Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JumpersAway

Cruise Bores Me.......
Picking up on some interesting information regarding developments after the 1st of the year. Last year, SH publicly stated the possibility of USAirways flying for us to be announced at the first quarter of 2012. Heard this personally in recurrent in the fall of last year. With SkyWest pushing hard for flying in PHX, I think we're fixing to head up an operation in CLT. From what I'm hearing Mesa has an AD coming due on their CRJ9's that they can't afford to comply with.

A friend of mine interviewed for the ERJ side of things, and was given two options. Start training in Jan with legacy XJet, or wait until the spring for a CRJ class date.

Something else that's funny- apparently we're buying up CRJ 700 sim time like it's going out of style. GoJet is having a very difficult time finding pilots for their operation, and an even more difficult time training them up to do the flying. JA is sticking a dagger in GoJet and isn't happy with the underbid. GoJet has approached DAL in order to stagger and delay the aircraft swap over. DAL approached SkyWest INC. to see if we'd fly the airplanes until they were transferred one at a time, and spread out over metered period. XJet declined, and told them (DAL) it was either an all or none proposition. The aircraft swap/transfer is now in jeopardy for GoJet. Frankly, I hope Hulas chokes.......

Quite a bit of info floating around. I'm doubting the possibilities of a furlough, and I think we're about to spool up for upgrades and more hiring. We may finally be seeing some movement, not unlike our brothers/sisters on the legacy XJet side of things. Let's hope!

Oh, and a gate agent said we're taking over the Pinnacle ground handling contract in MEM next quarter.

Picking up on some interesting information regarding developments after the 1st of the year. Last year, SH publicly stated the possibility of USAirways flying for us to be announced at the first quarter of 2012. Heard this personally in recurrent in the fall of last year. With SkyWest pushing hard for flying in PHX, I think we're fixing to head up an operation in CLT. From what I'm hearing Mesa has an AD coming due on their CRJ9's that they can't afford to comply with.

A friend of mine interviewed for the ERJ side of things, and was given two options. Start training in Jan with legacy XJet, or wait until the spring for a CRJ class date.

Something else that's funny- apparently we're buying up CRJ 700 sim time like it's going out of style. GoJet is having a very difficult time finding pilots for their operation, and an even more difficult time training them up to do the flying. JA is sticking a dagger in GoJet and isn't happy with the underbid. GoJet has approached DAL in order to stagger and delay the aircraft swap over. DAL approached SkyWest INC. to see if we'd fly the airplanes until they were transferred one at a time, and spread out over metered period. XJet declined, and told them (DAL) it was either an all or none proposition. The aircraft swap/transfer is now in jeopardy for GoJet. Frankly, I hope Hulas chokes.......

Quite a bit of info floating around. I'm doubting the possibilities of a furlough, and I think we're about to spool up for upgrades and more hiring. We may finally be seeing some movement, not unlike our brothers/sisters on the legacy XJet side of things. Let's hope!

Oh, and a gate agent said we're taking over the Pinnacle ground handling contract in MEM next quarter.

Pretty spot on from what I've been hearing. Thanx Jumpers.

Everything in aviation is 50/50. Anything is possible, but It's not done till It's done.

Everything in aviation is 50/50. Anything is possible, but It's not done till It's done.

Agreed, WMS. As the old saying goes- "Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see". We're due some good news, so lets hope a tad of what was mentioned comes true.

The majors went through the gauntlet 10 years ago, and now it is our turn at the regional level. The strongest will survive, maybe. Let's just hope we're the hunters, rather than the hunted.

I've also heard him personally say we are furloughing up to 60 in the next few months... Hmm... What to believe? Oh yah, nothing! They have no f'ing clue what they are doing or what's going on.

Thanks for the rumors JumperAway. Hope they come true. We do need some upgrades and new hires on ye olde ASA side.

I've been hearing the same, and it seems very plausible....IF it does come true this way, it will prove yet again that JA is a very shrewd business man and we are better off working with him than against him....

You guys will believe anything that you want. I highly doubt GoJet can't get enough applicants. They probably could staff the airline with ASA FOs that have applied.

You guys will believe anything that you want. I highly doubt GoJet can't get enough applicants. They probably could staff the airline with ASA FOs that have applied.

Doesn't matter how many applicants you have if you can't get simulator time.....

Latest resources

Back