• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Future regional aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In 10 years there will be no "mainline" domestic flying except for long haul trans continental stuff. It will all be done by "regionals" operating everything from 0-130 seats.

Wishful thinking by someone who plans on making a career at a "regional". The tide has turned. Past performance is not an indicator to future events.

There will no doubt be new 90-130 seat jets being used. They WILL have mainline pilots flying them.

Wishful thinking by someone who plans on making a career at a "regional". The tide has turned. Past performance is not an indicator to future events.

There will no doubt be new 90-130 seat jets being used. They WILL have mainline pilots flying them.

Wishful thinking? Reality my friend. Reality. History is about to repeat itself.

Are they even making 50 seat jets anymore? Will they be in 5 years?

They'll be making turboprops. Bet on it.

They will also be making CRJ 1000's, 2000's, etc. to be flown by "regional pilots." I can't wait!

The carriers, equipment and pilots flying the domestic market in 10 years will be determined by economic factors and NOT by anyone "taking back" THEIR flying. Pay structures for international flying will also be determined by economic factors including competitors NOT be limited by the Jones Act.

20 year prediction:
UniConDelAmUS, Inc. will be a clearing house for ticket sales to domestic (by then the North American Union) codeshare partners (regionals flying whatever) and international partners (subsidized by their governments who receive ludicrous aid from the NAU)

25 year prediction:
Under pressure from UniConDelAmUS and several "industry groups", regional pilot pay is deemed too costly and the Jones act is repealed.

30 year prediction: All flying done remotely by outsourced flight stations in India, Bangladesh or one of the Baltic states.

Last edited:
They will also be making CRJ 1000's, 2000's, etc. to be flown by "regional pilots." I can't wait!

Wishful thinking? Reality my friend. Reality. History is about to repeat itself.

Your going to have to re-apply at the new United to fly anything bigger than the 70 seater, and we may be taking those back too. Enjoy your career, or until your capacity agreement ends.

Your going to have to re-apply at the new United to fly anything bigger than the 70 seater, and we may be taking those back too. Enjoy your career, or until your capacity agreement ends.

Nah, I won't have to apply. When ASA/SKYW buys the new UniCal I'll be sitting just fine in my career.

Nah, I won't have to apply. When ASA/SKYW buys the new UniCal I'll be sitting just fine in my career.

That's funny. Do the drugs cause the delusions, or is that the radon fumes from your parent's basement you live in?

United Market capitalization $8.04 Billion
Skywest market cap $932.49M

Yeah, that will happen.

Last edited:
There are reasons CEO's arent pilots and Pilots arent CEO's.....

Latest resources

Back