• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Future Prospects Ahead for Legacy ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're talking about once a year "work"... As opposed to 6,7,8 legs a day where each one is worth .9 hours of credit. Those OM revisions must be exhausting..

I've never quantified the amount of work, you did. I've simply said it's more work, therefore more responsibility, so, I expect more pay. As for the 6,7,8 leg days, if it's too much work for you, bid over to the 700 and you won't have that problem.

I've never quantified the amount of work, you did. I've simply said it's more work, therefore more responsibility, so, I expect more pay. As for the 6,7,8 leg days, if it's too much work for you, bid over to the 700 and you won't have that problem.

You're "OM revision" and "extra" limitations qualifier for "more work" is laughable.

You're "OM revision" and "extra" limitations qualifier for "more work" is laughable.

Then let's add the ERJs, they've got 50 seats, right? They've got 2 engines, the same stuff the CRJs have, where do you draw the line? That's only once a year knowledge, right? Why not add every aircraft out there? After all, it's just one more OM and another set of limitations? Who's the idiot here? While you're at it, let the unions know that you've decided pilots should fly every aircarft in the fleet, regardless of seats and historical precedent. Thanks ace!

Then let's add the ERJs, they've got 50 seats, right? They've got 2 engines, the same stuff the CRJs have, where do you draw the line? That's only once a year knowledge, right? Why not add every aircraft out there? After all, it's just one more OM and another set of limitations? Who's the idiot here? While you're at it, let the unions know that you've decided pilots should fly every aircarft in the fleet, regardless of seats and historical precedent. Thanks ace!

You're such a nerd Data.

No one is saying anything about the ERJ. I'm simply trying to get your delusional ass back down to reality. The 700 has better stage lengths, free meals, better overnights and better credit...All for an extra 3 or 4 grand a year. That's great! But to make the argument that you have it harder because you have to put a couple pieces of paper into your little book while at cruise is cosmically absurd. At least try to convince me you deserve more pay because you carry more passengers. I might believe that one.

You're such a nerd Data.

No one is saying anything about the ERJ. I'm simply trying to get your delusional ass back down to reality. The 700 has better stage lengths, free meals, better overnights and better credit...All for an extra 3 or 4 grand a year. That's great! But to make the argument that you have it harder because you have to put a couple pieces of paper into your little book while at cruise is cosmically absurd. At least try to convince me you deserve more pay because you carry more passengers. I might believe that one.

Delusional? This is comical. I never said I have it harder (you, by the way, have whined about that). You aren't listening. What I have said over and over is that if the company wants me to be responsible for flying the 50, the 700 and the 900 then I should be paid a higher wage.

Question, could you go down to Flight Safety right now and go thru EQP on the 700, right now, today? With your ticket on the line, including the oral and pathetic written test (limitations and emergency procedures)? Perhaps you could, but again, with your ticket on the line? Would I go do that on the 50? No way, not with my ticket on the line. Could I do it? Most likely yes. But to be responsible for the knowledge, however minor it might be, is what we're, or at least I'm, discussing. Our whole livelyhood is based on being able to get thru a checkride to continue to do what we do day in and day out, even though it's once a year. There's a difference between being cool, like you, and being able to fly any airplane I get in, and practical like me, to be legally liable for the operation in day to day flying with half to three-quarters of a billion dollars for each flight in insurance. That's the responsiblity and 'work' I'm talking about.

We're on the same team, but to give away our pay based on seats because you don't think it's more work is really what's delusional. Carry on.

You're such a nerd Data.

Good lord, he's saying more work is having to know the 200 stuff IN ADDITION to 700/900 stuff, not that the 700/900 is harder than the 200! I agree with him, more pay for more responsibility. Its not ridiculously hard hard to learn the 200/700/900, but it will take a few more minutes of flipping flash cards to get the 200/700/900 weights and other limitations down cold. So I expect some sort of compensation for it

The rumor that this thread originally started with, may have some merit. In recurrent bout a month ago, SH told the 7/9 drivers "I can't say any more, but you don't have anything to worry about, concerning displacements." Hope it all pans out. After watching legacy Xjet hire and upgrade over the past few months, it would be nice to have some growth here too.

Clutch... here is reality:

This is a Tug-of-War. Both parties must pull as hard as they can for their side. If you fail to do this than you will wind up in a pit of mud. If you want to go help the other side pull then go right ahead. Ill gladly hand you a towel to wipe the mud off of your face afterwards.

Latest resources

Back