• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Future Prospects Ahead for Legacy ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I started getting a feeling something was up as soon as Brad released that cryptic update last week. Every week it was we need to get our costs in line and all of a sudden a cheery message came out calling the merger a success and the company is now in a strong position to pick up new flying and he'll keep us updated.

ASA's MO is to book all the available CRJ sim time in the Western Hemisphere thus blocking GoJets from training their crews......INGENIOUS!

ASA's MO is to book all the available CRJ sim time in the Western Hemisphere thus blocking GoJets from training their crews......INGENIOUS!

And a waste of money if they don't have a need for the sim time. I doubt they'd throw money away just to screw with G7 over a relatively small short term contract. During the SKYW earnings call they said the contract for those CR7s was undesireable, so they rebid at a higher rate. They sounded almost glad to be rid of it, preferring longer term contracts. Would SKYW/XJET really play these games to retain an unprofitable contract? I seriously doubt it.

On the other hand, if new flying or SKYW training justified the sim time I'm sure screwing GoJet would be a happy side benefit. Hopefully there is substance to the rumors being spread here today, but I'm not getting my hopes up without confirmation.

I heard the GoJets rumor too. The reason for them having staffing issues is because a large amount of their pilots are furloughed United and United is planning on recalling them next year. GoJets sucks!

And a waste of money if they don't have a need for the sim time. I doubt they'd throw money away just to screw with G7 over a relatively small short term contract. During the SKYW earnings call they said the contract for those CR7s was undesireable, so they rebid at a higher rate. They sounded almost glad to be rid of it, preferring longer term contracts. Would SKYW/XJET really play these games to retain an unprofitable contract? I seriously doubt it.

On the other hand, if new flying or SKYW training justified the sim time I'm sure screwing GoJet would be a happy side benefit. Hopefully there is substance to the rumors being spread here today, but I'm not getting my hopes up without confirmation.

I have heard crazier things come from Joe but I'm pretty sure baronman is being sarcastic.

Last edited:
Or they need the sim time to "dual qual" there pilots in the 2/7/9...

Dual qual is something that is going to have to be voted on, I don't think this gets gifted to the company in a simple MOU, it's going to have to be negotiated in the next contract. Good luck getting that done in the next month or two so that we could start training up the 200 crews.

Latest resources

Back