lawyer but the word company was weak and the NMB decided that the company was not Trans-States Holdings, but Trans-States Airlines. Trans-States Holdings continues to be a holding company only with no real offices and actually the business certificate was revoked by the state of Missouri in 2003 for not re-filing paperwork. Trans-States did make one offer to the pilot group in the form of concessions and a contract extension in which 75% of the voting pilots turned down. To this date no other offer has been proposed.

The University of North Dakota stands for integrity and honesty, not shady business practices and loopholes. I am proud to be a UND graduate, but when I hear about my university advertising and supporting Go-Jet Airlines I am dismayed. I urge you not to support Go-Jet airlines. Go-Jet was devised to get around contracts bargained in good faith and is a threat to the hard working pilots at Trans-States Airlines. Go-Jet is just another airline dedicated to the downward spiral of pilot wages and benefits. The absence of these will cause a decline in enrollment at UND and I do not wish for this to happen. I do realize that placement is a difficult job and I do not wish for our graduates to be jobless, however Go-Jet is not a good choice for our new graduates. I am confident that you will make the morally right and ethically sound decision.

Sincerely,

#########

As a Sioux alumni I must say "nicely done!!!!!!!!!!" Thanks for trying to help our schools reputation and it's soon to be graduates!

Did anyone else think Jordan Parise threw the BC game? There is always next year. GO SIOUX!!

fuelflow said:
I think you got some bad information.

1st year pay - $56.00 / hr, which is the same as CHQ and Skywest, and higher than Mesa. The FO pay is roughly the same as other regional 1st year pay. Improvements will come whenever the contract is completed (probably one to two years).

The 60 hour guarantee is for training, goes to 70 hours for reserve and 74 hours for lineholders. The union just announced time and a half OVER guarantee for JA assignments and open time pick-ups.

Lines for May range from 14 to 18 days off. 10 to 11 days off for reserves.

I don't know what you mean by GJ not having a "flying certificate" yet. It's an "Air Carrier Certificate" and it was granted by the FAA about 7 months ago. Is your story your own or fabricated by what you've heard?

Do you work there?

JAG747 said:
Interviewed recently and was offered the Job at the end of interview. Class was to start the following monday but due to alot of issues that just dont seem right! I turned it down. It would of been nice to fly the CRJ and upgrade real fast but after hearing how low the pay was. Just did'nt seem fair or the right thing to do.

Pay: FO=22/hr
CA=54/hr ( this is for a 70 seat jet)
Monthly Guarantee= 60

No Per-Diem during training, No Hotel (u have to pay the bill).
class was going to be 6 days a week.

Bottom line: the pay for an 8-hr day during the 5 weeks of training would be right around 6.25/hr which would not cover the hotel bill. Was real disappointed to see what a Regional Airline is really getting away with.

Estimated pay/Annual salary

FO =16K not including per-diem
CA= 40K not including per-diem
Think About It? I would of loved to fly and become a CA again, but we are "all" supposed to make $ and that's how I came to my opinion....

CP informed us at interview that they will be getting 5 new jets soon. He said by June at the latest...No mention at all about the flying certificate and I later found out that Go-Jet has not received it yet.

TSA Pilots: Get your Union to start doing there job better! I would not tolerate what is going on within your airline. (just my opinion).
Dont let them get the final authorization to fly this "low paying" start-up carrier within a carrier at these wages! Get those nice 70-seat CRJ back on your property and the pay-scales that you deserve.

Thanks for rejecting the job....got two of my friends hired that came down thursday and friday....we only want positive people that love to fly.

waterski_heavy said:
Thanks for rejecting the job....got two of my friends hired that came down thursday and friday....we only want positive people that love to fly.

And as you forgot to mention, stab people in the back.

waterski_heavy said:

Dont you place any value on your work and how it is appreciated? Have some self-respect and pride a-hole. That goes too for some of these Mesa guys and girls running around...unbelieveable and sad that it has come to this.

waterski_heavy said:

And that don't mind hiding their badges while walking through terminals! Dude, some friend you are. You just made your buddies' lives miserable by the looks of it. They probably have no clue what they're stepping into cause their friend works there. And of course, you probably don't commute and put a positive spin on your situation for them.

JAG747 said:
Was real disappointed to see what a Regional Airline is really getting away with.

Just the regionals? See what some of the majors are going to get away with!<cough>NWA<cough><ScamJet><cough>Compass>

Nu

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back