• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Future regional aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Airlines will realize that stenciling "Regional Jet" behind "Boeing 737" (or any Boeing, really) will allow them to pay their BRJ pilots $10,000/yr.

Airbus will be fielding UAVs.

That's funny. Do the drugs cause the delusions, or is that the radon fumes from your parent's basement you live in?

United Market capitalization $8.04 Billion
Skywest market cap $932.49M

Yeah, that will happen.

Well, just announced today, 4 more CR7's coming to ASA and a contract extension for UniCal flying by the XJT side. Hate to say I told ya so......

Well, just announced today, 4 more CR7's coming to ASA and a contract extension for UniCal flying by the XJT side. Hate to say I told ya so......

Those birds are slated for the Delta operation.

Well, I guess the purchase of United by Skywest is imminent. Fool.

Last edited:
Those birds are slated for the Delta operation.

Well, I guess the purchase of United by Skywest is imminent. Fool.

All your domestic flying are belong to us. Muhuhuhahahahahaha!!!

But don't worry. I'm not one of those bitter guys that uses the jumpseat as a weapon. You will always be welcome as long as there is a middle seat available in coach.

All your domestic flying are belong to us. Muhuhuhahahahahaha!!!

But don't worry. I'm not one of those bitter guys that uses the jumpseat as a weapon. You will always be welcome as long as there is a middle seat available in coach.

Ok space ranger.............whatever you say. (shh, he's retarded)

Wishful thinking? Reality my friend. Reality. History is about to repeat itself.

Worse (or better, depending on your perspective).

My bet is mainline carriers are going to buy a total elimination of scope from their pilot groups. All narrowbody flying will be outsourced in exchange for huge (20-30%) pay rate increases.

The alternative would be for mainline to spend those billions of dollars buying their regional partners and 'insourcing'...leaving NOTHING for the mainline pilot groups.

The mainline pilots will have the chance to get a HUGE raise and upgrade to widebody equipment and would be STUPID to vote no on that in exchange for getting nothing but the RJ flying brought in house.

I can't wait to buy the General's (hot, young) wife a drink and listen to her talk about what an imbecile he is for voting no on a fat raise and a 757 seat.

Have a GREAT day!

Last edited:
Worse (or better, depending on your perspective).

My bet is mainline carriers are going to buy a total elimination of scope from their pilot groups. All narrowbody flying will be outsourced in exchange for huge (20-30%) pay rate increases.

The alternative would be for mainline to spend those billions of dollars buying their regional partners and 'insourcing'...leaving NOTHING for the mainline pilot groups.

The mainline pilots will have the chance to get a HUGE raise and upgrade to widebody equipment and would be STUPID to vote no on that in exchange for getting nothing but the RJ flying brought in house.

I can't wait to buy the General's (hot, young) wife a drink and listen to her talk about what an imbecile he is for voting no on a fat raise and a 757 seat.

Have a GREAT day!

I am pretty sure someone on here stated Delta offered a big pay raise to their pilots inexchange for 100 seaters, and were told NO, and then Delta sold Compass and Mesaba. If that is true, then your hypothesis is incorrect so far. Do you see the CAL and UAL guys taking that offer, after what they have fought for so far with scope? How about American? They don't seem to like the Eagle RJs too much, and there aren't too many 70 seaters at Eagle anyway. Looks like your guess isn't panning out. Can you offer any guesses as to who might take that offer?

Can you offer any guesses as to who might take that offer?

My guess is the DAL group will take it and then the UAL/CAL and American groups will be almost forced to in order to remain competitive.

But it's just that...guessing. If I'm wrong...so what?

We'll have to wait and see.

At present, all it is is crap you read on the internet.

My guess is the DAL group will take it and then the UAL/CAL and American groups will be almost forced to in order to remain competitive.

But it's just that...guessing. If I'm wrong...so what?

We'll have to wait and see.

At present, all it is is crap you read on the internet.

Are you guessing, or hoping? Do you fly for a regional?

Are you guessing, or hoping? Do you fly for a regional?

Yeah, I work at ASA.

The relevant factors are:

- they can't do domestic feed as cheap as outsourced labor can.

- being able to whipsaw different airlines makes it even cheaper.

- they need bigger airplanes to take advantage of lower CASM and fuel efficiencies

They have to get the pilots to give up scope to make it work.

The way they could do it would be to offer an ultimatum:

Take a large pay increase to give up scope altogether and become widebody only pilots. The retirements and international growth would support that and leave everyone with a seat in a bigger airplane.

Or...

Get NOTHING and DAL spends the hundreds of millions to billions to fleet itself with RJs and pilots to bring it's domestic feed operation in-house.

I'm thinking that given the choice, the DAL group would vote itself a raise and a widebody seat over simply enlarging it's pilot group with newhires that are on the RJs.

Like I said, we'll see how it plays out.

If you were a DAL pilot and presented with those options, it would be completely stupid to pick option 2...it gets you NOTHING and costs an arm and a leg.

Latest resources

Back