Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not that he's a waiter, its that he tries to make it sound bigger by saying its a fine dining place. So what? He's good at sucking up to the rich people, hence he'd be a good corporate pilot? I'm sure he's a good guy, but come on, if you have to fluff your resume like that to get the "competitive edge"....

Isn't the whole point of a successful resume to make you stand out above the rest? I don't know this restaurant, if it's a fine dining place, so be it. In any case, it's irrelevant. What I see from his resume is that he's a hard worker, and it's a good quality. Also, I see that he's proud of his hard work. I also see that he's eager to advance in his career. Is there a problem with that?

Oh, and your "favorite"... Ryon Jones.... A quick look at his resume shows 6 years between high school and college spent working in car stereo installation and as a waiter, most likely to pay his own way through flight training.

Ouch. Good observation, and I guess a reality check was in order. :0

I'll note that he's updated his online profile to remove the piston type ratings, so someone's either pointed it out to him, or he's reading right along with us. If so, welcome.

Anyway, I well remember my marketability at 250 hours, and it wasn't much. I didn't offset it by "puffing up" made-up flight qualifications or experience, as anyone who's hiring would see right through that. (Ryon, if you're reading, I'd drop the FTD time, for example. And "type ratings" in planes that don't have them looked really bad. Good call getting rid of those.)

Employers hiring CFIs know exactly the experience that a 250-hour pilot fresh out of flight school has, and to pretend otherwise won't help the impression your résumé, and could actually hurt it.

Instead, I'd emphasize the legitimate job experience and qualifications you do already possess. I worked my way through school installing computer networks, as well as repairing and selling computers. That shows an overall technical background that looks good on a resume. (The guy above notes computer skills -- I wouldn't put "expert" at anything on a resume, though -- and a job at Siemens. That's a good start.)

I also did computer training, which would be a good addition to a prospective CFI's résumé. You want to emphasize the experience that's applicable to the job you're seeking. Nothing more, nothing less.

What makes you any better than these guys you enjoy making fun of?
Well, I make a killer margarita... :D

Isn't the whole point of a successful resume to make you stand out above the rest? I don't know this restaurant, if it's a fine dining place, so be it. In any case, it's irrelevant.
Exactly my point, so why is it on his resume? Its fluff.

Heck, half the stuff I know about aviation, I learned from a job driving a fuel truck, but that doesn't mean I'll emphasize that on my resume. Its unskilled labor, no matter how I try to spin it (all the times I had to be a mechanic on my truck for instance, or that I was a "lead," whoopdy freakin do). What I do emphasize is that I was a loyal employee for nearly 7 years, and my former manager would love to talk to them about my work ethics.

If anything, if I were him, I'd be looking to put down contact info, so they can get a good reference from my previous employer. They can tell them how fine the restaurant is, and how much discipline and effort it takes to be a good waiter there.

Well when some of us started, me included, pounding the pavement included spending hours and days of driving around airports or mailing resumes not just posting it on the internet and waiting.
Also by looking at some of these resumes, Ryons included, all I can say is Kit Darby format.

I looked at this site, and I didn't see anything that made me want to laugh. There's a low time guy on there with trans-oceanic crossing experience..... I've never done that, and I would wager that you haven't either. Guy looks pretty young, yet he owns his own business.... Tell me again how we're supposed to make fun of this guy?

Thank You! And I Am 30 years Old!

Well, if you knew my real name, BLing would make sense. It’s a play on words.

I got my time by busting my a$$. I moved away from home for almost a year. I left my girl who happens to be from Germany and is only in the US because of me at home all by herself. I saw her 3 times in that period which was a huge strain on the both of us. I worked 7 days a week and usually 12-14 hrs a day at a POS flight school in the middle of nowhere. Everyday was a challenge to stay alive and to avoid being violated.

Yes I am better than these Fags because I had enough sense to go out and get my time. I didn’t post some gay resume on the internet with 250 hrs and claim to have type ratings in Cessna and Pipers. I waited until I exceeding the minimum requirements and I sent professional resumes to the airlines of my choice.

I am not a “bitter wannabe old-slat at the ripe age of 25.” FYI, I happen to be 24 and enjoy my career but I do have a problem with people who feel entitled to job because they are “hard working commercial pilots” with 250 hrs. I do find it entertaining though as well as almost everybody else here!

Some of us are not looking to or even have desire to go to airlines or even fly jets? Give me a piston single or twin and & some freight I would be 100% happy!

Yes I am better than these Fags because I had enough sense to go out and get my time. I didn’t post some gay resume on the internet with 250 hrs and claim to have type ratings in Cessna and Pipers. I waited until I exceeding the minimum requirements and I sent professional resumes to the airlines of my choice.

These fags? How do you know they arent out "busting their ass" along with submitting a resume online? You have no idea. And your idea of busting your ass isnt even close to some peoples version, just keep that in mind.

Well, if you knew my real name, BLing would make sense. It’s a play on words.

I got my time by busting my a$$. I moved away from home for almost a year. I left my girl who happens to be from Germany and is only in the US because of me at home all by herself. I saw her 3 times in that period which was a huge strain on the both of us. I worked 7 days a week and usually 12-14 hrs a day at a POS flight school in the middle of nowhere. Everyday was a challenge to stay alive and to avoid being violated.

I am not a “bitter wannabe old-slat at the ripe age of 25.” FYI, I happen to be 24 and enjoy my career but I do have a problem with people who feel entitled to job because they are “hard working commercial pilots” with 250 hrs. I do find it entertaining though as well as almost everybody else here!

Believe me, champ, I and many others have you beat when it comes to paying our dues. I played the POS flight school game and the POS check hauling game and the POS freight game before I came to the airlines. There was a time when even regional jobs were quite hard to come by. I guess I am fortunate enough that it didn't turn me into a bitter jerkoff like yourself. Incidentally, what kind of super pilot are you that you couldn't find a local job instructing? There's an FBO in just about every town with an airport that's looking for a CFI. If you're 24 years old then regionals have been hiring low time guys and internet based resume services have been around since before you graduated high school. If you were holding out for one airline in particular or couldn't manage to get in the door sooner than you did, then that's your own fault. You show your immaturity by picking on people who you think you're better than. Meanwhile, I haven't seen any of those guys from the website that are posting on this thread stoop to your level of name calling. Guess that makes you the fag, eh?

By the way, if being away from somebody for a year at that young of an age put a serious strain on your relationship, I hope you aren't planning on marrying that girl. She'll have the whole neighborhood parked in your driveway waiting for a turn the minute you leave for the airport. How's that for stooping to your level?

Last edited:
By the way, if being away from somebody for a year at that young of an age put a serious strain on your relationship, I hope you aren't planning on marrying that girl. She'll have the whole neighborhood parked in your driveway waiting for a turn the minute you leave for the airport. How's that for stooping to your level?

FLAWLESS VICTORY

Some of us are not looking to or even have desire to go to airlines or even fly jets? Give me a piston single or twin and & some freight I would be 100% happy!

Dude, I want to hear about the aircraft repo business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back