Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
how about the guy who is a "hard working commercial pilot" with 688 cross country hours over 50nm ( I thought that defined x country but certainly glad he made that clear) and he can endure long work hours which means he is willing to work for nothing to fly something cool. I wonder if he could endure if I dropped him from 10,000 feet and still keep all of his teeth connected to his skull.[/quot

He is a member here, and has done some sweet ferry flights!

Well no, actually it isn't.

61.1(b)(3) defines it, and it makes no mention of a specific distance. Later, the FAR goes on to explain that the aeronautical experience requirements for some certificates have various mileage limitations associated with their cross-country time, but a landing 50 miles away is not the definition of "cross country." Not at all.

And there's my nerd moment for the day... :beer:
Exactly, so those hours count for his ATP as well, not just for meeting part 135 mins.

Why bash the "hard workers?" He never said he didn't expect to be compensated for his hard work. I don't have a problem with someone "taking one for the team," as long as the company shells out the $$$ to reward them.

Funny how some people have such short term memory. You don't remember yourselves at 262 hours? I'll bet you that you looked just as "funny" as these guys you're mocking.

You know... I think you'd be "cooler" if you'd email these guys about some openings you know or have heard of. I'm sure you "old salts" would have appreciated that same gesture during the time of Orville when all of you apparently learned to fly.

Funny how some people have such short term memory. You don't remember yourselves at 262 hours? I'll bet you that you looked just as "funny" as these guys you're mocking.

You know... I think you'd be "cooler" if you'd email these guys about some openings you know or have heard of. I'm sure you "old salts" would have appreciated that same gesture during the time of Orville when all of you apparently learned to fly.

Actually, Orville was busy and it was Wilbur who signed my logbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back