G0-Jet Pay Scales

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Go-Jets Actually Gives Money???

I didn't know that Go-Jet Pilots actually got money for flying... I thought that they just received a little cheese since everyone who works for them are R-A-T-S!

Well said Steveair! I thought that Blow-Jet pilots were greedy, but they don't even make money! As another UND alumn, it angers me to see that go-jet is targeting schools with good pilots who do not know better -yet!

UND / ERAU/ Purdue etc... ALUMN's ----don't let good schools team up with Bendover-jEt! Tell the department how bad it is!

PilotSkydiver said:
I'll let you guys know what the reply is...

Dear Mr. P#######,

My name is ##########, a UND Graduate and a former member of SAMA. It has come to my attention that you have invited Go-Jet Airlines, (A Division of Trans-States Holdings) to this years SAMA conference. I would like to inform you of some details about this airline of which you may not be aware.

In 2003-2004 the Trans-States airlines MEC was in negotiations with management over possible new flying with EMB-170 aircraft for the United Airlines codeshare, which ultimately fell through and the aircraft went to Chautauqua Airlines. Chautauqua and Trans-States both fly for American Airlines as American Connection. After Chautauqua started receiving aircraft it was brought to their attention they were in violation of the American Pilots (APA) scope clause of their contract, which states (paraphrasing) no subsidiary of AA or codeshare Partner of AA shall operate aircraft larger than 50 seats. After they were made aware of this they decided to create another airline for the EMB-170's and Republic Airlines was born. Chautauqua worked closely with their pilot group and through tough but fair negotiations they were successful in reaching a deal which would allow the pilot seniority list to be integrated with this new airline (and also subsequent airlines such as Shuttle America and Mid Atlantic). Having seen the problems at Chautauqua the Management at Trans-States Airlines decided to be proactive and Go-Jet Airlines was born.

Instead of working with the pilot group at Trans-States Airlines to come to a mutual agreement over seniority rights at this new airline the management team at Trans-States airlines decided that since this was a "totally separate" airline it did not have any obligation to honor our contract. (Our Contract Says in Section 1 in the section on scope "The Company shall not create an Alter-Ego to circumvent any section of this contract.") I am not a lawyer but the word company was weak and the NMB decided that the company was not Trans-States Holdings, but Trans-States Airlines. Trans-States Holdings continues to be a holding company only with no real offices and actually the business certificate was revoked by the state of Missouri in 2003 for not re-filing paperwork. Trans-States did make one offer to the pilot group in the form of concessions and a contract extension in which 75% of the voting pilots turned down. To this date no other offer has been proposed.

The University of North Dakota stands for integrity and honesty, not shady business practices and loopholes. I am proud to be a UND graduate, but when I hear about my university advertising and supporting Go-Jet Airlines I am dismayed. I urge you not to support Go-Jet airlines. Go-Jet was devised to get around contracts bargained in good faith and is a threat to the hard working pilots at Trans-States Airlines. Go-Jet is just another airline dedicated to the downward spiral of pilot wages and benefits. The absence of these will cause a decline in enrollment at UND and I do not wish for this to happen. I do realize that placement is a difficult job and I do not wish for our graduates to be jobless, however Go-Jet is not a good choice for our new graduates. I am confident that you will make the morally right and ethically sound decision.

Sincerely,

#########

Thanks PilotSkyDiver.

waterski_heavy said:
Thanks for rejecting the job....got two of my friends hired that came down thursday and friday....we only want positive people that love to fly.

Nice work, Waterskiheavy. That's as original as Guppykiller. I expect a bit more out of you.

NuGuy said:
Just the regionals? See what some of the majors are going to get away with!<cough>NWA<cough><ScamJet><cough>Compass>

Nu

And there are already people on this board jumping at the bit to get hired at that place. Talk about a bunch of mindless people in this industry.

PtP

I just heard from a source that TSA Holdings is considering canceling any further plans of growth through HoJets. Apparently they're having a really tough time getting enough pilots.

Has anybody else heard this?

http://www.go-jetpilots.com/ (Delete the - )

I spoke with a few UND'ers and most know better not to get involved with Blow-Jetz and are not pleased they will be on campus. I'm sure some will still be jumping on the opportunity to fly a jet for possibly the worse company out there with a horrible contract, instead of waiting for a good company. I guess they have to learn somehow (poor souls). I wish all pilots do not join a company who is poisining the aviation industry.

My guess is Blowme-Jet is going to UND because one Mgmt. Pilot Sanjay Ramesh Patel, crossed over to Bendover-Jet and he represented Trans States Airlines at the UND SAMA Conference a few years ago. These scum hope to attract pilots who do not know the 121 regioinal industry.

I hope UND Pilots treat them with little respect and bring up the fact that they are hurting many of their good alumni friends who are at the regionals now!

-Night_Flight-

Last edited:
This May will mark the third year that TSA has recruited low-time pilots from Purdue. All seniors and recent alums got an email last fall about GJ hiring Purdue grads at the same times as TSA, which was a slap in the face to the 40+ recently graduated employed by TSA. GJ even shared a table with TSA at our job fair last fall, but I heard got next to zero attention. Alums employed at TSA would have made an appearance, but even those off probation were afraid of being unjustly fired

Last I'd heard, no recent Purdue grads had gone to GJ. Current students and recent alums made it a point to educate those graduating to explain the reprecussions of accepting such employment. Don't let their naivity about the industry or SJS or whatever get them somewhere they might regret. Good luck!

BoilerUP said:
This May will mark the third year that TSA has recruited low-time pilots from Purdue. All seniors and recent alums got an email last fall about GJ hiring Purdue grads at the same times as TSA, which was a slap in the face to the 40+ recently graduated employed by TSA. GJ even shared a table with TSA at our job fair last fall, but I heard got next to zero attention. Alums employed at TSA would have made an appearance, but even those off probation were afraid of being unjustly fired

Last I'd heard, no recent Purdue grads had gone to GJ. Current students and recent alums made it a point to educate those graduating to explain the reprecussions of accepting such employment. Don't let their naivity about the industry or SJS or whatever get them somewhere they might regret. Good luck!

I just spoke to some of my friends who are still there. Apparently, everyone in the flight program is well informed. nobody is interested.

JumpCaptain said:
I just heard from a source that TSA Holdings is considering canceling any further plans of growth through HoJets. Apparently they're having a really tough time getting enough pilots.

Has anybody else heard this?

I know they just completed a full class and another bigger size class started this last week. But maybe thats it. Most guys look liked older guys who might have been coming from FlyI but I didnt bother to talk to any of them.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back